No rating

Dallas Lutheran School

Private | 7-12

Living in Dallas

Situated in an inner city neighborhood. The median home value is $142,700. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $760.

Posted April 19, 2011

This is a great private school that not many people know about. The teachers are outstanding and work so hard so make the kids feel special. The school doesn't do much advertising, so I want to get the word out that this is a place your child can strive in, feel special and is very affordable. Please consider this school. The class ratios are very small and the kids get individual attention.

Posted April 19, 2011

We couldn't be happier with the level of education our son is getting at Dallas Lutheran School. The school fosters personal, physical and Christian growth along with academic growth. The student population is friendly and caring along with the staff.

Posted April 19, 2011

The teachers and staff are awesome. It's the happiest I've ever seen my child. She actually loves going to school. I'm not just saying that. She tends to grumble about school, but it hasn't been that way since being on the DLS campus. Please join us. You won't regret it.

Posted April 19, 2011

I love this school. My daughter is completing her freshmen (and first year) at this school. It is a safe, nurturing, and challenging environment. The teachers, administrators, and staff are caring and know each student. They have great sports, too. I especially like their integrated tutoring center (Talent Zone) where students get exceptional one-on-one help. I also like the way the whole school is involved in community service. I can honestly say that I have never heard any parent say a bad word about this school. They are a well-kept secret in Dallas. We are even encouraging other parents we know to enroll their daughters here. I only wish I had found it sooner so I could have enrolled my daughter here in 7th grade and skipped the tumultuous junior high years in public school. One more thing: she had previously attended a different very expensive Dallas private school for 4 years. This school is better and some of the kids from that private school are at DLS now!

Posted April 19, 2011

My son is in 7th grade at DLS and loves it. The support he gets from the staff is amazing and he has grown so much in his academics and faith while being there. If you are considering a school for your child, the small class sizes, caring staff and Christian education make it worth your time to consider DLS.

Posted April 19, 2011

Dallas Lutheran School (DLS) is fabulous! We have been at the school for three years and love it! You need to consider DLS if you are looking for a small, challenging high school for your child!

Posted April 19, 2011

Wonderful, supportive community full of enrichment activities for all students. Great curriculum and excellent teachers that are very involved with the students. It also has available an on- site program that helps students who need extra help - this program has really helped my son excel in school. My son is involved in many more activities than he was in his prior larger school and is much more confident. The sports programs are also phenomenal and they really do build men (and women) of character. This is a gem of a school!

Posted April 19, 2011

I recommend to any loving parent to send a child to this school. It has great teachers and wonderful leadership.

Posted April 19, 2011

We love the school!!!! My girls are very happy. We worth the affordable investment for a quality education. You will be happy here for sure!

Posted April 19, 2011

We can't say enough about the wonderful christian teachers at Lutheran High. They do everything to make sure every child is successful. Two of our children have graduated from the school, and have gone on to be extremely successful in college. Because of the exceptional math program, our son is now a math major at Texas A&M. He was just given an award for top Junior Student of the College of Science. Also, our daughter is just finishing her 1st year of college at Mary Hardin Baylor. Thanks to the influence of her anatomy and biology teacher, she has chosen a school that fits her personality perfectly. Go Mrs. Krause!! We are so greatful for the influence the teachers have made on our kids. They will certainly be life long learners.

Posted April 19, 2011

This is a great school, academically, socially, and for religion. The teacher to student ratio provides great direct interaction between the faculty and the kids. The administration is very approachable, and is focused on the success of the students. It has all the extracurricular activities, and with the school size, my daughter can participate and excel in anything she chooses. Additionally, my daughter has a learning difference, and the school works with us to ensure she gets the most out of her education. The faculty and the Talent Zone process is committed to finding the right ways to help your child learn. We are extremely pleased with the school, and look forward to the next couple of years at DLS.

Posted April 19, 2011

Dallas Lutheran School is one of the best kept secrets in Dallas. In fact, perhaps my primary complaint is that the administration, teachers and parents are too modest and humble about the school and what its students accomplish while maintaining core principles and values. My daughter entered DLS as a middle school student, and both we and she were immediately taken by the degree of care and sincerity of the teachers and staff. DLS has been an academically strong yet nurturing environment for my middle schooler at a time where so many competing interests for her time (not all beneficial) are entering her world. Our middle schooler has had opportunities in athletics, academic competitions and music and theater that have given her a great deal of pride in accomplishment. Thanks to a forward-thinking DLS guidance counselor, she is already excited about the college experience. All of us have been grateful and excited at the blossoming of our daughter, which is attributable in part to the DLS. We highly recommend DLS to parents of middle and high school children who are seeking a faith-based educational experience for their child.

Posted April 19, 2011

My child has been at DLS since 7th grade. DLS has provided a structured yet loving and nurturing environment. I highly recommend the school especially if your child excels in a smaller learning environment and is college bound.

Posted April 19, 2011

My daughters have grown into wonderful successful young women, having attended DL from 7th-12th. The teachers really KNOW the students as the individuals they are; our academics are challenging and students who struggle have a forum in which to strengthen their weaknesses (The Talent Zone). The student teacher ratio is low - no classes larger than 24, with average being around 18. The students have ownership of their education and their participation in extra-curriculars. They are an "open accepting" group (never perfect) but respectful and loving. I wouldn't have traded this experience for my kids for any place else.

Posted April 19, 2011

What a great school and awesome atmosphere for learning. My son will finish 8th grade this year and he looks forward to beginning his freshman year at DLS. Everyone at DLS cares, challenges students, and encourages them to succeed. Go Lions!

Posted April 19, 2011

We moved to Dallas from San Antonio, DLS provided a wonderful environment for my son to learn, make friends and feel a sense of community almost instantaneously. I truly feel that DLS works to grow the entire person, emotionally, intellectually and spiritually. The school is truly a gift to my son and I.

Posted April 19, 2011

Quality education that is Christ centered. Perfect teacher to student ratio. Teachers are dedicated to each student's success. Great opportunities for extracurricular activities in sports, music and art!

Posted September 1, 2010

We are new to DLS and so far the teachers and principals are unbelievable. The MS principal "knows" Middle Schoolers, which is a gift. Everyone is so committed to the students. It is not for everyone, but if you want a Christian-centered education, with great role models for teachers and a place where they "walk the walk" and the parents are down-to-earth...check it out. You will not be disappointed!

Posted June 6, 2010

Thank you Dallas Lutheran teachers for providing a systemic environment where my child felt safe, grew self confident and turned on to learning and excel academically.

Posted March 27, 2010

What a value for a rounded upper school private education. One of Dallas' best kept secrets of value in private school upper education is Dallas Lutheran School Few parents in Dallas are aware of Lutheran High School's name change to Dallas Lutheran School a couple years ago. The change shows DLS' involvement with the community and focus on their student body. Classes start at 7th grade, taking students up through 12th, with a focus on three levels of diploma. DLS students not only excel in academics, but are stars and State-ranked in many of their division athletics. DLS offers a Christian-centered basis for the education of the students. The preparation for their college and adult lives is beyond comparison. My son, who is completing his first year at DLS as a 7th grader, has grown in study and social skills, as well as athletic ability and stamina.

Asian or Pacific Islander 5% 4%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab

• Coed
Affiliation
  • Lutheran church - missouri synod
Associations
  • LSAC
Fax number
  • (214) 340-3095

Specific academic themes or areas of focus

• Religious

• Computer lab
  • Library

To learn more about enrolling, please call the school.

8494 Stults Road