Posted April 18, 2014
Bishop Lynch offers a great environment for kids, with a balanced student body from all areas of the city and all walks of life, a caring faculty that offers a balanced view of learning and life. Bishop Lynch's best feature is that it is a wonderful community to be a part of, both as a student and parent. Kids at BL are taught community service and how to care about others. They create friendships for life. And the school is not just for Catholic kids, as they probably have about 25% of the student population that is not Catholic. While not an elite school academically like certain others, it is just a wonderful environment that has something for every one.

Posted April 04, 2014
Great school! The teachers are exceptional! The kids seem very happy and nice. My son has made good friends at BL. They offer many AP classes and really challenge the students. I feel like my son has gotten a great education is is well prepared for college.

Bishop Lynch High School 4

Posted January 31, 2014
Bishop Lynch is the largest private mixed high school in Texas. It offers a wonderful dual, college enrollment program. It offers a well-rounded education in sports and arts. It is diversified in gender and ethnicity. The math program is exceptional as evidenced from its state and national wins. Cliques are not excessive. The school draws in freshmen students as far from Ennis, Bedford, and Denton. Hang out at the Dairyette if you want the true, inside scoop from the students. I did, and they had great things to say. Areas of improvement need to be: less focus on alumni parties (donation driven) and more on current parents, and the unity of school community. The no cash/school card system is okay, but not allowing parents to control or set limits for their family budget on their minor children's spending is not.

Posted July 26, 2013
My school is Bishop Lynch. I have 4 children who have graduated from BL. We have been at Bishop Lynch for the last 15 years. What a wonderful experience with was for my children. There are so many things the kids can be involved. There are get togethers for the students, new families, for the moms and there is also a dads club. The teachers are wonderful and great role models. The teachers really care about the students and their success not only in school but their future.

Bishop Lynch High School 4

Posted July 25, 2013
Bishop Lynch high school is a great community for learning and developing leadership and service.

Posted May 02, 2013
Bishop Lynch is the best private/parochial school in Dallas. The kids are friendly and laid-back and the teachers/administrators/coaches are outstanding. Best decision we ever made to send our son to Bishop Lynch. "Worth the Drive".

Posted January 30, 2013
As a college professor, I am very glad that my daughter decided to go to Bishop Lynch. The teachers who are there have excellent credentials and many teach or have taught in the local college systems. This school has one of the largest dual credit programs in the area and many students graduate with numerous hours of college credit. The teachers do a great job of preparing the students for college courses while making then feel welcome there and part of the community. My daughter is very happy to be there and enjoys the friendly atmosphere. The counselors and deans are always around at school events to make sure that things run smoothly. I also feel as though she is in a safe environment, which is reassuring during these times.

Bishop Lynch High School 1

Posted December 27, 2012
this school focuses way too much on sports. yes it is Texas, as one reviewer said, but this is SUPPOSED to be a college prep school, not a sport prep or anything like that. so just because it's Texas doesn't give the school the excuse to focus on sports and athletes. college involves so many different facets of our lives that don't involve sports, but actual real world experiences. as a former student I don't appreciate the drugs that are very accessible and the stupid and idiotic cliques that form. if you don't have money, it's made sure that you understand you aren't worth anything and you don't belong. transferring to Bishop Dunne (a Catholic college prep high school also in Dallas) for my junior and senior year is the best decision I could have made. bishop Dunne truly gives you the real world experiences you need for college such as their diversity, extracurriculars, and the opportunity to actually participate in them-- lynch is very particular about who gets priority based on whose parents donate the most. the drugs and superficial experience is one I wish I never had and I wish I would have attended Bishop Dunne all four years of high school.

Bishop Lynch High School 3

Posted April 23, 2012
Overall this school is good, however most of the teachers are coaches that are more concerned with coaching than teaching. This school does have a lot of cliques, but if a student is outgoing and not shy they will make some friends. The dance team has a lot of cliques as well. There is a lot of gossip, fakeness, favoritism. The older girls can turn the coaches against you and they are really mean to underclassmen unless you kiss-up to them. The other teachers care about their students and want them to succeed.

Posted September 10, 2011
This is my freshman year at BL, and I already feel welcomed by the staff and students. I was the only girl from school to go to BL, and I have already made so many friends in the last couple of weeks. BL is a very well-rounded school. It has challenging academics, great competitive sports teams, and an amazing Arts program. On the first day I was so nervous for lunch and who I was going to sit by. Some people at a table made my day by asking me to come and sit with them. BL is such a welcoming and I am so excited to get this amazing opportunity to spend my high school experience at BL.

Bishop Lynch High School
9750 Ferguson Road, Dallas, TX  75228
Last modified Bishop Lynch High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12
Bishop Lynch High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top