PK-2|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Disagree

They have no clue. We saw it first hand, unfortunately our son was already a first degree black belt so it didn't turn out so well for the bully...no action was taken against either of them.

Supports LD students: Disagree

They teach down, so if your child is bright he or she will be very bored. Its a great school if your child is borderline Shelton.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

After the incident with our son and the drunk, bipolar teacher, they did everything they could do try and cover it up. Three other families in the class with us wrote up formal complaints on her and eventually transferred with us to Good Shepherd (which is a much better lower school).

Develops character: Strongly disagree

Administration is all about trying to increase endowment so they take anyone...its like paying to have your child in Dallas public schools...

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

They could do all homework before they ever got home. He was not remotely prepared for St Marks when he arrived and we have heard similar stories from our friends at Cistercian and Greenhill.

Our children transferred to Parish Episcopal from another highly rated local private school. We have been impressed with the quality of the academics, the experience of the teachers and staff, and the amazing offering of "specials" - STEM (computing, science experiments, a full kitchen and garden), art, gross motor, etc. The community is strong and every child's needs are addressed at the individual level in a caring, supportive way. I cannot say enough good things about our experience at the Parish Lower School!

Our child attended Parish Episcopal School at Midway for 2 years. The first thing we noticed was that some of her classmates couldn't even do simple multiplication. The academic level of the students is very low. Many of them have some behavior issues or learning difficulties. They constantly get punished. Most of the students here were not admitted to their school of choice. Last year almost half of the students were applying to other schools for 5th grade. Then all the parents applying to other schools got a phone call from the principal for a meeting to discuss why they wanted to leave. This was very embarrassing for me and my wife. In the meeting we were told that this was going to be a bad example for our daughter because if she get rejected by the other schools she will feel bad about herself. On the good side, the head of the school Mr. Monaco is kind of a show off but a nice guy. He works hard to collect money during fundraisers. Some of the teachers were good. My daughter liked the Spanish and Music teacher. We will miss Mrs. Solis. But when considering the $24,000 for tuition and the almost $200 a month for lunch we decided to move our child to a different school.

Parish is such a nurturing environment, and our personal experience with the teachers has been very positive. I feel comfortable emailing them with any questions or concerns, and I get a very prompt reply. They are willing to meet and discuss at any point before or after conferences if we've ever had an issue or concern. I always feel reassured of our decision to send our kids there when I get very individualized care towards my kids. Faculty and staff care for my kids, and I'm reminded of this with examples like receiving a picture of my daughter giving her Student Council speech from a faculty member just because he knew I'd love to see that. Our experience has been so positive, and I feel our school leadership has worked tirelessly to bring the best and brightest teachers in with varying levels of experience balanced with an enthusiasm and love of teaching. Perhaps I've "drunk the kook-aid" so to speak, but we are proud to be Parish lifers thus far, and we intend to be Parish lifers upon our kids' graduations.

Parish Episcopal School (Lower Campus) My husband and I have never felt more blessed regarding our children's education!!! After being at the premier co-educational private school in Dallas, we chose a different route for our youngest. We were searching for a more nurturing environment where our child would love to learn. We also wanted to be in a church-based school that would weave Christian principles into all of their learning. We honestly have been so blown away by the devotion of this school - starting with the Head of School Dave Monaco - all the way down to our child's individual teachers and support staff of the school, that we moved our other two children over to Parish this year. It has been the best decision we have ever made with regard to their futures. We are at an innovative, cutting-edge school that offers opportunities that are unparalleled to any other school in Dallas. This school is sincerely dedicated to our children and their futures and that is not something we found before. Parish tries harder than any other school I have ever seen to make its students and its parents happy.

Our daughter is just finishing her first year at Parish in Pre-K1 (3 year olds & young 4's). She has enjoyed the school since she arrived. The school day begins at 7:50 drop off and ends at 2:30pm for this group if you take advantage of the full day program. The school has aftercare until 6pm. From 2:30 until 5pm there are a variety of additional classes that a pre-K1 student can be enrolled in. This program is called EXTEND. Our daughter has enjoyed a variety of EXTEND classes. The parents have been very welcoming. Our daughter has quickly developed a wonderful group of friends that she enjoys seeing every day. She has learned quite a bit from phonics & numbers to understanding how a chicken is hatched from an egg in STEM. My daughter loves the daily 15 minute (perfect for that age) chapel, library, STEM, music, kids catering, etc... She has stayed engaged at school. When our daughter needed some help with her letters, the staff helped me coordinate an in-school tutor to give her the one-on-one time she needed to understand her letters. The parents have been welcoming arranging soccer for the class and participating in kids catering and parent readers.

Last modified Parish Episcopal School (Lower Campus) is a Private school that serves grades PK-2