Dallas, TX
Students enrolled: 1,720

Lake Highlands High School 1

Posted September 30, 2014
This school is a complete joke. They teachers don't teach and they clearly only provide for the male sport teams, their wranglers, and the cheerleader; which none of these organizations are even close to award winning. The school only cares about money and having the best test grades which is surprising since all of the textbooks are either out of date or only enough for a classroom set. If the district didn't provide what they did this school would be in the gutter. This building( I hate to even call it a school) also decides to punish there entire student body when they are unhappy in God knows what reason. This school only cares about you if you bring in money. No one should ever have to suffer through a highschool hateing every moment. How sad is it when a kid would rather go to sleep and never wake up then get an education, what happen to these should be the best moments of your life? This school is trash.

Lake Highlands High School 2

Posted April 23, 2014
Good school with excellent athletics programs. Teachers do a good job. Neighborhood is too costly.

Posted January 02, 2013
I graduated from this school class of '95. I eventually graduated from the University of California at Berkeley, class of 2000. I took AP English from Mr. Woods my senior year at LHHS. His curriculum prepared me for the rigorous work of university quite well. One of my professors, who was retiring, told me I was the best writer she encountered in her career. I credit my education at LHHS for preparing me for University and my career.

Posted August 15, 2010
I have very fond memories of my time at LH. My experience was the academic preparation for college was sufficient and the other school activities kept me in line at an influential age. I'm still great friends with many of the people I graduated with, even after we split ways for college.

Posted June 25, 2010
I am a former student and found my education prepared me for life as high performing business professional.

Posted January 30, 2010

Posted October 10, 2009
Lake Highlands High School offers a diverse student body with highly committed parents and perhaps one of the highest rates of 'legacy' students (who attend the same school as at least one of their parents did).

Lake Highlands High School 0

Posted October 10, 2009
It's a great school in a great neighborhood filled with great kids!

Lake Highlands High School 4

Posted May 27, 2009
Living in Lake Highlands, we chose to send our child to public as opposed to private because of the great RISD system. We have never regretted our decision. Our son attended RISD in LHHS for all of his education. He achieved National Merit status and top 10% at this school. He took advantage of everything that was offered to him, including sports, AP classes, dual credit classes with Richland College, and the performing arts classes. We as parents volunteered our socks off, and were very involved in our son's activities as well as the PTA and school fund raising. There are many needy students at this school, but the diversity only adds to the experience. LHHS is not a bubble, but a slice of life and that never hurt anyone . . . to get familiar with the real world early on. Overall, a great experience for our family.

Posted November 03, 2008

Lake Highlands High School
9449 Church Road, Dallas, TX  75238
Last modified Lake Highlands High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lake Highlands High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top