Dallas, TX
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

After reading through a few comments about Merriman Park, I wanted to respond positively. We do have a diverse population, which I am very proud of as a principal. We do offer a staff of more than one that represents our African American population. We have several male staff members, and we also have a range of age and experience to offer. I have fallen in love with this school and community, and my goal has and will continue to be to enrich the lives of my students while I have them during the day. My staff knows and supports my vision, and we are about to begin an incredible year that builds on the excellence academic performance of our students. We are not just about test scores...we are about inspiring our students to think and grow academically, socially, emotionally, and responsibly when it comes to giving back to the community. We have a great time at Merriman Park. This is truly a school blessed with parent and community support which is a huge contributor to our successes!
July 29, 2010

Posted January 21, 2013
We moved into this area of Dallas specifically to be in RISD, but still close to downtown. It was one of the best decisions we ever made. My child is in 1st grade and has had a wonderful experience. The teachers are excited and the Principal is second to none. I cannot say enough good things about this school. I can't wait for my 4 year old to start next year!

Posted May 31, 2011
We love this school. We transferred in from a different school and I could not be more happy. This school has a real sense of family that you can't help but notice as you walk the halls. There is a great deal of parental involvement which makes MPE even better. My daughter is in kindergarten and children from every grade know who she is. She has become such an exceptional young lady this past year. I am always blown away by what she tells me she learned at school that day. I really have to sum up our experience at MPE as incredible. My kids truly feel like this is their second home!!

Posted April 19, 2011
Merriman Park has been a great fit for our family! Every teacher we've had over the past 4 years have done their best to teach to each child. Laurie Taylor is the most amazing, committed, and creative Principal! She cares as much about the success of our school and childen as we do. Merriman Park Elementary is a big family!

Posted December 09, 2010
I love MPE and have for the past seven years!! GO PANTHERS!! I love all the teachers, and this is where i made all my really good friends.

Posted August 27, 2010
We moved to Dallas almost 3 years ago, and we researched all of the DFW area schools. We knew that Richardson ISD is where we wanted to be, and after touring all of the elementary school in Lake Highlands, Merriman Park was the place for us! The teachers and other staff were so welcoming and kind, and the PTA members in charge of the PeeWee Panthers (preschool) program were so helpful. After my twin girls started kindergarten there, we were convinced that we made the right choice. Not only do we know that our children will get the best education possible there, but we have made wonderful friends that feel like our own family. Thanks Merriman Park staff and families!!

Posted August 27, 2010
I currently have two children attending MPE and have nothing but the highest praise for this amazing school. Not only are my children thriving academically but almost as importantly, socially! My children have respect for others and for themselves, treat their friends with kindness, are eager to learn and love going to school. The principal is OUTSTANDING and the teaching staff is the most nurturing, caring and gifted faculty you could ask for. It's a "yes" school - if a parent or teacher has an idea to improve the learning environment for the students, the principal says YES - how can we implement it, what can we do to help! It is truly an amazing place to be and I wouldn't want my children anywhere else! We love being involved and supporting our amazing neighborhood school!

Posted August 19, 2010
Merriman Park has been a perfect fit for our family! It has been such a wonderful experience to attend our neighborhood school. I would put our principal, Laurie Taylor, up against any other...she is the best! Our teachers are fun, energetic and they stay year after year. It's been so nice to have several teachers who grew up in Lake Highlands, and even some who went to MPE themselves. The parents are dedicated to making the school successful and the community is so supportive. Come see what MPE is all about...you will love it!

Merriman Park Elementary School 3

Posted March 02, 2010
Academically, this school has done extremely well. Noone can argue that. It has quite a diverse student population with the majority being black 41%. Visit the school's website and you would NEVER think the majority of the students are black. There is, however, ONE black teacher in the entire school. This has to be resolved. I can't imagine such as disparity in majority white school. INSANE! Diversity has to be embraced there. This is what builds great teams a collection of individuals with varying experiences, backgrounds, and cultures. I am sure there are many black and hispanic well qualified teachers. I know the self-esteam of the majority student body has to be suffering.

Posted February 25, 2010

Posted November 03, 2009
The family-like atmosphere at MPE reflects the excellent communication between parents, students and faculty.

Merriman Park Elementary School
7101 Winedale Drive, Dallas, TX  75231
Last modified Merriman Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Merriman Park Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top