Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Pegasus Charter High School 1

Posted July 24, 2016
I visited this site prior to enrolling my child in this school. I should have taken some reviewers comments seriously. I noticed a few of reviews that I read earlier this year have been removed (all of them negative) and only positive reviews have been written since. This is suspect. My son was in the first grade last year and did not learn a lot. I fear he will not be ready for second grade. The teachers don't seem to be supported well. The person running each campus (a campus facilitator) doesn't have an educational background and it shows. The academic director is terrible. I tried to explain my concerns about my son's education and she did not listen. I think the people that run this school ask people to post positive reviews about them and then have great schools remove the negative reviews. SHAME!

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted June 01, 2016
The high school science teacher has made a big difference in my child's life. I have seen changes in the conversations we have all the way to the how hard he works on his assignments. I owe this teacher a debt of graditude. Thank you for all you do help mold my son in to a fine young man he is becoming.

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted June 01, 2016
The teachers are willing go the extra mile to help the kids. All the kids have to do is put forth the effort to learn the material. With afterschool tutoring, along with a sprinkling of Saturday tutoring sessions the kids can get as much as they need to be successful. I believe with all my heart that Pegasus has a good group of professional educators that have a heart for kids and a love of teaching. What more could you ask for?

Pegasus Charter High School 4

Posted June 01, 2016
The staff and teachers are always responsive to my inquires and needs. I have yet to come across anyone that I can't work with.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted March 11, 2016
I cannot stress enough how upsetting it is to see reviews from under qualified individuals with obvious issues....including folks that claim to be teachers but cannot spell. This is why they do not stay, The turn around maybe high but perhaps it is because this ever evolving school has no need for dramatic underachieving nay Sayers... My child has been supported on a level that no other school in this city has supported him, they treat him like family. He may have minor setbacks learning but with the constant support from teachers, tutors, administrators, the friendly high five and hugs that even the front office staff and food department gives him, I am more than grateful for the chance to have the Pegasus community help me raise my child. As part of the large Hispanic population I appreciate the after school care, because I work late, I appreciate the free meals to hold him off till I get home, I appreciate the field trips, and the transportation and extra tutoring. It is almost impossible to fail with as much as this school offers its children.. If it's not your cup of tea, ok.... But keep it to yourself, some of us would stand tall and proud to defend our little school! Who's with me!

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted March 11, 2016
This school affords many opportunities for the students....they have many opportunities to excel if they take the opportunity.

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted July 21, 2015
Bad facilities and no cafeteria. The students eat breakfast sitting down in the track area. Also the food is nasty only frozen food nothing good. No ESL support at all and the Special Education program don't help the students in the correct way. Bad education and violent students. Is the worst school that a father can enroll a son or siblings.

Pegasus Charter High School 5

Posted December 18, 2014
In response to some of what is written, Pegasus has one of the strongest records of any charter school in Dallas. The school is, and has been, an integral part of many families' lives in Dallas for over 15 years. To name a few things, the school removes barriers so that students can focus on learning in ways that I've seen nowhere else. Things such as free breakfasts, free lunches/dinners/snacks, free bus passes, before and after care, tutoring, and regular educational outings that crisscross the Metroplex--this is rare to say the least. Regarding college, I have witnessed more than 1 staff member (on more than one occasion) 'hold students hands' to motivate, enroll, and encourage all of its seniors to attend and finish college, many of whom are 1st generation American/1st generation college students. In my opinion, Pegasus is beautifully carved into the fabric of downtown Dallas and is an anchored choice for many, especially parents who work downtown. Moreover, Pegasus has given many teachers their 1st teaching/learning opportunity, and continues to give back to the community in calculable and incalculable ways. It should never be disparaged for its efforts--but celebrated.

Pegasus Charter High School 5

Posted December 12, 2014
I have taught at Pegasus for 3 years now. I cannot imagine working at any other school in the greater DFW metroplex area. I have been humbled, honored, and privileged to work with the students here. My students have been bright, capable, and sensitive learners. Facilitating their learning experiences has reshaped my view of education. I have always felt supported and encouraged by the administration. Further, I have received more opportunity for quality professional development and education at this school than at all of my other employers combined. This school cares deeply about its students and its staff. Pegasus is a small school in a big city with an even bigger heart. I hope I am always a part of what Pegasus is doing to impact the Dallas community.

Pegasus Charter High School 4

Posted October 23, 2014
Just to make a rebuttal about some false information regarding the comment from September 12, 2014 - Pegasus is run by certified individuals. All teachers are certified as required by the state. The State Board of Education lists individuals who have successfully passed all tests and requirements to teach and is viewable online. If you have concerns about an instructor, google it. Meanwhile, there are some aspects about this school that need to be brought to attention but it is not as bad at is has been put out to be. Regardless of what the public thinks, all the teachers are very much invested into their student's success. Most importantly, being able to advance to the next grade level and completion of high school. There are wonderful programs for students and extracurricular activities. Teachers work late for students when they could be spending time with their own families. Teachers and staff make arrangements for the sake of their students. Pegasus has wonderful students but there are also behavioral issues with some of those students that stem from life outside of school.

601 North Akard Street, Dallas, TX  75201
Last modified Pegasus Charter High School is a Charter school that serves grades K-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.