Dallas, TX

Posted February 11, 2014
We could not be happier with our school! We love the sense of community at NHE. The principal, teachers, and support staff are top-notch, and they truly care for all of their students. Their method of teaching includes differentiated instruction which maximizes learning and growth for all students. Our daughter is getting an awesome, well-rounded education, and she's close to home!

Posted February 06, 2014
A neighborhood is a group of people who live alongside each other. It is a choice for residents to become a community, allowing connections to develop. Our neighborhood has chosen to come together with Northwood Hills Elementary in the center. Here, the sense of community and family participation is unique and cannot be underestimated. Living in a small neighborhood, with a small school setting, is something very special. Northwood Hills Elementary has a history of state and federal accolades and high achievement awards, a dedicated principal, highly professional, experienced and qualified staff, and a very strong parent participation and PTA involvement. All of this contributes to the success of Northwood Hills Elementary. Our family chose to live in Northwood Hills because of the strong sense of community and the excellent educational opportunities provided. We are delighted with our community s school and I hope you ll give it a good look, too. Northwood Hills Elementary is not only an amazing place to grow and learn, but also a community within our neighborhood that allows our kids to grow up alongside each other.

Posted February 05, 2014
This school is a gem in a lovely, established neighborhood in North Dallas. Featuring small classes, a fantastic principal, and great neighborhood ties, Northwood Hills Elementary is doing progressive and wonderful things for its students.

Posted January 30, 2014
We are not homeowners in this neighborhood, however we did look very hard at the school when we were looking for a house to rent and have stayed in this neighborhood mostly because of the wonderful school. When we do decide to buy a house we are looking very closely in this neighborhood! When we started looking for homes I had a good friend that grew up in NWH and she suggested we look into it. It is such a wonderful community and school! We love how small, well kept, diverse, and friendly the school is. On the first day of school Principle Griffin and Ms. Ellis are right there to greet you and make you feel very comfortable leaving your child. Still almost half way through the year they are out there everyday greeting the children. Also on the first day I was surprised how many teachers and administrators had already learned my son's name. Now that he is almost half way through the year I am impressed by the individualism that the children receive. Also the communication with his teacher is excellent - she always emails me back quickly and addresses all my questions. This school, administrators, and the teachers have really impressed me and I wouldn't send him anywhere else!

Posted November 13, 2013
Northwood Hills Elem is a small, friendly, neighborhood school with an energetic principal, excellent teaching staff, and an involved PTA. The school uses "differentiated education", meaning that teachers develop customized lessons in math and reading to allow more advanced students to move ahead and students who need a little extra help to get extra support. Within the first 2 weeks of starting Kindergarten my son had been assessed and we saw the differentiated instruction being incorporated into special activities. Love it. This school is also the only one in the district to have the "Think Tank", a special learning lab for Math and Science where kids really get to experiment on their own, apart from graded assignments. The Think Tank and its teacher are funded by the PTA. There's also a fun "Future Falcons" group for preschoolers and their families, which hosts playdates and socials for neighborhood kids and parents.

Posted May 28, 2013
Northwood Hills Elementary is an awesome school! We chose to live in the neighborhood of Northwood Hills, in part, because of this exemplary school. NHE s leadership team is outstanding, and the faculty and support staff are excellent and highly qualified as well. Parental involvement is so important to student success and this school s academic team truly supports and works closely with students' families in working toward high achievement for each and every student in this wonderfully diverse school community. Our children have received an excellent education at this academically rigorous school and are fully prepared for a successful future! We actively considered all schooling options (including private schools) and we determined that Northwood Hills Elementary offered our family the best educational opportunity. We are so glad we made the choice for our children to attend this real world public school! NHE Rocks!

Posted March 22, 2013
NHE has it ALL- great teachers, strong principal/ leadership, challenging academic programs and clubs, diversity, but most importantly- PARENTAL INVOLVEMENT! Parental support is a long-standing tradition at NHE, and that is what truly makes it a warm and loving neighborhood school! We have very high standards of education, and NHE has met every single one! Sincerely- an involved parent!

Posted May 24, 2011
We chose the neiggborhood because of its charm and character. At the time, we thought we would be sending our oldest to a private school. After visiting the school we thought we would give it a try. We're so glad that we did. The teachers are wonderful and responsive. Our son has made some wonderful friends. We have also gotten to know our neighbors and our neighborhood better through the school.

Northwood Hills Elementary School 4

Posted July 22, 2010
My husband grew up in the neighborhood and we chose the neighborhood and the school before every looking at a single house. The teachers and staff are part of our family and we could not imagine going anywhere else. Try this school before you spend a dime on a private school. You will be glad you did and you and your kids will benefit from knowing your neighbors.

Posted May 25, 2010
I moved to Dallas 9 years ago. Before i chose a house I visited school districts and schools. I will never forget my first visit to Northwood Hlls. Everyone was HAPPY, the students, the staff, the principal..it just felt right. Of course I checked on test scores, etc, could not be happier. I CHOSE Northwood Hills, our 3rd child is still there, this is a fabulous school with fabulous teachers. My older 2 were well prepared for junior high.

Northwood Hills Elementary School
14532 Meandering Way, Dallas, TX  75254
Last modified Northwood Hills Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Northwood Hills Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top