Posted March 15, 2015
Having the parish surround the students with their support and cohesive community, the rigorous academic life is a series of conquered challenges.

Posted March 05, 2015
I have to admit that I was somewhat surprised at some of the negative comments on here. Is St Pat's perfect? Absolutely not. No school is perfect. That being said, I don't agree with some of the issues that were previously mentioned... especially the comment about racism. One of our priests is from Africa and we have a large refugee program, which brings in a very diverse group of children. It was one of the reasons we chose St Pats for our kids. Our kids are taught the importance of charity and love and acceptance. My young daughter already feels a calling to work with the homeless. I attribute this primarily to her time thusfar at St Pats. The parents are supportive. I will agree that in some grades, the parents have more "chemistry" than others. We have been lucky with our grades. I believe the more involved the parents are, the better they will be able to communicate with the other parents, the teachers, and the administration. Fr Josef is an amazing priest and leader. He has such a love for this parish and these children. I understand that St Pats does have its faults, but I truly feel blessed to have found such a sense of small town community to raise my children in.

St Patrick School 4

Posted January 06, 2015
Our children have attended Catholic schools in several states. St. Patrick was overall a good experience for us. Some grades have great "chemistry," meaning that the kids and their parents are nice to each other, generally well behaved, etc. and that makes the teachers, aides, etc. respond positively to them. Other grades don't have the same luck. One of our kids has an "easy" group of peers/parents and the other one doesn't. It's almost as if our kids attend two different schools. The school offers a well rounded education, although not always challenging academically for the G&T kids. BUT they do focus on building some skills and habits that have proven to be really important in high school, including the value of applying Catholic social teachings in their lives, the value being organized and staying on top of their work, and the importance of communicating with their teachers and other adults. Most teachers are really kind, patient people who are excellent role models for the kids and parents. A small number seem like they're burnt out and should move on. Local high schools describe St. Patrick students as polite, well rounded, and nice kids. We agree.

St Patrick School 1

Posted January 05, 2015
St. Patrick is a school where the child is second and the money is first. A parent shouldn't have to donate money for their child to get a part in a play; this is the type of school St. Patrick's is. New Parents please don't fall for lies that St. Patrick have other people to put up here St. Patrick is honestly not a good school.

Posted January 03, 2015
Both of our children graduated from St. Patrick's and could not have been more prepared for high school and college. St. Pat's provides a rigorous academic experience grounded in Catholic moral and social justice teaching. Year after year St. Patrick's students are among those who garner academic and service awards in the graduating classes of Dallas' Catholic High Schools. So many St. Patrick's graduates have gone on to excel in careers in medicine, business and the arts.

Posted October 02, 2014
Saint Patricks is a great school. I feel lucky that we have found such high quality, Catholic education within a wonderful community. I have 2 boys and they both enjoy school. We are very happy with Saint Patricks.

Posted September 26, 2014
This school is amazing. We LOVE it!! Teachers are so hands on and caring. As a teacher in another school, I know what a great teacher looks like and these are some great ones!

Posted September 25, 2014
We toured many area parochial schools when our son entered K- now in 3rd. Catholic school hallmark: faith centered education, supported by the church. We were interviewing not only the school & its credentials, but the entire church community. The priest is present on campus, supportive of the educators. I see a diverse community; Fr Josef is German, Fr Charles is African American, teachers & students of many nationalities: Asian, African American, Hispanic. In our search we found, ISEE test scores are not public knowledge, but prior to enrolling I spoke directly w/ 2 Catholic feeder highschools re:preparedness of students, St Pat's was glowing in academics & character. I am unaware of an 8th grader who has applied & been rejected. The school is not too large, 2 classes/grade; smaller classes would be nice, but the teachers handle the students remarkably well. So far they've been passionate & accessible. St Pats does not plan to grow beyond current size or campus. Products of small parochial schools ourselves, art room, music rooms, science lab & technology are impressive. Active parent/teacher (PATs club) fund raising efforts are evident. It's been a great match for us.

St Patrick School 1

Posted August 21, 2014
St. Patrick's has no teacher of color on their staff and that alone should tell you alot about the school. The principal is ok but doesn't have a cule about what goes on in the school she doesn't see the disconnect between the staff and the kids. America is a great piece of a big round world, we should not be teaching our kids one side. We should all stand up against racism in any form, America is colorful lets show our kids that beauty. We Are One!

St Patrick School 3

Posted June 13, 2014
St. Patrick School has changed over the past 20 years and not completely for the best. St. Patrick used to lead the diocese with a reputation for having one of the most dynamic and positively active junior highs available. Families sought out SPS specifically for: traditional 8th grade "haunted house," a well-respected Speech/Drama team, and professional quality musical theater performances, SPS graduates were once the most sought after students for the Catholic High Schools.This is sadly no longer the case as SPS did not maintain its unique and enviable place among comparable schools. The most significant reason lies in hiring a principal with no teaching experience beyond first grade; she has no practical knowledge at least a quarter of the student population. This combined with many other factors that resulted in the Blue Ribbon School recognition is long gone. SPS is just one of many ordinary places a student might fair well.

St Patrick School