St. Pius X Catholic School

Private | K-8

Living in Dallas

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $96,800. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $700.

Sweep tile

Posted February 28, 2014

SPX is a hidden treasure waiting for you to discover us. I attended St Pius School as a child and decided it was the best choice for my own children. SPX is a diverse community that strives to meet the needs of all who meet the acceptance requirements. The courses are academically challenging. The teachers are dedicated and truly care for each child.

Posted February 28, 2014

We transferred to SPX 3 years ago and it was the best decision we ever made for our children and our family. The environment is very loving, the staff truly cares about my children, and the parish involvement in the school is extremely positive. Staff from the surrounding schools send their kids to SPX as well, which says a lot, and most of the staff have had children who went through or are currently enrolled here. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!

Posted February 1, 2014

I currently have 2 children at the school one in junior high and one in the elementary. Both our children are continuously challenged in their academics and believe it or not in their sports. The teaching staff is available for after school tutoring(at no cost) , they volunteer to help the kids with extracurricular activities and always are helpful. We appreciate the principal for all the hard work as we see her first thing in the morning during drop off and after school. I highly recommend this school to parents willing to allow their children to work hard.

Posted September 19, 2013

I Was a student here and it was awesome. I was here from 4th to 5th and it was ok for me

Posted September 17, 2013

I was very happy in the beginning as the kindergarten teachers are truly amazing but besides that I am not at all impressed with the staff or the principal. The food is expensive and poorly prepared. The teachers seem insensitive and indifferent to the needs of their students and parents as well. They do not welcome parental input, especially if they are at fault. They act like little disciplinarian robots. They continue to hire younger teachers that look like kids themselves that do not seem prepared at all. The principal is never on the parents side. The school priorities seem to be money and strict discipline but they do not seem to care about a child's well being, like their self esteem, at all. The teacher's children receive preferential treatment even if they do not deserve it. I do not recommend this school and will be looking for another one for the next school year.

Posted May 3, 2013

This school used to be great. The teachers are wonderful but because of lack of leadership they are not happy. The leadership for this school needs to be changed. Current leader is a bully, isn't consistent in punishment, and generally doesn't care about the children especially the older ones. She puts on a good act but once she has her hooks in you see the real deal.

Posted May 2, 2013

This school unfortunately has gone downhill. What used to be a school with high academic standards has become a school with teachers that will just pass kids through so they will not be harassed by the principal. her interest is just to fill a school and not to challenge the students. IT USED TO BE a good school. The teacher morale is at a all time low and discipline has become virtually non existent for the principal's picks. When checking out their promotional material and doing some basic research it is clear that the information is either exaggerated or downright false.

Posted November 19, 2012

I went to SPX as a child in the '80s and it really prepared me well with challenging academics. I decided to send my kids in hopes that they too can get both a good academic and Christian education/training. With a change in administration and no more nuns teaching at the school, I didn't know what to expect. So far, I've been satisfied. Parent involvement is very important at this school, so it seems to be a family commitment. It seems all the children who attend the school come from good families whose parents are willing to make a sacrifice for the benefit of their children and families. That really adds to the learning environment.

Posted April 18, 2011

My daughter is attending St.Pius X for her first year in the Pre-K 3 program. I am very pleased with her as she is excelling tremedously this year a lone. I have to thank the wonderful staff especially Mrs.Chappell and new principle Mr.Demming for all their hard work and dedication they give to the Kids and their Education. I highly encourage any family to visit this School due to the excellent teacher quality, principle leadership, and PARENT INVOLVEMENT!

Posted April 15, 2011

St. Pius X Catholic School has been a wonderful investment in our children's education. Our older attended the school kinder to eight and is currently at Bishop Lynch High School in high level classes. Our younger is still at the school and is excelling in all classes. The academics are challenging so commitment by the parents and students is a must, but well worth the effort. I highly encourage any family looking for an excellent education to visit this school.

Posted February 18, 2011

Tired of your school teaching to the middle? You will love St. Pius X Catholic School. A wonderful school that teaches academic excellence and traditional Catholic values. St. Pius is a school that produces scholars. A school where the teachers are professional and caring. With a terrific principal that actually takes the time to learn your child s name. My granddaughter is in kindergarten and already reading on a 1st grade level and doing 1st grade math. Wish all of my grandchildren were at SPX.

Posted December 6, 2010

Excellent, dedicated staff. Curriculum is at least two grades ahead of any public school. 98% of St. Pius students go on to Bishop Lynch and other top rated high schools.

Posted October 6, 2010

St . Pius is a wonderful school that offers challenging academic programs. It well prepares student for academic success in high school. The parental involvement adds to our strong sense of community. My husband and 3 children all attended the school and are all successful professionals now.

Posted October 6, 2010

Very well rounded school .Has prepared our son for next level of education.He attended Pius from pre-k thru 8th grade ,now our daughter is right behind him.We feel blessed to have fond such a great community of parents, teachers, friends and highly recommend our school to anyone who is commited in giving their children a great place to learn .Great academic and atheletic programs.

Posted September 29, 2010

My son currently attends St. Pius X School. I am very excited abou this year and years to come with our new principal. She is very upbeat and positive both with students and parents. She has many new ideas and, likewise, pays close attention to all of the parent's ideas and concerns. St. Pius is a wonderful community filled with very active parents. The children are academically challenged by experienced and caring teachers. I can't imagine finding a better place for my child to receive not only a great education but an emphasis on being an outstanding Christian member of our society.

Posted March 31, 2010

I am a grandparent who attended and graduated from SPX in 1961. I have a grandson who is currently a 7th grader who came to live with me when he was going into the 2nd grade. There was never a doubt in my mind where I would send him to grade school. All of my best memories are of SPX. He needs the discipline and the encouragement they offer. As a matter of fact, all four of my grandchildren attend SPX. It is a wonderful school.

Posted March 31, 2010

I am a grandparent whose children and grandchildren have gone to St. Pius. I have seen the encouragement offered to students and teacher involvement to offer help and support to each student. Yes, there is discipline and I believe that is part of the success of the school. My children and grandchildren have blossomed, even the most shy and introverted child, because of the attention given to each child as an individual. The parents are very supportive of the school, the administration, and the teaching staff. It is really a family, looking out for each other.

Posted March 15, 2010

I was hesitant to switch my children from the public school system over to St. Pius, but after a few years there, I can say that it was one of the best decisions I have ever made. I watched my children benefit from the smaller class sizes, as well as the personal attention given to their individual strengths. I love the interaction between the parents and the school, but the parents truly look out for one another's children. It is great to be part of this community!!

Posted February 11, 2010

St. Pius was a fantastic environment for both of my kids. My daughter is a high achiever but was not bored. My son has ADHD and has required more patience and support from his teachers. Not only his 1st and 2nd grade teachers, but also the principal, went above and beyond to encourage my son, rather than just criticizing as some school do with these kids. My daughter enjoyed the excellent library and art instruction, played flute in band, and was in choir. We left due to a job opportunity in another state, otherwise we would definitely have stayed through 8th grade.

Posted January 29, 2010

Awesome Christian environment! The teachers are through, disciplined in their craft, and really support the students. We are not practicing catholics, but we have been accepted and respected as a Christians. Excellent campus for your student to grow and develop in confidence.

Two or more races 10% N/A
Asian 9% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 4% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Roman catholic
Associations
  • NCEA

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library
Partnerships with local resources and organizations
  • Diocese of Dallas

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

3030 Gus Thomasson Rd