Posted June 05, 2014
I cannot say enough good things about this school. My daughter just finished her first year here, and she learned so much and loved going to school. Her teacher is amazing. There is a really great atmosphere at this school. There are a lot of involved and caring parents. All the kids in her class are nice and smart and hard working. She has made so many friends. We love this school.

Posted March 25, 2013
I have put 5 children through Stults over a period of 12 years and have been through 3 different principals. I saw the school achieve the most success during the tenure of Darwin Spiller. He was about his business. I had an excellent relationship with him and knew things would be handled if I brought it to his attention. Some parents speak about diversity as a negative at Stults. It does have a high minority population but I'll be the first to address that they are the smart minority population and it's why the school tests so well and has earned exemplary status for a number of years in a row. Some of the parent reviews seem a little lacking to me, because they mention things like "fun" or "PTA" or something that is not as important as a child's testing scores or quality teachers and education. My children have earned scholarships to great colleges because their SAT scores were through the roof. That's proof of the foundation that Stults set when they were young, and proof that RISD is one of the best. I'd like to see the new principal at Stults run the school the way Mr. Spiller did, but I'm giving her a chance. Great school, great teachers...

Stults Road Elementary School 4

Posted June 12, 2012
My son just finished his Kindergarten year at Stults. I am very pleased. I loved his teacher Ms. Buckner! She was AWESOME!!! She had a great balance of discipline and love. She expected A LOT but gave just as much. There was alot of homework but well worth it in the end. The principal was great as well. Very well respected by his staff. There are some areas for improvement just like with any school. The PTA is improving. They did alot this year; from what I have been told more than the previous years. We are moving and I am trying to stay within this area so my son can attend Stults road again! Way to go Stults!

Posted June 06, 2012
I love the school. very diverse. Teachers very involved. Great principle. We are moving in the fall due to growing family but will definitely miss the school. HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE.

Posted April 28, 2010
My kids have been at this school for 5yrs. My youngest just started kinder this year. The only reason they continue to attend this school is because of location and where we live. I am looking in to moving all 3 of them. My oldest, who is in 6th this year, has had a really hard time with the students and the teacher. The teacher always seems to punish just her, and none of the other kids, even though they have done the same thing. There are not enough field trips, class functions. If they want kids to stay focused on their work, they need to make school and learning fun. PTA has done nothing at all this year. There are so many things that need to be fixed about this school. Yes they get awards and everything, but that does not make them a great school for kids.

Stults Road Elementary School 4

Posted August 27, 2009
Overall I have gotten a great vibe from the school. This is my sons first year and loves it. The only thing that I did not like was that you could only walk your kindergarten child to class the first day. I think that the first week should be an option. There are some parents that are sending there only children to school for the very first time. I think it is an easier transition for both child and parent if they had that option. Other than that the staff has been very nice and they seem to have everything together.

Posted August 26, 2009
The school is great as far as the teachers and adminstration staff. I stay in communication w/my sons teachers and they are always willing to inform me of what is going on. He is 4th grade and has been there since 2nd. As far as diversity, I mean it is Dallas, its Texas what do you expect.

Posted March 27, 2009
My daughter is a student (1st grade) & this is her 2nd year. School is great! Teachers are helpful, Office staff keeps parents informed, Principal & Asst Principal are on top of things. This school has received several awards & does deserve them. We will be moving soon (due to family growing) so this might be her last year. I'm so sad she will have to leave, but over all this is a great school!

Posted February 21, 2009
The diversity is horrible there is too much of one race and the teachers are very good and help students when ever needed but I would definetly not reccomend this school.

Posted December 13, 2007

Stults Road Elementary School
8700 Stults Road, Dallas, TX  75243
Last modified Stults Road Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Stults Road Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 13 reviews. Top