Parish Episcopal School (Lower Campus) 3

Posted December 20, 2013
Our child attended Parish Episcopal School at Midway for 2 years. The first thing we noticed was that some of her classmates couldn't even do simple multiplication. The academic level of the students is very low. Many of them have some behavior issues or learning difficulties. They constantly get punished. Most of the students here were not admitted to their school of choice. Last year almost half of the students were applying to other schools for 5th grade. Then all the parents applying to other schools got a phone call from the principal for a meeting to discuss why they wanted to leave. This was very embarrassing for me and my wife. In the meeting we were told that this was going to be a bad example for our daughter because if she get rejected by the other schools she will feel bad about herself. On the good side, the head of the school Mr. Monaco is kind of a show off but a nice guy. He works hard to collect money during fundraisers. Some of the teachers were good. My daughter liked the Spanish and Music teacher. We will miss Mrs. Solis. But when considering the $24,000 for tuition and the almost $200 a month for lunch we decided to move our child to a different school.

Posted September 11, 2013
Parish is such a nurturing environment, and our personal experience with the teachers has been very positive. I feel comfortable emailing them with any questions or concerns, and I get a very prompt reply. They are willing to meet and discuss at any point before or after conferences if we've ever had an issue or concern. I always feel reassured of our decision to send our kids there when I get very individualized care towards my kids. Faculty and staff care for my kids, and I'm reminded of this with examples like receiving a picture of my daughter giving her Student Council speech from a faculty member just because he knew I'd love to see that. Our experience has been so positive, and I feel our school leadership has worked tirelessly to bring the best and brightest teachers in with varying levels of experience balanced with an enthusiasm and love of teaching. Perhaps I've "drunk the kook-aid" so to speak, but we are proud to be Parish lifers thus far, and we intend to be Parish lifers upon our kids' graduations.

Posted September 11, 2013
Parish Episcopal School (Lower Campus) My husband and I have never felt more blessed regarding our children's education!!! After being at the premier co-educational private school in Dallas, we chose a different route for our youngest. We were searching for a more nurturing environment where our child would love to learn. We also wanted to be in a church-based school that would weave Christian principles into all of their learning. We honestly have been so blown away by the devotion of this school - starting with the Head of School Dave Monaco - all the way down to our child's individual teachers and support staff of the school, that we moved our other two children over to Parish this year. It has been the best decision we have ever made with regard to their futures. We are at an innovative, cutting-edge school that offers opportunities that are unparalleled to any other school in Dallas. This school is sincerely dedicated to our children and their futures and that is not something we found before. Parish tries harder than any other school I have ever seen to make its students and its parents happy.

Posted April 17, 2013
Our daughter is just finishing her first year at Parish in Pre-K1 (3 year olds & young 4's). She has enjoyed the school since she arrived. The school day begins at 7:50 drop off and ends at 2:30pm for this group if you take advantage of the full day program. The school has aftercare until 6pm. From 2:30 until 5pm there are a variety of additional classes that a pre-K1 student can be enrolled in. This program is called EXTEND. Our daughter has enjoyed a variety of EXTEND classes. The parents have been very welcoming. Our daughter has quickly developed a wonderful group of friends that she enjoys seeing every day. She has learned quite a bit from phonics & numbers to understanding how a chicken is hatched from an egg in STEM. My daughter loves the daily 15 minute (perfect for that age) chapel, library, STEM, music, kids catering, etc... She has stayed engaged at school. When our daughter needed some help with her letters, the staff helped me coordinate an in-school tutor to give her the one-on-one time she needed to understand her letters. The parents have been welcoming arranging soccer for the class and participating in kids catering and parent readers.

Posted December 03, 2012
Our children have attended Parish for 10 years. One child graduated in 2011, one is in high school and one is in lower elementary. So we have experienced every division and campus of this school multiple times over many years. We highly, highly recommend Parish. The academics, athletics and arts programs are excellent. And the school and administration are constantly looking for ways to improve and innovate. Of course, no school is perfect. But any issues we have experienced or heard about over the years have been addressed. And isn't that what you want in a school? When our older children were in middle school and we asked if they wanted to consider applying someplace else, they both said absolutely not. And when it came time to apply for our youngest, we looked nowhere else. When he graduates in 2023, we will have had a 20-year relationship with Parish. I think that speaks volumes about the kind of school Parish is.

Parish Episcopal School (Lower Campus) 4

Posted October 25, 2010
I am schocked at how many students repeat grades, however, their is no primer classes and maybe that has something to do with it. It is a great school, but not prepared to handle gifted children. Having said that I not sure their is any school who handles or really understands gifted kids. Communication with parent and staff/teachers is poor. Very set in their rules with no room for change in their lower school. Perhaps head of lower school needs to retire.

Posted April 06, 2007
This review really should be a part of the total school review since both campuses function well as one unit. We now have a five year history with the school and our three students range from Pre-K to Middle School. We love this school more every year. The teachers and other parents are wonderful. Beginning at 3rd grade they will transition to the amazing facility which is the upper campus. We'd say that there is a more flexible and nurturing environment for the younger students (as you might expect). The spaces are ample, and cozy, too, at the lower campus. You must visit both campuses and imagine how much your students will enjoy being a part of the Parish Community!

- a administrator

Posted February 25, 2007
This school is great! What else can you ask for. It is good academically and athletically. It is pre-k through 12 grade. My kids love it. It is well worth it.

Parish Episcopal School (Lower Campus)
14115 Hillcrest Road, Dallas, TX  75254
Last modified Parish Episcopal School (Lower Campus) is a Private school that serves grades PK-2
Parish Episcopal School (Lower Campus) Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top