Dallas, TX
Before care: Yes

Posted January 16, 2014
We have been extremely impressed with Lamplighter during our child's first year at the school. Our child has grown and learned so much already, and we love the dedication, enthusiasm and energy of the teachers. We've also enjoyed meeting the other parents, and there are so many activities and events, it is almost overwhelming.

Posted November 09, 2013
This school is by far the best elementary school in the Dallas area. I am now at hockaday. Lamplighter has prepared me well

Posted July 18, 2013
I graduated from Lamplighter in 2002. I absolutely LOVED going to school every single day while I attended Lamplighter. I have wonderful memories of my teachers, classmates, and class projects. I have donated to Lamplighter since I graduated and will continue to do so because I am so grateful to have received such a fine education. When I do have children, I would love for them to go here. I have a feeling they would be very happy at this amazing school!

The Lamplighter School 1

Posted June 11, 2013
We sent two of our children to LL through first grade. It is a much different school than it once was. Once the two founders suddenly retired, the class size doubled and the experience required of teachers plummeted. We decided to start looking elsewhere when our four-year-old started coming home with stories about his teachers eating Eggo waffles in the classroom while the kids colored--the kids were only there for three hours! Or how hs teacher's feet hurt from "going out" the night before, so it was ok to take them off. Another quote, "I don't talk at school because Miss so--n-so says she can't hear herself think if we talk." It's a $17k a year, three hour a day, daycare. All three of our children are now at another private school, doing well and scoring in the top 1% of standardized tests. We sent our youngest to a church based pre-school (1/4 of the costs) and she is at the same level our other two were at the same age.

Posted November 07, 2011
This school is the most developmentally appropriate school I know. The focus is on developing the whole child. The school fosters self-expression, creativity, and academic excellence. The curriculum is thoughtful and completely integrated. The environment is warm and nurturing and the kids are great! If you're looking for worksheets and rote memorization, this is not the school for you. If you're looking for an environment that develops critical thinking skills, you've found the right school!

The Lamplighter School 3

Posted July 16, 2010
Good school at a very high price. Teachers are very young and inexperienced for the younger children.

The Lamplighter School 0

Posted April 02, 2010
Lamplighter is the best school that anyone could ever go to!! The teachers are amazing! I am now an A student and I owe all to my nurishing, enriching, education from Lamplighter!! My mom and aunt both went to Lamplighter and loved every second!! This school is for talented and gifted, motivated kids!!

The Lamplighter School 0

Posted October 16, 2009
Lamplighter gives the children a thirst for knowledge. The teachers are fantastic and really care about the kids. I went to Lamplighter as a child and am happy to discover it is equally good now as it was when I was a student.

Posted June 14, 2009
Lamplighter is a school which looks at your child as individual and really gets to know your child. Our daughter loves going to Lamplighter.

The Lamplighter School 4

Posted December 16, 2008
Lamplighter is a great school for young kids. My child loves to go everday and really enjoys his day. It is a great school for kids who are developmentally right on track and who are self motivated and go along with the class. It is not a good school for kids withy any kind of delays or attentional or sensory challenges. One of my kids has attentional issues would never have been a good fit for this school but the the other child is a good fit. The teachers seem very young and inexperienced but again if the kids they accept generally are above average and easy this is not an issue for the classroom! Again love this school but this is really not a very one school fits all kind of place.

The Lamplighter School
11611 Inwood Rd, Dallas, TX  75229
Last modified The Lamplighter School is a Private school that serves grades PK-4
The Lamplighter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top