Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Supportive, effective teaching for all learners - whether they are advanced or need extra help to get up to standard. Lots of differentiation in the curriculum! And we love being a part of the close-knit neighborhood school environment. Parents here step up to support the school.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

In a high pressure teaching environment I think the teachers do a great job, lead by a talented principal.

Amount of homework: Agree

Of course less homework would be everyone's ideal preference, but in order to meet certain standards additional work at home has to be done. I understand that.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The school holds all students and teachers accountable equally, they work on making sure the students are held to a higher level, respect their peers and adults.

NHE provides a caring, nurturing learning environment for my children. The principal and staff are very friendly and accommodating..

Northwood Hills Elementary is an exemplary school! NHE does an excellent job in meeting the needs of all types of learners. Gifted students are challenged to meet their full potential and students are nurtured when they need extra support. The sense of community surrounding NHE is fantastic, I'm thankful for the support I can count on from my NHE neighbors.. Finally, my kids are happy! They are thriving, learning and come home happy- what more could a parent ask?

We could not be happier with our school! We love the sense of community at NHE. The principal, teachers, and support staff are top-notch, and they truly care for all of their students. Their method of teaching includes differentiated instruction which maximizes learning and growth for all students. Our daughter is getting an awesome, well-rounded education, and she's close to home!

A neighborhood is a group of people who live alongside each other. It is a choice for residents to become a community, allowing connections to develop. Our neighborhood has chosen to come together with Northwood Hills Elementary in the center. Here, the sense of community and family participation is unique and cannot be underestimated. Living in a small neighborhood, with a small school setting, is something very special. Northwood Hills Elementary has a history of state and federal accolades and high achievement awards, a dedicated principal, highly professional, experienced and qualified staff, and a very strong parent participation and PTA involvement. All of this contributes to the success of Northwood Hills Elementary. Our family chose to live in Northwood Hills because of the strong sense of community and the excellent educational opportunities provided. We are delighted with our community s school and I hope you ll give it a good look, too. Northwood Hills Elementary is not only an amazing place to grow and learn, but also a community within our neighborhood that allows our kids to grow up alongside each other.

This school is a gem in a lovely, established neighborhood in North Dallas. Featuring small classes, a fantastic principal, and great neighborhood ties, Northwood Hills Elementary is doing progressive and wonderful things for its students.

We are not homeowners in this neighborhood, however we did look very hard at the school when we were looking for a house to rent and have stayed in this neighborhood mostly because of the wonderful school. When we do decide to buy a house we are looking very closely in this neighborhood! When we started looking for homes I had a good friend that grew up in NWH and she suggested we look into it. It is such a wonderful community and school! We love how small, well kept, diverse, and friendly the school is. On the first day of school Principle Griffin and Ms. Ellis are right there to greet you and make you feel very comfortable leaving your child. Still almost half way through the year they are out there everyday greeting the children. Also on the first day I was surprised how many teachers and administrators had already learned my son's name. Now that he is almost half way through the year I am impressed by the individualism that the children receive. Also the communication with his teacher is excellent - she always emails me back quickly and addresses all my questions. This school, administrators, and the teachers have really impressed me and I wouldn't send him anywhere else!

Last modified Northwood Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.