Dallas, TX

Posted March 05, 2015
I can't believe the negative reviews posted. You have to feel that some people complain to complain. No matter what school some people went to they would complain. Is getting on the internet the way to solve it? No! St. Rita is a great school. The admin and teachers do a wonderful job. We have been very pleased with the education that all of our children have gotten from attending St. Rita. And, we would highly recommend it to our friends. For those who want to post negative reviews, there are other schools out there for you. Maybe you should apply.

Posted March 05, 2015
I totally agree with the last post. Huge thumbs up to the admin and teachers at St. Rita. It says a lot that all the previous APs at the school are now the head of other schools in the diocese. St Rita is another great school in the Catholic Diocese of Dallas.

Posted March 04, 2015
Our family has truly enjoyed our experience at St. Rita. We are new to the school but have been welcomed by all the families and the staff. We love both of the teachers we have. We are particularly fond of the administration. They both seem so nice and friendly. Our family is so happy to have found St. Rita and to now be part of such a great community.

St Rita School 4

Posted February 09, 2015
I was shocked to see the negative reviews of the school. I'm an alum as well with very fond memories of my 9 years at St Rita, and we just transferred in for the 2014-2015 school year. I think your experience here will be largely based on the makeup of the class. I have found the parents very welcoming and not at all cliquish, at least in our grade. My husband doesn't find the administration overly friendly and there are a lot of rules, but so far nothing that would make us question our decision. My daughter has had a more difficult time making friends than we anticipated as she is very outgoing normally, but we attribute that to the age and adjustment to a new environment. I will say this school seems more focused on academics than the development of the whole child, and that is an area where I think they could make improvement. Overall, we've gotten our monies worth, made some new friends and will be back next year.

Posted December 05, 2014
I attended St. Rita from K-8th Grade and had a great experience. I made friends that I still have today, and St. Rita set the foundation for my future education. I really enjoyed the staff, many of which are still at the school today, and I had great teachers with whom I still keep in touch. The alumni functions have been great to catch up with old friends and former teachers. I would highly recommend any student attend St. Rita if they want a great Catholic education and positive experience.

St Rita School 3

Posted October 21, 2014
They are a great school for sweeping things under the rug. I agree with teaching kids like mindless robots as mentioned below. There is one teacher that has no business being there. This teacher holds a whole different standard. If a child forgets something there is grade reduction, but if the teacher forget to send out important "HOMEWORK" it's ok and the child still suffers on trying to catch up making up the time the teacher slacked off on. The violence here is unexceptable. However the school does nothing to help it being prevented. My child has physically attacked three times this year. To pep your kid for this school I recommend the following. 1. Spoil them rotten so they get bossy 2. Don't teach them morals 3. Don't teach them to keep their hands to themselves Then they should do very well here.

St Rita School 1

Posted October 20, 2014
If you want your child to work out of work books all day long. Have your child taught to and disciplined like they are a mindless robots. Have class room sizes greater then 25 students. Oh and when you have problems with the teacher and you confront the school leadership about it and are treated like a moron then SEND YOUR KIDS HERE..... My kids went here for 3 years which was 2 to many. I would rank this school 1 grade better then DISD and that's pushing it. There are so many better private schools in Dallas then this one.
2 people found this helpful

St Rita School 3

Posted October 05, 2014
I am an alumnus of St. Rita and was so excited to enroll my child at St. Rita, hoping she would have a good experience. The problem is that the parents, especially the Moms are not very welcoming to new parents at all, and so, it is difficult, like one person wrote, to connect, when it is so clicky! Getting invited to playdates is non-existent--I feel like I am back in grade school. Very clique-ish. Sad really.....

St Rita School 1

Posted September 07, 2014
The school is absolutely going downhill. The administrator is horrible and has a blind eye to everything that happens at this school. The principal should have retired years ago and the other administration is no better. The bullying at this school is horrible but nothing is done about it. The school is snotty and the parents and school are only worried about their social status. The focus is definitely not education. The best thing I ever did for my child was changing schools to a true Catholic school. I would not recommend this school to anyone. It's a waste of money.

St Rita School 2

Posted January 05, 2014
School is going downhill fast. They are woefully behind in technology even though they are just getting laptops now. Some of the teachers are in a dull routine, and the administration has decreased its expectations, and the rigor just isn't there anymore. Too much bowing to parent complaints. The community needs to do a lot better in making others feel included. They claim to try, then wind up ostracizing based on income anyway. If you don't live nearby, you aren't included.

St Rita School