Pegasus Charter High School 4

Posted October 23, 2014
Just to make a rebuttal about some false information regarding the comment from September 12, 2014 - Pegasus is run by certified individuals. All teachers are certified as required by the state. The State Board of Education lists individuals who have successfully passed all tests and requirements to teach and is viewable online. If you have concerns about an instructor, google it. Meanwhile, there are some aspects about this school that need to be brought to attention but it is not as bad at is has been put out to be. Regardless of what the public thinks, all the teachers are very much invested into their student's success. Most importantly, being able to advance to the next grade level and completion of high school. There are wonderful programs for students and extracurricular activities. Teachers work late for students when they could be spending time with their own families. Teachers and staff make arrangements for the sake of their students. Pegasus has wonderful students but there are also behavioral issues with some of those students that stem from life outside of school.

Posted September 12, 2014
The administrators are not certified. The school is extremely disorganized. My son is in second grade this year and he is behind. The curriculum isn't challenging or updated. Teacher turnover is really high. I took my soon out of the school at beginning of this year. I feel guilty for sending my child to this school. Now i have pay for a private tutor.

Pegasus Charter High School 4

Posted September 05, 2014
As a parent, this school has gone above and beyond the call of duty to help my kids. The teachers make themselves available for the students by staying multiple days a week to provide tutoring. I have been called a number of times with not only good news but also giving me the heads when something needed to be corrected. I believe I made the best decision for my kids when I choose to send them to Pegasus. The teachers and administrators truly care about my kids and for that I am grateful.
2 people found this helpful

Posted August 09, 2014
Terrible school. Some classes don't even have qualified teachers. They are also not very good at making sure seniors get into college.

Posted July 28, 2014
DO NOT SEND YOUR CHILD TO THIS SCHOOL. My son attended this school for the 2013 year and it has been by far the worst school experience ever. It is by far one of the worst school that I have ever been tol. Pegasus is a very unorganized and poorly ran school. There is absolutely no structure whatsoever just ill mannered people trying to run the place. Very unprofessional and disrespectful at times. Its very disturbing when my child can't even go to a clean restroom or the very fact that he will not be given permission to go to the restroom to prove their authority. My son doesn't need to be reprimanded, that is my job...the schools job is to teach and not humiliate these kids by punishinment. If they would sit there and teach them, these kids wouldn't be acting up. Its a bad school all together and a horrible experience. I wish I had never sent my son there to begin with.

Posted May 23, 2014
I would like to inform all parents before they put there kids in this school that its not worth it. The students are in the classroom for lunch, recess, and p.e. The school also does not inform parents of what's going on until the last minute and if you have jobs you can't just take off right away. Also they don't have a graduation for kindergarten like most schools do. The lunch that they serve the kids is horrible and cheap. My son was severely sick one day and they didn't even call me to let me know, i found out when i went to pick him up at the end of the day! Please be advised this is not a school that most of you parents would want your child to be in especially first starting school.

Pegasus Charter High School 3

Posted May 10, 2014
Looking at the reveiws an a parent writes her son a ted a fool and hit the walls becsuse the teacher took his phone. I know the rules sre you cn not be on your phone during school. Why is mom mad? Hwr child btoke tge rules and then becsme disruptive. I am glad the school actually enforces the rules they put in place.

Posted April 08, 2014
This school is the worst school ever to be on the map of downtown Dallas today one teacher took up my sons phone and my son punched the wall two times I want the state in on this I have my lawyer this is ridiculous

Posted March 19, 2014
Issues are not minor. When there is not education taking place, that is not a minor issue. The expansion that taken is adding k-3. Parents complain... they have the right because we are not told anything, and there is no family participation but it is not asked for. Issues are never addressed...just ignored.

Pegasus Charter High School 5

Posted January 14, 2014
This School Is doing everything possible to correct any minor issues they are experiencing. Yes they are only growing pains people. Every year they are expanding Pegasus, and problems will arise. The only reason most of these parents complain so much is because this school is so small and family oriented, that any small problem seems huge and dramatic! Complain as you may most of us parents understand and see the good work being done.

Pegasus Charter High School
601 North Akard Street, Dallas, TX  75201
Last modified Pegasus Charter High School is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pegasus Charter High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 48 reviews. Top