Posted February 28, 2014
SPX is a hidden treasure waiting for you to discover us. I attended St Pius School as a child and decided it was the best choice for my own children. SPX is a diverse community that strives to meet the needs of all who meet the acceptance requirements. The courses are academically challenging. The teachers are dedicated and truly care for each child.

Posted February 28, 2014
We transferred to SPX 3 years ago and it was the best decision we ever made for our children and our family. The environment is very loving, the staff truly cares about my children, and the parish involvement in the school is extremely positive. Staff from the surrounding schools send their kids to SPX as well, which says a lot, and most of the staff have had children who went through or are currently enrolled here. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!

Posted February 01, 2014
I currently have 2 children at the school one in junior high and one in the elementary. Both our children are continuously challenged in their academics and believe it or not in their sports. The teaching staff is available for after school tutoring(at no cost) , they volunteer to help the kids with extracurricular activities and always are helpful. We appreciate the principal for all the hard work as we see her first thing in the morning during drop off and after school. I highly recommend this school to parents willing to allow their children to work hard.

Posted September 19, 2013
I Was a student here and it was awesome. I was here from 4th to 5th and it was ok for me

St Pius X Catholic School 2

Posted September 17, 2013
I was very happy in the beginning as the kindergarten teachers are truly amazing but besides that I am not at all impressed with the staff or the principal. The food is expensive and poorly prepared. The teachers seem insensitive and indifferent to the needs of their students and parents as well. They do not welcome parental input, especially if they are at fault. They act like little disciplinarian robots. They continue to hire younger teachers that look like kids themselves that do not seem prepared at all. The principal is never on the parents side. The school priorities seem to be money and strict discipline but they do not seem to care about a child's well being, like their self esteem, at all. The teacher's children receive preferential treatment even if they do not deserve it. I do not recommend this school and will be looking for another one for the next school year.

Posted May 17, 2013
I have 3 children attending St. Pius X and am very happy with the school. The academics are at a much higher standard than what my kids experienced in the public school system. There are plenty of extra-curricular activities available for the kids, but the majority of those start for grade 5 and up. Parent involvement is strongly encouraged and I noticed that it helps. The other students there are very courteous to when I'm on campus..."yes sir', "hello mr. xyx", etc. This is the first year that my kids are attending the school and I feel I've made the right decision to enroll them at SPX. It is a very good return on my investment.

St Pius X Catholic School 2

Posted May 03, 2013
This school used to be great. The teachers are wonderful but because of lack of leadership they are not happy. The leadership for this school needs to be changed. Current leader is a bully, isn't consistent in punishment, and generally doesn't care about the children especially the older ones. She puts on a good act but once she has her hooks in you see the real deal.

St Pius X Catholic School 1

Posted May 02, 2013
This school unfortunately has gone downhill. What used to be a school with high academic standards has become a school with teachers that will just pass kids through so they will not be harassed by the principal. her interest is just to fill a school and not to challenge the students. IT USED TO BE a good school. The teacher morale is at a all time low and discipline has become virtually non existent for the principal's picks. When checking out their promotional material and doing some basic research it is clear that the information is either exaggerated or downright false.

Posted November 19, 2012
I went to SPX as a child in the '80s and it really prepared me well with challenging academics. I decided to send my kids in hopes that they too can get both a good academic and Christian education/training. With a change in administration and no more nuns teaching at the school, I didn't know what to expect. So far, I've been satisfied. Parent involvement is very important at this school, so it seems to be a family commitment. It seems all the children who attend the school come from good families whose parents are willing to make a sacrifice for the benefit of their children and families. That really adds to the learning environment.

Posted October 25, 2011
Amazing school with a great history. Challenging faith based curriculum, dedicated teachers, excellent facilities. I can't say enough about this place. Generations of families have gone and are continuing to go to St. Pius X.

St Pius X Catholic School
3030 Gus Thomasson Road, Dallas, TX  75228
Last modified St Pius X Catholic School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
St Pius X Catholic School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 44 reviews. Top