Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (2 responses)

Pegasus Charter High School 2

Posted March 17, 2016
Personnel issues are constant problem. The person over special education resigned in the middle of year and half of his staff resigned with him to protest the lack of support the special education program received from the academic dean. The still haven’t hired any teaches to help the students in my classroom with disables. When I ask about when this will happen, I am told: “We are reviewing applications”. The first academic dean resigned a week before school started. One the teachers was fired for dragging a student across the floor and we were told to keep quiet about the situation. They routinely adjust time card of hourly staff so they don’t overtime. The so called IQ trips the students take are not aligned with the TEKS and are a waste of time. The current academic dean tries to get teachers to change her child’s grades for worked he has hasn’t done. The assistant superintendent’s niece is the operations director and hasn't taught public school. She is overseas and still collects a paycheck. The worst part is the lack of materials. Some of the books we teach from are old. This is particularly true for math since the TEKS recently changed. I asked about more materials for my classroom and I was taken to a storage room with materials that were outdated. I mean the materials that I was shown were used when I was in school and I graduated from high school almost 20 years ago! They fired the campus coordinator at the upper school for so called "budget issues" when she stood up to administration. The upper school is ran about a person who lacks any leadership skills and ability to work with parents and students. The teachers are overworked. Our payroll checks are never right. The highlight of my day is working with kids. THE PLACE IS A DUMP! The also monitored review websites like this one and threaten sue if the company doesn’t take the reviews down no matter how true they are.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted March 11, 2016
I cannot stress enough how upsetting it is to see reviews from under qualified individuals with obvious issues....including folks that claim to be teachers but cannot spell. This is why they do not stay, The turn around maybe high but perhaps it is because this ever evolving school has no need for dramatic underachieving nay Sayers... My child has been supported on a level that no other school in this city has supported him, they treat him like family. He may have minor setbacks learning but with the constant support from teachers, tutors, administrators, the friendly high five and hugs that even the front office staff and food department gives him, I am more than grateful for the chance to have the Pegasus community help me raise my child. As part of the large Hispanic population I appreciate the after school care, because I work late, I appreciate the free meals to hold him off till I get home, I appreciate the field trips, and the transportation and extra tutoring. It is almost impossible to fail with as much as this school offers its children.. If it's not your cup of tea, ok.... But keep it to yourself, some of us would stand tall and proud to defend our little school! Who's with me!

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted March 11, 2016
This school affords many opportunities for the students....they have many opportunities to excel if they take the opportunity.

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted July 21, 2015
Bad facilities and no cafeteria. The students eat breakfast sitting down in the track area. Also the food is nasty only frozen food nothing good. No ESL support at all and the Special Education program don't help the students in the correct way. Bad education and violent students. Is the worst school that a father can enroll a son or siblings.

Pegasus Charter High School 5

Posted December 18, 2014
In response to some of what is written, Pegasus has one of the strongest records of any charter school in Dallas. The school is, and has been, an integral part of many families' lives in Dallas for over 15 years. To name a few things, the school removes barriers so that students can focus on learning in ways that I've seen nowhere else. Things such as free breakfasts, free lunches/dinners/snacks, free bus passes, before and after care, tutoring, and regular educational outings that crisscross the Metroplex--this is rare to say the least. Regarding college, I have witnessed more than 1 staff member (on more than one occasion) 'hold students hands' to motivate, enroll, and encourage all of its seniors to attend and finish college, many of whom are 1st generation American/1st generation college students. In my opinion, Pegasus is beautifully carved into the fabric of downtown Dallas and is an anchored choice for many, especially parents who work downtown. Moreover, Pegasus has given many teachers their 1st teaching/learning opportunity, and continues to give back to the community in calculable and incalculable ways. It should never be disparaged for its efforts--but celebrated.

Pegasus Charter High School 5

Posted December 12, 2014
I have taught at Pegasus for 3 years now. I cannot imagine working at any other school in the greater DFW metroplex area. I have been humbled, honored, and privileged to work with the students here. My students have been bright, capable, and sensitive learners. Facilitating their learning experiences has reshaped my view of education. I have always felt supported and encouraged by the administration. Further, I have received more opportunity for quality professional development and education at this school than at all of my other employers combined. This school cares deeply about its students and its staff. Pegasus is a small school in a big city with an even bigger heart. I hope I am always a part of what Pegasus is doing to impact the Dallas community.

Pegasus Charter High School 4

Posted October 23, 2014
Just to make a rebuttal about some false information regarding the comment from September 12, 2014 - Pegasus is run by certified individuals. All teachers are certified as required by the state. The State Board of Education lists individuals who have successfully passed all tests and requirements to teach and is viewable online. If you have concerns about an instructor, google it. Meanwhile, there are some aspects about this school that need to be brought to attention but it is not as bad at is has been put out to be. Regardless of what the public thinks, all the teachers are very much invested into their student's success. Most importantly, being able to advance to the next grade level and completion of high school. There are wonderful programs for students and extracurricular activities. Teachers work late for students when they could be spending time with their own families. Teachers and staff make arrangements for the sake of their students. Pegasus has wonderful students but there are also behavioral issues with some of those students that stem from life outside of school.

Pegasus Charter High School 1

Posted September 12, 2014
The administrators are not certified. The school is extremely disorganized. My son is in second grade this year and he is behind. The curriculum isn't challenging or updated. Teacher turnover is really high. I took my soon out of the school at beginning of this year. I feel guilty for sending my child to this school. Now i have pay for a private tutor.

Pegasus Charter High School 4

Posted September 05, 2014
As a parent, this school has gone above and beyond the call of duty to help my kids. The teachers make themselves available for the students by staying multiple days a week to provide tutoring. I have been called a number of times with not only good news but also giving me the heads when something needed to be corrected. I believe I made the best decision for my kids when I choose to send them to Pegasus. The teachers and administrators truly care about my kids and for that I am grateful.

Pegasus Charter High School 1

Posted August 09, 2014
Terrible school. Some classes don't even have qualified teachers. They are also not very good at making sure seniors get into college.

601 North Akard Street, Dallas, TX  75201
Last modified Pegasus Charter High School is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.