Posted October 24, 2014
The experience we have had here is the best I could have possibly hoped for for my children. My family and I have found this to be a supportive, loving, family-centered community of parents and students, in addition to a challenging academic environment. My kids have had the kinds of opportunities here that you would find at a larger school - without the huge price tag or the impersonal vibe. They have been able to do outreach and community service through the Chapel and service learning program, backpack through the woods with Classroom of the Earth, participate in music, art (and theatre in Middle School), as well as strengthen their Spanish language skills from Kindergarten. They are also extremely comfortable using technology because of the way the teachers incorporate it into their classrooms on a daily basis. We have not experienced any teachers trying to use technology as a substitute for traditional teaching. We LOVE GSES!

Posted October 22, 2014
Ever since Bob Kohler left, school has gone downhill. Middle school administration is not in touch with reality on dealing with kids. Every year the better students leave and they just admit problem kids (bullies) who have been asked to leave other private schools. Very much a 'cliche' culture by kids and parents with no family values. Spanish curriculum on steady decline and many classes taught via web and pod with limited to no involvement by teacher. Parents seem to dictate based on perceived status. Have a few good teachers but overall wouldn't recommend.

Good Shepherd Episcopal School 3

Posted February 27, 2014
My child attends Good Shepherd. I agree with what another poster said about the cliques at our school. It's a shame, it puts a damper on the experience for everyone else. We have been able to seek out some fun, friendly, welcoming families but it took quite a bit of time.

Posted January 14, 2014
This school's acceptance rate is around 70 percent. That means they end up with a lot of the kids who couldn't get into the more competitive schools. We tested out as soon as we were able. The curriculum didn't challenge our child and we didn't find the environment terribly friendly.

Posted December 05, 2013
My daughter is a 3rd grader at GSES. I can not say enough wonderful things about this school! The administrators, teacher and all ancillary staff are amazing. It is a warm, loving, inclusive environment and my daughter loves it. We are truly grateful to be a part of Good Shepherd!

Posted February 19, 2013
My 7th grade son just returned from a five-night backpacking trip to Big Bend as part of the Good Shepherd COE (classroom of the earth) program. Not only did he have an amazing time, but he came home with a level of self confidence that only a COE trip can instill. I've already had one child "graduate" from GSES and she is doing incredibly well in a top-tier private high school. The academics at GSES prepared her to excel in high school, but the other programs like COE gave her the confidence to be a leader. Thanks, Good Shepherd!

Posted February 04, 2013
My son has attended GSES since Pre-K and is now in 5th grade there. Every teacher has been excellent and he absolutely loves this school. The education is very well rounded and the atmosphere very caring. This is a school with a young spirit and a big heart. Parents can be involved as much or as little as they wish and there are many options for kids activities, camps, social events for parents and families, sports teams, etc.... My son especially enjoys the Classroom of the Earth program and the numerous retreats and adventures he experiences over the years. GSES is a great choice.

Posted August 24, 2012
My daughter attended GSES preschool last year and we loved it (both teachers are incredible). We are starting Kindergarten now and looking forward to another great year. A school is what you make it. Take part, volunteer, get involved, and you will most likely get the social experience that you are looking for. As for academics, we are happy with the high level of challenge. Our happy, progressing 5 year old lets us know we made the right decision.

Posted October 25, 2011
I agree with the other poster who mentioned that there is no social aspect to the school. The parents are extremely cliquey and it trickles down to the students. We left after 2 years.

Good Shepherd Episcopal School 0

Posted April 26, 2010
Good Shepherd is a school that produces compassionate scholars.

Good Shepherd Episcopal School
11110 Midway Road, Dallas, TX  75229
Last modified Good Shepherd Episcopal School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Good Shepherd Episcopal School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top