Bad
Good

The positive reviews are from people who attended a long time ago. I doubt if it is similar now to what it was then. Teachers don't care and don't stay too long. Everyone passes their classes then fails on the state tests, or quits school. I can't see how this school prepares a person for college and the AP classes have a poor passing rate.

This school is a complete joke. They teachers don't teach and they clearly only provide for the male sport teams, their wranglers, and the cheerleader; which none of these organizations are even close to award winning. The school only cares about money and having the best test grades which is surprising since all of the textbooks are either out of date or only enough for a classroom set. If the district didn't provide what they did this school would be in the gutter. This building( I hate to even call it a school) also decides to punish there entire student body when they are unhappy in God knows what reason. This school only cares about you if you bring in money. No one should ever have to suffer through a highschool hateing every moment. How sad is it when a kid would rather go to sleep and never wake up then get an education, what happen to these should be the best moments of your life? This school is trash.

Good school with excellent athletics programs. Teachers do a good job. Neighborhood is too costly.

I graduated from this school class of '95. I eventually graduated from the University of California at Berkeley, class of 2000. I took AP English from Mr. Woods my senior year at LHHS. His curriculum prepared me for the rigorous work of university quite well. One of my professors, who was retiring, told me I was the best writer she encountered in her career. I credit my education at LHHS for preparing me for University and my career.

I have very fond memories of my time at LH. My experience was the academic preparation for college was sufficient and the other school activities kept me in line at an influential age. I'm still great friends with many of the people I graduated with, even after we split ways for college.

LHHS is an excellent school that prepared me for a professional career as well as adulthood. From the counselors' office that routinely encouraged me to apply for various college scholarships to the hands-on, vested interest that the majority of teachers took in each student, my experience at Lake Highlands was that of a top-caliber school supported by the local community that routinely graduates Ivy League college students, leaders at various levels and successful student-athletes.

I am a former student and found my education prepared me for life as high performing business professional.

Lake Highlands High School offers a diverse student body with highly committed parents and perhaps one of the highest rates of 'legacy' students (who attend the same school as at least one of their parents did).

It's a great school in a great neighborhood filled with great kids!

Living in Lake Highlands, we chose to send our child to public as opposed to private because of the great RISD system. We have never regretted our decision. Our son attended RISD in LHHS for all of his education. He achieved National Merit status and top 10% at this school. He took advantage of everything that was offered to him, including sports, AP classes, dual credit classes with Richland College, and the performing arts classes. We as parents volunteered our socks off, and were very involved in our son's activities as well as the PTA and school fund raising. There are many needy students at this school, but the diversity only adds to the experience. LHHS is not a bubble, but a slice of life and that never hurt anyone . . . to get familiar with the real world early on. Overall, a great experience for our family.

Last modified Lake Highlands High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.