K-8|Private

Bad
Good

I have had children in this school for 20 years. Five have graduated from Bishop Lynch and are currently in college or graduated from college. I still have one child in middle school. The school did a great job preparing my students for Bishop Lynch High School. They work well with all levels of children. They have many extra-curricular programs that challenge your child. They also have extra help for the student that needs a little more instruction. The teachers tutor after school and there is a learning specialist on campus that the students go to during the day. They really care about your child. The faith formation is fantastic. Your child will really learn what it means to live their Catholic faith!

As others have said, this USED to be a good school. About 10 years ago, the top students at Bishop Lynch were all from St. Pius X, but now all the SPX kids have to go to summer school just to get into BL. If you send your kids here, they'll spend more time in PE than in math class. Thankfully, they've replaced the principal, for next school year, but there's no telling whether or not he will fix anything. It's true that this place is full of the politics of wealth, whiteness, and legacy. But that's the case at nearly every private school, so I won't act like it's any worse here.

SPX is a hidden treasure waiting for you to discover us. I attended St Pius School as a child and decided it was the best choice for my own children. SPX is a diverse community that strives to meet the needs of all who meet the acceptance requirements. The courses are academically challenging. The teachers are dedicated and truly care for each child.

We transferred to SPX 3 years ago and it was the best decision we ever made for our children and our family. The environment is very loving, the staff truly cares about my children, and the parish involvement in the school is extremely positive. Staff from the surrounding schools send their kids to SPX as well, which says a lot, and most of the staff have had children who went through or are currently enrolled here. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!

I currently have 2 children at the school one in junior high and one in the elementary. Both our children are continuously challenged in their academics and believe it or not in their sports. The teaching staff is available for after school tutoring(at no cost) , they volunteer to help the kids with extracurricular activities and always are helpful. We appreciate the principal for all the hard work as we see her first thing in the morning during drop off and after school. I highly recommend this school to parents willing to allow their children to work hard.

I Was a student here and it was awesome. I was here from 4th to 5th and it was ok for me

I was very happy in the beginning as the kindergarten teachers are truly amazing but besides that I am not at all impressed with the staff or the principal. The food is expensive and poorly prepared. The teachers seem insensitive and indifferent to the needs of their students and parents as well. They do not welcome parental input, especially if they are at fault. They act like little disciplinarian robots. They continue to hire younger teachers that look like kids themselves that do not seem prepared at all. The principal is never on the parents side. The school priorities seem to be money and strict discipline but they do not seem to care about a child's well being, like their self esteem, at all. The teacher's children receive preferential treatment even if they do not deserve it. I do not recommend this school and will be looking for another one for the next school year.

I have 3 children attending St. Pius X and am very happy with the school. The academics are at a much higher standard than what my kids experienced in the public school system. There are plenty of extra-curricular activities available for the kids, but the majority of those start for grade 5 and up. Parent involvement is strongly encouraged and I noticed that it helps. The other students there are very courteous to when I'm on campus..."yes sir', "hello mr. xyx", etc. This is the first year that my kids are attending the school and I feel I've made the right decision to enroll them at SPX. It is a very good return on my investment.

This school used to be great. The teachers are wonderful but because of lack of leadership they are not happy. The leadership for this school needs to be changed. Current leader is a bully, isn't consistent in punishment, and generally doesn't care about the children especially the older ones. She puts on a good act but once she has her hooks in you see the real deal.

This school unfortunately has gone downhill. What used to be a school with high academic standards has become a school with teachers that will just pass kids through so they will not be harassed by the principal. her interest is just to fill a school and not to challenge the students. IT USED TO BE a good school. The teacher morale is at a all time low and discipline has become virtually non existent for the principal's picks. When checking out their promotional material and doing some basic research it is clear that the information is either exaggerated or downright false.

Last modified St Pius X Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades K-8