Pegasus Charter High School

Charter | K-12 | 726 students

Living in Dallas

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $337,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $1,280.

Posted August 9, 2014

Terrible school. Some classes don't even have qualified teachers. They are also not very good at making sure seniors get into college.

Posted July 28, 2014

DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD TO THIS SCHOOL. My son attended this school for the 2013 year and it has been by far the worst school experience ever. It is by far one of the worst school that I have ever been tol. Pegasus is a very unorganized and poorly ran school. There is absolutely no structure whatsoever just ill mannered people trying to run the place. Very unprofessional and disrespectful at times. Its very disturbing when my child can't even go to a clean restroom or the very fact that he will not be given permission to go to the restroom to prove their authority. My son doesn't need to be reprimanded, that is my job...the schools job is to teach and not humiliate these kids by punishinment. If they would sit there and teach them, these kids wouldn't be acting up. Its a bad school all together and a horrible experience. I wish I had never sent my son there to begin with.

Posted May 23, 2014

I would like to inform all parents before they put there kids in this school that its not worth it. The students are in the classroom for lunch, recess, and p.e. The school also does not inform parents of what's going on until the last minute and if you have jobs you can't just take off right away. Also they don't have a graduation for kindergarten like most schools do. The lunch that they serve the kids is horrible and cheap. My son was severely sick one day and they didn't even call me to let me know, i found out when i went to pick him up at the end of the day! Please be advised this is not a school that most of you parents would want your child to be in especially first starting school.

Posted May 10, 2014

Looking at the reveiws an a parent writes her son a ted a fool and hit the walls becsuse the teacher took his phone. I know the rules sre you cn not be on your phone during school. Why is mom mad? Hwr child btoke tge rules and then becsme disruptive. I am glad the school actually enforces the rules they put in place.

Posted April 8, 2014

This school is the worst school ever to be on the map of downtown Dallas today one teacher took up my sons phone and my son punched the wall two times I want the state in on this I have my lawyer this is ridiculous

Posted March 19, 2014

Issues are not minor. When there is not education taking place, that is not a minor issue. The expansion that taken is adding k-3. Parents complain... they have the right because we are not told anything, and there is no family participation but it is not asked for. Issues are never addressed...just ignored.

Posted January 14, 2014

This School Is doing everything possible to correct any minor issues they are experiencing. Yes they are only growing pains people. Every year they are expanding Pegasus, and problems will arise. The only reason most of these parents complain so much is because this school is so small and family oriented, that any small problem seems huge and dramatic! Complain as you may most of us parents understand and see the good work being done.

Posted September 13, 2013

I feel the exact opposite about this school, Sure they may be experiencing growing pains. but the environment is exactly what some of these children need. My son Is well taken care of, communication is done through notes in his folder and phone calls. I have yet to concern myself with his well being at Pegasus. My son is recently adopted, safety, stability, and patience is what he needed. I am very involved in his life. I waited a lifetime to have him. This school may not work for you, but for me and my family, this school has given him something no other school could. Speaking for a lot of parents that I communicate with on the daily, they are happy with the school, sure Pegasus may not have a cafeteria, and the children flood the restrooms at times, but you lack to see the amazing things they offer the students. The free resources,the after school program, my son even grabs dinner all by himself before I pick him up! FOR FREE! I'm sorry your not happy with the school, please find one more to your liking, but as for us,we continue to believe we have made the right choice for our child! GOOD LUCK AND GOODBYE! I have friends on the waiting list,begging for your child's spot!

Posted September 10, 2013

My son currently attends this school he's in K...I am fighting like heck to find a better school even if I have to pay. Poor contact with parents anyone can just come in and pick up my child NO ID required. No accommodations for parents. Unorganized..3 weeks into the school year and I hate that I even choose this school for my child. I have yet to even meet the principal--and I have tried... sad...

Posted August 13, 2013

DO NOT SEND YOUR STUDENTS TO THIS RAT TRAP! I dont usually do this but people should know what is going on, honestly. Pegasus is the WORST unorganized poorly ran school ever. There is NO structure. Most of the Administration is inexperienced & confused. No one ever knows what is going on, poor communications, disrespect of teachers. It is baffling how this school has been around so long. It is horrific. The bathrooms are unsanitary, dirty, flooding with no toilet paper or paper towel. The classrooms are dirty & lack proper resources. The teachers are trying but the foundation & structure is POOR!! There is no library, gym or cafeteria. Students eat very bad lunches inside classrooms & trash is left on floor for rest of the day. Some of the employees seem to have mental issues. It is apparent that money for this is mis handled. It is frightening to think that people actually send their children to this school. BEWARE!

