PK-8 & Ungraded|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

This is my daughter's first year at St. Bernard's. It has been a wonderful experience. The principal and staff have been very warm and welcoming to my daughter. This school is the perfect size and my child felt comfortable right away. My daughter comes home happy and excited everyday. I feel like she is given exceptional attention and I feel like she is learning what she needs to learn. I have loved this year and can see a big change in my child. I recommend this school to anyone looking for a loving learning environment for their children. This is a wonderful little school in a wonderful little neighborhood in Dallas.

Amazing school. Love the small cOmmunity atmosphere. The principal knowing your child's name. Shaking their hand as they walk in. So much better than public schools. Excellent. -Wallace's

I think that this is for the most part a sweet little school. There are so e really great teachers, and there are a few that appear to be just phoning it in, but I guess that happens everywhere. I appreciate that even though we are not catholic, we are welcomed. I am not as crazy about the arts offered. The art teacher is incredibly kind, but the arts assignments left my creative child complaining that they could only use certain colors, etc.

SBS is a excellent school with a good teacher to student ratio. Our new principal is very engaged and provides solid leadership. Overall our experience at SBS has been worth every penny and I'd encourage you to check it out if searching for a new school.

Curriculum is on public school level I would say. Nothing to brag about. This school is a money pit. Always asking for donations for this and that. If it's not the principal asking for stuff, it's the teachers or the home and school association (PTA). Pretty sad when you get email from teacher asking if any parent would be so kind to donate a printer for the classroom. Hello? Isn't that the schools responsibility to provide that? Or how about having to purchase your child's art work completed in art class? 20 bucks a piece. Other than that you will never see their art work brought home. Pretty ridiculous!

So saddened to hear that our wonderful principal is leaving. What great advances she has made in the last five years. Gone are the negative staff and parents that destroy a school's morale. I pray that the new principal will have the backbone to stand firm and continue the progress made.

We have been part of SBS for about five years and overall we have loved the school, staff, students, and families; however, the principal has run off so many families and staff members over the last four years and this has caused great discord in the school. I am thrilled that the school will be getting a new school leader next year. Hopefully, the new principal will be a great leader with vision to improve SBS so that prospective families and staff members will be drawn to the school instead of being run off.

This little school is wonderful and a hidden gem in the East Dallas. The staff is outstanding and challenge the children everyday. It offers great academics and community. Going on our 4th year we highly recommend you visit this school to learn more about what makes it so special.

Very good school with intelligent and caring teachers. Great option if you are going the private route...you don't have to be Catholic.

We are happy here. It has exceeded our expectations. We found out though the principal (very well informed) that 95% of Saint Bernard of Clairvaux graduates are accepted to Honors Level Programs at public schools, or Catholic High Schools. Great environment for learning. Outstanding teachers and curriculum.

Last modified St Bernard Of Clairvaux School is a Private school