No rating

Good Shepherd Episcopal School

Private | PK-8

Living in Dallas

Situated in a suburban neighborhood. The median home value is $239,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $810.

Sweep tile

Posted February 27, 2014

My child attends Good Shepherd. I agree with what another poster said about the cliques at our school. It's a shame, it puts a damper on the experience for everyone else. We have been able to seek out some fun, friendly, welcoming families but it took quite a bit of time.

Posted January 14, 2014

This school's acceptance rate is around 70 percent. That means they end up with a lot of the kids who couldn't get into the more competitive schools. We tested out as soon as we were able. The curriculum didn't challenge our child and we didn't find the environment terribly friendly.

Posted December 5, 2013

My daughter is a 3rd grader at GSES. I can not say enough wonderful things about this school! The administrators, teacher and all ancillary staff are amazing. It is a warm, loving, inclusive environment and my daughter loves it. We are truly grateful to be a part of Good Shepherd!

Posted February 19, 2013

My 7th grade son just returned from a five-night backpacking trip to Big Bend as part of the Good Shepherd COE (classroom of the earth) program. Not only did he have an amazing time, but he came home with a level of self confidence that only a COE trip can instill. I've already had one child "graduate" from GSES and she is doing incredibly well in a top-tier private high school. The academics at GSES prepared her to excel in high school, but the other programs like COE gave her the confidence to be a leader. Thanks, Good Shepherd!

Posted February 4, 2013

My son has attended GSES since Pre-K and is now in 5th grade there. Every teacher has been excellent and he absolutely loves this school. The education is very well rounded and the atmosphere very caring. This is a school with a young spirit and a big heart. Parents can be involved as much or as little as they wish and there are many options for kids activities, camps, social events for parents and families, sports teams, etc.... My son especially enjoys the Classroom of the Earth program and the numerous retreats and adventures he experiences over the years. GSES is a great choice.

Posted August 24, 2012

My daughter attended GSES preschool last year and we loved it (both teachers are incredible). We are starting Kindergarten now and looking forward to another great year. A school is what you make it. Take part, volunteer, get involved, and you will most likely get the social experience that you are looking for. As for academics, we are happy with the high level of challenge. Our happy, progressing 5 year old lets us know we made the right decision.

Posted October 25, 2011

I agree with the other poster who mentioned that there is no social aspect to the school. The parents are extremely cliquey and it trickles down to the students. We left after 2 years.

Posted April 26, 2010

Good Shepherd is a school that produces compassionate scholars.

Posted April 9, 2010

i am currently in 8th grade at good shepherd and i have been there since pre-k. i have had the most amazing experience. every year we have once in a life time opportunities offered to us such as the classroom of the earth trips, where we grow physically, mentally, and become closer friends, and the mexico exchange program which was also an incredibal trip. We are all very socially involved and learn so much. the high school application process is made so easy with the help of our student dean Mrs. McMurry. going to a school where you must change in 8th grade was the best decision my parents ever made because i get meet new people just like i would if i were going to college. the facilities are incredibal and my education has been suprub. Next year i am going to Hockaday and i feel very prepared. Thanks G-shep!!

Posted December 10, 2009

I am in 7th grade at Good Shepherd Episcopal School. I have learned many things over the my past 8 years at the school. I feel very prepared for high school and very happy with my school! I love my teachers! Especially my spanish teacher Ms. Puerto! She is so much fun! About 2 months ago I went on a mexico exchange program with my school! I had the time of my life!! I am very happy to attend at this school and hope everyone else will too!

Posted December 9, 2008

I am currently an eighth grader at GSES and I absolutely love it. I have been here since Pre K and I do not have any complaints. The experiences and friends are amazing and I will remember them for the rest of my life. Sadly, this is my last year and I will miss it very much. I feel that GSES has done a great job with preparing me for high school.

Posted May 19, 2008

Although there is no doubt that my daughter has received a great education; We are disappointed in few aspects of the school. One is the non-existent social aspect of the school, and missing communication level between parents and teachers/administrators. It feels like the school has been doing the same thing for 30 + years and is resistant to change. We are pleased academically; but, we have decided to try another school next year.

Posted May 16, 2008

My daughter has been at Good Shepherd since pre K and has had a great experience there. Every year has been wonderful. She has excelled and the first year in middle school went really well so I know the lower school did a great job of preparing her for the work load. The Classroom of the Earth is a definate highlight and she looks forward to the next three years.

Posted February 24, 2008

Great school. I graduated last year and have found myself super prepared for high school. I still keep in touch with the great friends i've made there.

Asian 4% N/A
Two or more races 1% N/A
Hawaiian Native/Pacific Islander 0% N/A
Source: NCES, 2009-2010

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• NAES
  • NAIS
Fax number
  • (214) 357-4105

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

11110 Midway Rd