PK-4|Private

Bad
Good

After several years and multiple children at Lamplighter, we are disappointed parents. Teacher communications are over-managed by administration - the conversations don't feel open and honest. Starting in 2nd grade and up (and sometimes earlier), most parents are "supplementing" the education heavily with outside tutoring and other academic support which clouds the ERB and ISEE results of the students. It is impossible to attribute student results solely to the education at the school due to the level of outside classes and extra work that kids are doing. There are some high points (many many great teachers), but the lows outweigh the highs.

We have been extremely impressed with Lamplighter during our child's first year at the school. Our child has grown and learned so much already, and we love the dedication, enthusiasm and energy of the teachers. We've also enjoyed meeting the other parents, and there are so many activities and events, it is almost overwhelming.

This school is by far the best elementary school in the Dallas area. I am now at hockaday. Lamplighter has prepared me well

I graduated from Lamplighter in 2002. I absolutely LOVED going to school every single day while I attended Lamplighter. I have wonderful memories of my teachers, classmates, and class projects. I have donated to Lamplighter since I graduated and will continue to do so because I am so grateful to have received such a fine education. When I do have children, I would love for them to go here. I have a feeling they would be very happy at this amazing school!

We sent two of our children to LL through first grade. It is a much different school than it once was. Once the two founders suddenly retired, the class size doubled and the experience required of teachers plummeted. We decided to start looking elsewhere when our four-year-old started coming home with stories about his teachers eating Eggo waffles in the classroom while the kids colored--the kids were only there for three hours! Or how hs teacher's feet hurt from "going out" the night before, so it was ok to take them off. Another quote, "I don't talk at school because Miss so--n-so says she can't hear herself think if we talk." It's a $17k a year, three hour a day, daycare. All three of our children are now at another private school, doing well and scoring in the top 1% of standardized tests. We sent our youngest to a church based pre-school (1/4 of the costs) and she is at the same level our other two were at the same age.

This school is the most developmentally appropriate school I know. The focus is on developing the whole child. The school fosters self-expression, creativity, and academic excellence. The curriculum is thoughtful and completely integrated. The environment is warm and nurturing and the kids are great! If you're looking for worksheets and rote memorization, this is not the school for you. If you're looking for an environment that develops critical thinking skills, you've found the right school!

Good school at a very high price. Teachers are very young and inexperienced for the younger children.

Lamplighter is the best school that anyone could ever go to!! The teachers are amazing! I am now an A student and I owe all to my nurishing, enriching, education from Lamplighter!! My mom and aunt both went to Lamplighter and loved every second!! This school is for talented and gifted, motivated kids!!

Lamplighter gives the children a thirst for knowledge. The teachers are fantastic and really care about the kids. I went to Lamplighter as a child and am happy to discover it is equally good now as it was when I was a student.

Lamplighter is a school which looks at your child as individual and really gets to know your child. Our daughter loves going to Lamplighter.

Last modified The Lamplighter School is a Private school that serves grades PK-4