Posted November 14, 2014
My daughter is in her last year at this school and she hasn't liked the school since day 1. In elementary school she used to love being at school but within the first two weeks of her being at this school, she was begging me to let her do online school. First of all in girl's athletics, during the winter they took them outside to run when it was below freezing even though the district rules say that Richardson students can not be outside in weather below 32 degrees. Second of all the teachers here do not care about their students at all. My daughter has seen several teachers be verbally abusive to multiple students. The things that I listed above are only a few of the many bad things that my daughter has seen during her less than 2 years here. Even though this is considered "the best middle school in the district", think twice about enrolling your child here because there is nothing positive my daughter nor I can say about this school. Keep in mind that my daughter is a straight A student and is taking all Pre- Ap classes, so we are not trying to be mean to the school because a teacher has been mean directly to her, but to warn others of what Parkhill may have in store for them.

Posted September 10, 2014
Parkhill is an outstanding junior high! Adolescent age in general is difficult- I would not go back to being 13 for all the money in the world-- but that hardly has a thing to do with this school. Brentfield>Parkhill>Pearce is a private-school quality education for those who take advantage of it. Know your child. Junior high is brutal, clicky, and traumatic for a LOT of kids (and I would die of embarrassment if, at that age, a teacher tried to hold my hand through any of it)... high school comes and all is well again for most kids. Teachers do what they can. Coddling your pubescent child will set them up for failure. If you are concerned, meet with the teachers. Email with them. Call them. They are there to help and will gladly talk to you! You can't expect to be treated like a squeaky wheel if you aren't making a sound. (Shame on the person who referred to Sandy Hook. Get help. Don't throw that around. Seriously.)

Posted February 08, 2014
I love parkhill I just moved here from North Carolina and my parents enrolled me into parkhill. I love it! Every one here has made me feel very safe and secure. The comments below are trash and we got new and improved staff. I love parkhill. GO RAIDERS!!

Posted January 12, 2013
I agree totally with the previous post..if your child is not of a certain typical type that is average in every way, forget about sending your child here. Beyond a few,as in a couple, very great caring teachers, your atypical child will be in a "dropout factory" here. There is no support or interest by any administration here, your child is not only ostracized by other students, but admin is included in contributing to the child's depression and issues tenfold. Ironically,many of the children treated this way have IQ's far above these administrators. It is an environment like this that can be the turning point and breeding ground for catastrophic outcomes such as the one we saw at Sandy Hook.Thats right: unions make it impossible to rid the district of really bad teachers and in Parkhill's case, really bad administration.( The rave reviews of this school were written quite a long time ago)So the youth in this country continue to pay the price of BAD teachers.I hope this helps other parents(you know who you are) to make a good decision because let me tell you; Parkhill does not want your child and they make that very obvious. Send your great inventor,scientist etc..someplace else.
2 people found this helpful

Posted September 10, 2012
Transferred my child here and experienced many, many problems. The kids are horrendos bullies, and have made my kid cry! We are from Austin and he knew no one and what happened was that he was closed out from the other kids and no one even took a second to help him make friends. The other kids closed mindedness really stood out with the words and ideas they had to verbally abuse my child! The teachers are not all caring abou the children and do not describe assignments as well as they should and they do not help with problems in class. Now I have to homeschool my child because he is afraid to go to another school with other kids.
2 people found this helpful

Posted March 11, 2010
great school. transferred my kids from a high end private school. Parkhill was everybit as strong as where we came from, and in math and science. . . stronger. Excellent music program. Excellent Principal. best decision we ever made.

Posted July 17, 2008

Parkhill J High School 0

Posted January 10, 2008
i love park hill and the extracurricular r amazing i recommend this school to anyone

Parkhill J High School 4

Posted August 24, 2007
Outstanding Principal in Judy Marcum. She cares deeply for kids and it shows. Communication with parents is excellent. The community is very involved.

Posted August 23, 2007
This school is filled with teachers who show no care for the students. They do not prepare the students at all for Highschool.

Parkhill J High School
16500 Shadybank Drive, Dallas, TX  75248
Last modified Parkhill J High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Parkhill J High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top