Posted August 7, 2013

This school is by far one of the WORST schools ever!! 2012/2013 was my kids first and LAST year!!!!You can cleary tell the money the school is given is not being used properly. The teachers and staff are very unprofessional. The kids were out of control, the ONE restroom that was shared by the K- 4th graders was horrible(very unsanitary) & the 5-7th graders restroom was always flooded...Several teachers quit during the year and all they taught (well prepared) the kids for was the end of the year test. No real "principal" no school "nurse" just alot of un-organized people trying to run the school. The teachers and staff had their "picks" of certain kids who they allowed to get away with all sorts of things. I was very unhappy with this school. My kids didnt learn anything except bad manners. This school needs to be shut down!!!

Posted May 16, 2013

Pegasus is a great school. The school hasn't always been so great, but it has been improving over the past few years. The lunch is getting better every year. The school provides the students free breakfast, lunch, snack and also free dinner. The school provide the students with a free monthly pass of DART, which helps out the students by giving them a way to get to school and to get home. The teachers and staff are great. They all treat each other and love each other as if they are family. The school has great education for the kids. They are also very caring about the students. This school focus on the children's future and college, which they pay the junior year and senior year for dull credit at El Centro College. This school is a great school for kids to attend...

Posted May 16, 2013

Pegasus has did a great improvement since I have been here for my last fours years. the lunches has not always been great at times but they have really improved with the lunches. Every school has their problems but this school has did a great turn around. the teachers are caring and they care about what you go through not only at school but at home too. this is a great school and you as a parent would love this school.....p.s. -Sam

Posted January 22, 2013

As a student here at the Pegasus school of liberal arts and sciences I have in the past year increased my grade average by 30% it is not as everyone says "horrible" we are NOT victims! My little brother has a learning difference and he has gone here for three almost four years now and the teachers and staff have made it possible for him to learn like the other students. I can't believe such foolishness and immaturity has come out of any individual by slandering a school that provides children with the opportunity to reach their potential. For many of us, this school is our home. We grow here, learn here, strive here, and most importantly belong here. This school has giving us a chance to make it in the world. We have dual credit opportunities at El Centro down the street. We get free school lunch, we are offered after school tutoring as well as Saturday tutoring. We are offered free Dart and TRE monthly passes we are given the chance to discuss our goals for college with our wonderful college counselors. Not to mention the class of 2012 was 100% college accepted. We have a marvelous fortuity here at this school and I would recommend this place to any student with a thirst to learn.

Posted August 22, 2012

DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT. The higher ups (4 individuals with no experience in education) appear to be in a state of delusion. They walk the halls and completely ignore the real issues that are ruining the education of their students. The buildings are falling apart, the teachers aren't given the basic supplies in order to prepare these kids for the real world like clean classrooms and modern textbooks They are also given state funding for a gym, library and cafeteria. However, none of the funding is used for these things. I'll let you guess where the money goes...Meanwhile they treat their faculty and staff like garbage. Part of the lesson plan calls for technology utilization, but they only have one computer lab for high school and lower school. Keep in mind that both schools are located a couple blocks from each other. I don't know how any of the seniors were accepted into college. I definitely wouldn't attribute Pegasus. I would credit their acceptance to the determination of the students despite the adversity, a few courageous teachers, and their parents. I just hope that thee poor academics don't prohibit them from doing well.

Posted August 20, 2012

As a teacher at this school I can truly say that this school is horrible. The students and teachers are victims at this school. Teachers have not even been told their salaries for the year. The lunches suck, the school has leaking ceilings, no resources for the kids.... It has to be one of the worst schools in Dallas. Like previous raters have mentioned, I too am surprised this school hasn't been shut down by TEA. I wonder how many schedule changes will take place in efforts for the school to meet AYP....

