Parish Episcopal School (Lower Campus)

Private | PK-2

Student diversity

Living in Dallas

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $127,100. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $870.

Sweep tile

Posted December 20, 2013

Our child attended Parish Episcopal School at Midway for 2 years. The first thing we noticed was that some of her classmates couldn't even do simple multiplication. The academic level of the students is very low. Many of them have some behavior issues or learning difficulties. They constantly get punished. Most of the students here were not admitted to their school of choice. Last year almost half of the students were applying to other schools for 5th grade. Then all the parents applying to other schools got a phone call from the principal for a meeting to discuss why they wanted to leave. This was very embarrassing for me and my wife. In the meeting we were told that this was going to be a bad example for our daughter because if she get rejected by the other schools she will feel bad about herself. On the good side, the head of the school Mr. Monaco is kind of a show off but a nice guy. He works hard to collect money during fundraisers. Some of the teachers were good. My daughter liked the Spanish and Music teacher. We will miss Mrs. Solis. But when considering the $24,000 for tuition and the almost $200 a month for lunch we decided to move our child to a different school.

Posted September 11, 2013

Parish is such a nurturing environment, and our personal experience with the teachers has been very positive. I feel comfortable emailing them with any questions or concerns, and I get a very prompt reply. They are willing to meet and discuss at any point before or after conferences if we've ever had an issue or concern. I always feel reassured of our decision to send our kids there when I get very individualized care towards my kids. Faculty and staff care for my kids, and I'm reminded of this with examples like receiving a picture of my daughter giving her Student Council speech from a faculty member just because he knew I'd love to see that. Our experience has been so positive, and I feel our school leadership has worked tirelessly to bring the best and brightest teachers in with varying levels of experience balanced with an enthusiasm and love of teaching. Perhaps I've "drunk the kook-aid" so to speak, but we are proud to be Parish lifers thus far, and we intend to be Parish lifers upon our kids' graduations.

Posted September 11, 2013

Parish Episcopal School (Lower Campus) My husband and I have never felt more blessed regarding our children's education!!! After being at the premier co-educational private school in Dallas, we chose a different route for our youngest. We were searching for a more nurturing environment where our child would love to learn. We also wanted to be in a church-based school that would weave Christian principles into all of their learning. We honestly have been so blown away by the devotion of this school - starting with the Head of School Dave Monaco - all the way down to our child's individual teachers and support staff of the school, that we moved our other two children over to Parish this year. It has been the best decision we have ever made with regard to their futures. We are at an innovative, cutting-edge school that offers opportunities that are unparalleled to any other school in Dallas. This school is sincerely dedicated to our children and their futures and that is not something we found before. Parish tries harder than any other school I have ever seen to make its students and its parents happy.

Posted April 17, 2013

Our daughter is just finishing her first year at Parish in Pre-K1 (3 year olds & young 4's). She has enjoyed the school since she arrived. The school day begins at 7:50 drop off and ends at 2:30pm for this group if you take advantage of the full day program. The school has aftercare until 6pm. From 2:30 until 5pm there are a variety of additional classes that a pre-K1 student can be enrolled in. This program is called EXTEND. Our daughter has enjoyed a variety of EXTEND classes. The parents have been very welcoming. Our daughter has quickly developed a wonderful group of friends that she enjoys seeing every day. She has learned quite a bit from phonics & numbers to understanding how a chicken is hatched from an egg in STEM. My daughter loves the daily 15 minute (perfect for that age) chapel, library, STEM, music, kids catering, etc... She has stayed engaged at school. When our daughter needed some help with her letters, the staff helped me coordinate an in-school tutor to give her the one-on-one time she needed to understand her letters. The parents have been welcoming arranging soccer for the class and participating in kids catering and parent readers.

Posted December 3, 2012

Our children have attended Parish for 10 years. One child graduated in 2011, one is in high school and one is in lower elementary. So we have experienced every division and campus of this school multiple times over many years. We highly, highly recommend Parish. The academics, athletics and arts programs are excellent. And the school and administration are constantly looking for ways to improve and innovate. Of course, no school is perfect. But any issues we have experienced or heard about over the years have been addressed. And isn't that what you want in a school? When our older children were in middle school and we asked if they wanted to consider applying someplace else, they both said absolutely not. And when it came time to apply for our youngest, we looked nowhere else. When he graduates in 2023, we will have had a 20-year relationship with Parish. I think that speaks volumes about the kind of school Parish is.

Posted October 25, 2010

I am schocked at how many students repeat grades, however, their is no primer classes and maybe that has something to do with it. It is a great school, but not prepared to handle gifted children. Having said that I not sure their is any school who handles or really understands gifted kids. Communication with parent and staff/teachers is poor. Very set in their rules with no room for change in their lower school. Perhaps head of lower school needs to retire.

Posted April 6, 2007

This review really should be a part of the total school review since both campuses function well as one unit. We now have a five year history with the school and our three students range from Pre-K to Middle School. We love this school more every year. The teachers and other parents are wonderful. Beginning at 3rd grade they will transition to the amazing facility which is the upper campus. We'd say that there is a more flexible and nurturing environment for the younger students (as you might expect). The spaces are ample, and cozy, too, at the lower campus. You must visit both campuses and imagine how much your students will enjoy being a part of the Parish Community!

Posted February 25, 2007

This school is great! What else can you ask for. It is good academically and athletically. It is pre-k through 12 grade. My kids love it. It is well worth it.

Posted May 2, 2006

Parish has a wonderful history and is continuing that tradition as it adds grades. The first graduating class will be in 2007. Strong faculty and outstanding parental involvement. THe physical facilty is top rate.
—Submitted by an administrator

Posted November 2, 2005

My daughter has had a wonderful experience at Parish. I would say that of all the private schools in Dallas its the most grounded.

Posted April 20, 2005

Great school, great parent involvement. Pricey tuition. All in all has been a good experience for our 2 kids, but not sure it's worth the $$.

Posted March 12, 2005

The Parish Day School is a really great school. All the teachers are willing to reach out and take part in every child's education. The staff is loving and kind and makes a child's day fantastic. Parents are involved very often. There is a Parent's Association club that a lot of Parish parents are involved in and it is a great thing. It is very family like and supportive. My child wants to graduate from high school here and she told me that she never wants to leave.
—Submitted by a former student

Posted January 30, 2005

My child is in the PRE-K program. Orginally I had thought that it was a great school and I was very excited for my child to be able to go there. However, I have discovered that they want to hold my child back for somewhat unsound reasons that will result in my child graduating at 19. These children are only 4 years old and the school year is just half over, but I was asked to sign my contract for next year with the clause that my child is to repeat the PRE_K program. There are two other families faced with the same situation. Oddly enough we are the three lowest on the economic food chain.

• Coed