Skyview Elementary School 5

Posted March 24, 2014
Skyview is a wonderful elementary school! We moved into the neighborhood in December 2012 at the beginning of what has been a great transition period with a bunch of young families moving in as older families with children no longer in the home move away. There is a child in every other house on our street! It's a great community to move into with a great school, wonderful teachers and staff and a very much dedicated PTA. There are exciting things going on at Skyview including a future learning and music garden so students can have multiple opportunities to learn about science, math, the environment and eating healthy. The PTA website is www.skyviewpta.org and I found useful (and up-to-date) information there.

Skyview Elementary School 5

Posted December 07, 2012
It's a great school with awesome teachers and staff. My kids are doing wonderfully. They are given a lot of personalized attention, and they are challenged according to their ability. As previous reviews stated, there are very few neighborhood kids that attend this school, which I think is a shame.

Posted October 26, 2009
My daughter has been going to Skyview for 2 years and she loves it. Her teacher is very involved with all the kids. She gets plenty of homework everyday and it helps her retain what she'd learned in school that day. The teachers and staff make it very easy for parents to get involved.

Posted October 09, 2008
This is my sons 5th year, last year my son was in 3rd grade & really enjoyed it. Going into third grade he was diagnosed with ADHD & he could not have had a better teacher than Ms. Tavarez. She understood him and knew just how to deal with him all while keeping the rest of the class in tact. I had some concerns with him going into 5th grade this year, but so far all is well. The teachers seem to be a little more stressed this year & I hope it does not affect their teaching. Since my last report I stated what a wonderful afterschool program this school has, well my opinion has changed. The program has changed Ms.Ware is no longer over the program. And the new program is not as organized & I think that they need to bring Ms. Ware back and soon. Miriam

Skyview Elementary School 3

Posted April 11, 2006
A great young staff that work hard to make a difference in a tough place.

Posted January 29, 2006
The school seems well organized, however not many neighbor kids go there.

Skyview Elementary School 3

Posted September 10, 2005
Very few neighborhood children attend this school. Mostly apartment children. Despite this, the teachers and principal are great and the school offers excellent opportunities for extracurricular activities.

Skyview Elementary School 2

Posted April 20, 2005
I do not understand how a child who is the first grade, that reads on a pre-k level will possibly be passed to the next grade. There are severel students that attend this school and they are not doing well, either. The reading scores are very low. I do understand that parents play a huge roll in this picture but it seems that when an instructor tries and recieves no help from the parents, they give up on trying to make sure that the child(ren) are well prepared.

Skyview Elementary School
9229 Meadowknoll Drive, Dallas, TX  75243
Last modified Skyview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Skyview Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top