Posted August 17, 2012

I attend pegasus high school . This school is horrible . DO NOT SEND YOUR KIDS HERE. The school is very unsanitary . Their lunch is discusting. Their are some good teachers though all of the teachers tend to quit in the middle of the year The principles even quit in the middkle of the year .. I REPEAT DO NOT GO TO PEGASUS

Posted August 10, 2012

DO NOT SENT YOUR KIDS TO PEGASUS!! This is a very unorganized school, the teacher turn-over is over the top crazy! I was a former employee and i have seen the structure. I do not even know how this school is still open. Student lunches and disgusting! They are served tuna three times a week. It is very unsanitary, TEA needs to shut this school down. The administartion is ridiculous all they care about is the money. They have no discipline control! No nurse, no vice principal or discipline coordinators, no cafeteria, no gym. I feel bad for those poor kids. so BEWARE!

Posted July 18, 2012

Quick question...Has anyone ever taught here? It would be a great help to get some information...Thanks

Posted June 15, 2012

Best School my child has ever enrolled in! Staff is really accomodating and nice. Thank You

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 89% in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 87% in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 85% in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 88% in 2011.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 90% in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 82% in 2011.

53 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 81% in 2011.

53 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Science

The state average for Science was 87% in 2011.

52 students were tested at this school in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 84% in 2011.

86 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 83% in 2011.

87 students were tested at this school in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 86% in 2011.

76 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 81% in 2011.

76 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 94% in 2011.

79 students were tested at this school in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 85% in 2011.

97 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 73% in 2011.

Science

The state average for Science was 79% in 2011.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 95% in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 89% in 2011.

61 students were tested at this school in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 70% in 2011.

61 students were tested at this school in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 91% in 2011.

Math

The state average for Math was 74% in 2011.

Science

The state average for Science was 76% in 2011.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 93% in 2011.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 95% in 2013.

36 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 89% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 95% in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 98% in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 79% in 2013.

28 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 69% in 2013.

28 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 72% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 68% in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 71% in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 77% in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 75% in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 73% in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 71% in 2013.

110 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 74% in 2013.

110 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 77% in 2013.

102 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 71% in 2013.

99 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Writing

The state average for Writing was 70% in 2013.

100 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English Language Arts

The state average for English Language Arts was 84% in 2013.

94 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Math

The state average for Math was 77% in 2013.

68 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Science

The state average for Science was 75% in 2013.

93 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Social Studies

The state average for Social Studies was 63% in 2013.

93 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra I

The state average for Algebra I was 78% in 2013.

87 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Algebra II

The state average for Algebra II was 97% in 2013.

15 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Biology I

The state average for Biology I was 85% in 2013.

72 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Chemistry

The state average for Chemistry was 84% in 2013.

69 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English I Reading

The state average for English I Reading was 65% in 2013.

80 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English I Writing

The state average for English I Writing was 48% in 2013.

89 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English II Reading

The state average for English II Reading was 78% in 2013.

English II Writing

The state average for English II Writing was 52% in 2013.

English III Reading

The state average for English III Reading was 63% in 2013.

32 students were tested at this school in 2013.

English III Writing

The state average for English III Writing was 42% in 2013.

Geometry

The state average for Geometry was 86% in 2013.

67 students were tested at this school in 2013.

Physics

The state average for Physics was 81% in 2013.

U.S. History

The state average for U.S. History was 73% in 2013.

World Geography

The state average for World Geography was 75% in 2013.

77 students were tested at this school in 2013.

World History

The state average for World History was 70% in 2013.

All Students46%

Economically disadvantaged93%

All Students97%
Male94%

Source: Texas Education Agency

• In 2010-2011, this school was rated "AEA: Academically Acceptable".
  • In 2009-2010, this school was rated "AEA: Academically Acceptable".
  • In 2008-2009, this school was rated "AEA: Academically Acceptable".

American Indian/Alaska Native N/A 0%

This school District averageState average
Beginning teachers 32%N/AN/A
Source: Civil Rights Data Collection, 2011-2012

Teacher resources

Foreign languages spoken by school staff Spanish
Read more about programs at this school
Source: Provided by a school official.

Arts & music

School start time
  • 8:00am
School end time
  • 4:00pm
Before school or after school care / program onsite
  • After school
  • (214) 740-9799

Foreign languages taught

Foreign languages spoken by staff
Extra learning resources offered
  • Title I Schoolwide program (SWP)
Transportation options