K-8|Private

Bad
Good

St. Rita offers a wonderful Catholic education with great staff and teachers! They go above and beyond to be helpful and welcoming. An awesome community we love being a part of and my children look forward to school!

Interesting how there was a flurry of responses to the negative reviews posted all on one day (april 15, 2015) to counter the thumbs down or unflattering mentions. I've been at the school for more than 15 years straight, both girls and boy children. We've experienced our share of bad teachers, great teachers, bullying, snippiness, class acts, bad bad experiences and decent people. Nothing new in a school and typical of many schools, I suppose. The thing that strikes me more now than ever is how many skills taught have not changed over the years (good and bad), cliques are even worse with the younger classes, and the administration is trying to keep up with the changing mores with not much success. Families coming in are less "catholic", so expectations there are less, but needs are greater for after school care, high achievers and holding parents' hands. If this review doesn't make sense, let me put it this way. After all these years, I'm ready to move my kids to St. Monica or at least home-school them if I can't get them in to St. Monica. I don't see much to promote this school anymore. Teachers promote and give perks (leadership posts) to their fave kids and families. Everyone else is left to fend for themselves. Sorry, can't make the 8k tuition seem relevant for that kind of return.

This is our 4th yr in St Rita. My kids have not experienced bullying or violence so far. I would give 5 stars to their academic performance given the curriculum they have to follow which is pretty much basic. There is, however, an enrichment program for the very bright students but it's not much to count on either. If your child is highly intelligent and needs more challenge. This is probably not a good fit school for him/her. Also 5 stars to the teachers and staff. The teachers do the best they can. It's hard to balance a classroom full of both slow learners and fast learners. There are complaints about the principal but i say, you have to be tough, stand-on-your-ground attitude to deal with whiny parents. Speaking of parents, there are cliques! I don't see racial discrimination. You do get noticed when you wear nice clothes, handbags, etc.... BTW, there is great communication between Teachers and Parents .

I have had two kids go through St Rita. I felt the school did a great job preparing my kids for high school and beyond. Most importantly St Rita gave my kids a strong foundation in faith, spirit and community service. Many of the teachers who taught my kids are stil there as well as the principal. I couldn't have asked for a better school.

I am a proud alumna of St. Rita and spent some of the best 9 years of my life there. The teachers were dedicated to not only my education but also my personal growth. They still remember my name when I see them at church and I am a college student now. I felt more prepared in high school than other students from nearby schools felt. Besides the education, I can honestly say I met my best friends at St. Rita. This school develops a student's leadership , education and Catholic principles. Go Spartans!

I went to St. Rita from kindergarten to 8th grade and I wouldn't change it for the world. After going from St. Rita to Ursuline, I felt extremely prepared for high school classes, even more than my classmates who had come from different Catholic schools in the area. The community at Saint Rita is very open and the faculty and staff really care about the overall growth of each student. I came out of Saint Rita with very strong faith and great friends who I stayed close with throughout all of high school and still are best friends with in college. The teachers I encountered were extremely helpful and truly cared about their students' success. They were willing to come in early and stay late to make sure that all of their students got the help they needed, and many of the teachers I had are still there today. Saint Rita is one of the best schools in the area and will really help prepare your kids for the next steps of their lives.

I am an alumni at SRS. Going into high school, I was very much academically prepared. SRS students scored the highest out of any school on the Grammar Mastery test given at private schools such as Ursuline Academy. Socially, SRS was a great environment. Unlike many other schools, I did not experience bullying, cliques, or much drama in middle school. It was a real safe-haven for me as a student to learn and grow in my faith. SRS's theology program was open and empowering. It allows students to explore their own faith identity. I wouldn't change my Rita experience for anything. As an adult, I keep in contact with MANY of my friends in my graduating class. Rita Forever!

I can't believe the negative reviews posted. You have to feel that some people complain to complain. No matter what school some people went to they would complain. Is getting on the internet the way to solve it? No! St. Rita is a great school. The admin and teachers do a wonderful job. We have been very pleased with the education that all of our children have gotten from attending St. Rita. And, we would highly recommend it to our friends. For those who want to post negative reviews, there are other schools out there for you. Maybe you should apply.

I totally agree with the last post. Huge thumbs up to the admin and teachers at St. Rita. It says a lot that all the previous APs at the school are now the head of other schools in the diocese. St Rita is another great school in the Catholic Diocese of Dallas.

Our family has truly enjoyed our experience at St. Rita. We are new to the school but have been welcomed by all the families and the staff. We love both of the teachers we have. We are particularly fond of the administration. They both seem so nice and friendly. Our family is so happy to have found St. Rita and to now be part of such a great community.

Last modified St Rita School is a Private school that serves grades K-8