Dallas, TX

Posted May 19, 2015
This is our 4th yr in St Rita. My kids have not experienced bullying or violence so far. I would give 5 stars to their academic performance given the curriculum they have to follow which is pretty much basic. There is, however, an enrichment program for the very bright students but it's not much to count on either. If your child is highly intelligent and needs more challenge. This is probably not a good fit school for him/her. Also 5 stars to the teachers and staff. The teachers do the best they can. It's hard to balance a classroom full of both slow learners and fast learners. There are complaints about the principal but i say, you have to be tough, stand-on-your-ground attitude to deal with whiny parents. Speaking of parents, there are cliques! I don't see racial discrimination. You do get noticed when you wear nice clothes, handbags, etc.... BTW, there is great communication between Teachers and Parents .

Posted April 20, 2015
I have had two kids go through St Rita. I felt the school did a great job preparing my kids for high school and beyond. Most importantly St Rita gave my kids a strong foundation in faith, spirit and community service. Many of the teachers who taught my kids are stil there as well as the principal. I couldn't have asked for a better school.
3 people found this helpful

Posted April 20, 2015
I am a proud alumna of St. Rita and spent some of the best 9 years of my life there. The teachers were dedicated to not only my education but also my personal growth. They still remember my name when I see them at church and I am a college student now. I felt more prepared in high school than other students from nearby schools felt. Besides the education, I can honestly say I met my best friends at St. Rita. This school develops a student's leadership , education and Catholic principles. Go Spartans!

Posted April 20, 2015
I went to St. Rita from kindergarten to 8th grade and I wouldn't change it for the world. After going from St. Rita to Ursuline, I felt extremely prepared for high school classes, even more than my classmates who had come from different Catholic schools in the area. The community at Saint Rita is very open and the faculty and staff really care about the overall growth of each student. I came out of Saint Rita with very strong faith and great friends who I stayed close with throughout all of high school and still are best friends with in college. The teachers I encountered were extremely helpful and truly cared about their students' success. They were willing to come in early and stay late to make sure that all of their students got the help they needed, and many of the teachers I had are still there today. Saint Rita is one of the best schools in the area and will really help prepare your kids for the next steps of their lives.

Posted April 20, 2015
I am an alumni at SRS. Going into high school, I was very much academically prepared. SRS students scored the highest out of any school on the Grammar Mastery test given at private schools such as Ursuline Academy. Socially, SRS was a great environment. Unlike many other schools, I did not experience bullying, cliques, or much drama in middle school. It was a real safe-haven for me as a student to learn and grow in my faith. SRS's theology program was open and empowering. It allows students to explore their own faith identity. I wouldn't change my Rita experience for anything. As an adult, I keep in contact with MANY of my friends in my graduating class. Rita Forever!

Posted March 05, 2015
I can't believe the negative reviews posted. You have to feel that some people complain to complain. No matter what school some people went to they would complain. Is getting on the internet the way to solve it? No! St. Rita is a great school. The admin and teachers do a wonderful job. We have been very pleased with the education that all of our children have gotten from attending St. Rita. And, we would highly recommend it to our friends. For those who want to post negative reviews, there are other schools out there for you. Maybe you should apply.
3 people found this helpful

Posted March 05, 2015
I totally agree with the last post. Huge thumbs up to the admin and teachers at St. Rita. It says a lot that all the previous APs at the school are now the head of other schools in the diocese. St Rita is another great school in the Catholic Diocese of Dallas.
4 people found this helpful

Posted March 04, 2015
Our family has truly enjoyed our experience at St. Rita. We are new to the school but have been welcomed by all the families and the staff. We love both of the teachers we have. We are particularly fond of the administration. They both seem so nice and friendly. Our family is so happy to have found St. Rita and to now be part of such a great community.
4 people found this helpful

St Rita School 4

Posted February 09, 2015
I was shocked to see the negative reviews of the school. I'm an alum as well with very fond memories of my 9 years at St Rita, and we just transferred in for the 2014-2015 school year. I think your experience here will be largely based on the makeup of the class. I have found the parents very welcoming and not at all cliquish, at least in our grade. My husband doesn't find the administration overly friendly and there are a lot of rules, but so far nothing that would make us question our decision. My daughter has had a more difficult time making friends than we anticipated as she is very outgoing normally, but we attribute that to the age and adjustment to a new environment. I will say this school seems more focused on academics than the development of the whole child, and that is an area where I think they could make improvement. Overall, we've gotten our monies worth, made some new friends and will be back next year.
2 people found this helpful

Posted December 05, 2014
I attended St. Rita from K-8th Grade and had a great experience. I made friends that I still have today, and St. Rita set the foundation for my future education. I really enjoyed the staff, many of which are still at the school today, and I had great teachers with whom I still keep in touch. The alumni functions have been great to catch up with old friends and former teachers. I would highly recommend any student attend St. Rita if they want a great Catholic education and positive experience.
2 people found this helpful