Posted June 08, 2014
I encourage any new families to the neighborhood to get more information about Prestonwood Elementary by joining our Future Panther Facebook page. There are lots of playgroups and sports teams that our Pre Kinder kids can participate in. This way the kids (and parents) get to know each other before Kindergarten. If you have a school aged child please reach out to the Prestonwood PTA for more information. We have a wonderful small school and we encourage all families to get involved and get to know each other, that is what makes us such a great little community.

Posted June 05, 2014
I'm sorry that the previous parent thinks that we are too Pinterest-y and that our teachers don't know how to teach. I haven't seen the same thing they have. My child has ALWAYS been pushed to their full potential. The staff and parents works tirelessly to provide a great enviroment for our kiddos. I would suspect that this parent doesn't truly spend time in the school and is on the outside looking in. The interaction between the Hispanic and white families is growing and we have some great Hispanic parents that volunteer. We are a title one school and we do the very best we can to give the kids every opportunity we can. This year there were countless amazing things that our children had the opportunity to learn, whether is was through classroom experiences, author visits, filed trips, in school programs, or evening activities. I'm sorry you didn't find what you were looking for, maybe private school is where you belong.

Posted June 05, 2014
I also have to strongly disagree with the parent who previously vented his or her frustration. PWE is an excellent school that we feel very privileged to attend. My son is not Hispanic but has many Hispanic friends, and I absolutely love the diversity of our school. In addition to the excellent education my son is receiving, I also appreciate the accessibility of the principal and the teachers. If I have a concern, they are quick to address them. In addition, my son has always begun learning new concepts from day one of each year. And yes, we have a wonderfully active PTA run by parents who enjoy giving their time and efforts to improving the lives of faculty and students. I feel this only enhances the school experience, rather than masks some deficiencies.

Posted June 05, 2014
Prestonwood Elementary is a wonderful school with highly dedicated teachers, principal, and staff. It is located in one of the best school districts in Texas. We looked high and low for a diverse public school with great academics and a strong sense of community and so moved here for this one in particular. We have not been disappointed in the least and are continuously commending ourselves on a great decision. We wanted our kids to have a public school that would exceed their needs academically while giving them a chance to befriend and learn from a diverse set of people, something that we felt they would have a slim chance of doing in most private schools. My child has a large array of friends and the classmates are extremely supportive of one another while continuously demonstrating a high degree of camaraderie that is rare to find these days. The parents are intelligent, loving and committed. The school continuously exceeds in meeting the needs of all. The children will be highly prepared for the future, without a doubt.

Posted June 05, 2014
Parents move into the area specifically because of PWE, and for teachers it is a destination school. If a parent prefers private school, as someone did recently, that is their choice but the criticisms they lobbed on the way out were unfair and ill-informed. There is an active and strong PTA that provides lots of time and money, and everyone is welcome to participate as much or as little as they want. When our son wasn't challenged enough, we spoke to his teacher and he got harder work. He has math above grade level, has always been challenged to push himself in reading and writing, and most importantly has always had teachers who care about his learning and that of all the students. The principal, teachers and staff are extremely accessible and because of the relatively small size of PWE, it has a sense of community and everyone there knows every single child in the school. If you want a public school for your child in this area, you cannot do better than PWE. For that unhappy parent who trashed PWE, don't let the door hit you in the rear on the way out. You have just freed up a space or more for a family who will be grateful to have their child at PWE, so thank you.

Prestonwood Elementary School 2

Posted June 04, 2014
PWE has caring teachers that want to be successful. I suspect they are never really taught how. There are many parents that really want to support the school- if only in the obnoxious over-involved sort of way with over the top holiday parties and "Pinterest crafting their class to death"- all in the name of saying the school has great parent support... and so it must be a wonderful place. Wink Wink. It's a diverse school but the Hispanic and White parents don't mingle at all, thus few of the kids do. In the way a school should matter the most- the quality of education, they fall short. The curriculum moves at a maddeningly slow pace. Kindergarten is the same as any standard preschool. The first half of each year repeats the last year. There is no ability to meet kids at their own level of learning- instead, everyone is herded together at the same level. There is an overemphasis on just meeting the metric or getting the right score on the standardized tests, rather than teaching the kids how to love learning. My kids are bored. But they love the over the top cupcake parties. Alas, the eduction comes first- we are sucking up the cost and moving on to private school.

Posted April 23, 2014
Prestonwood is a great school; both my kids are so happy there, and learning a ton. There is definitely an emphasis on math and reading/writing, but the music curriculum is also very good. The mix of kids is wonderful, and there is a warm, friendly atmosphere.

Posted April 02, 2014
Prestonwood is a great school..with the great teachers , staff & Principal. I love this school for they are so organized , lovely & very human for taking good care of their students. Every one is approachable and easy to deal with. Very helpul in attending the needs of student. That's why for me this school deserve a 5star!

Posted October 29, 2013
Wonderful teachers with amazing staff. This school is a gem. The principal knows every kid by name and there is a real sense of community. An overabundance of parent invovlement puts this small school over the top!

Posted October 24, 2013
Wonderful school with many educational and fun activities going on throughout the year. Our daughter went to a private pre-school before enrolling in Prestonwood Kindergarten and her comment after the first week was "this is the best school ever!" All the teachers knew her by name in a matter of days and we like the smaller school size which makes it more personal. Academically, she advanced beyond what she learned in preschool very quickly.

Prestonwood Elementary School
6525 La Cosa Drive, Dallas, TX  75248
Last modified Prestonwood Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Prestonwood Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top