7-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

My daughter spent all 4 years at DLS and graduated in 2014. She did not have learning disabilities and had gone to some of the top private schools in Dallas and Richardson public schools. The school was safe, the teachers caring and inspiring, the administration calm and professional. They do an excellent job and they are not trying to "get every kid in Harvard." My daughter was too stressed from the "pre-Harvard" schools. In Dallas, most private schools seem to believe that if you pay the tuition you want your kid to go to Harvard. Most operate on how high their ratings are. DLS operates on teaching your child, helping them engage in extra-curricular activities, have Christian values, and be able to make decisions in the world. I often wonder what would have happened to my daughter if she had not gone to Dallas Lutheran. Keep up the good job, folks!

Dallas Lutheran is a great sure there's room for improvement like any other school but the atmosphere of the school is really family like. The teachers and student body are really nice and a great thing about this school is that it's not really clique and the teachers will help you 1 on 1 if you ask for it.

DL is an incredible, nurturing school environment. Most of the students are in sports, arts, etc. Everyone can find a place to belong. Each student must look for their niche within the DL community. I believe that there is something for everyone. The center of everything is Christ--the classroom, and extra-curriculars. The academics are superior to those in public school, even the AP and dual credit classes are better than the ones experienced in DISD. Students are learning how to study and learn. They will be prepared for success in college and life when they graduate from DL. Mr. Bangert, Mr. Nitz, and Mr. Krause are continually looking for ways to improve the school. They are making great strides in technology, fine arts, and school community. The school board and administration are seeking out ways to bring in more students and build a strong community environment. Go check out DL and find out for yourself what it is like.

I think of this school as a joke. My child came home everyday and when I asked them what they did in school, they would show me the work and it would be something you would do in 3rd grade. I can't believe I payed money for my child to go to this school.

Dallas Lutheran has provided a very good education for my son while giving him the opportunity to participate in all sports for a "sports minded" kid. He feels successful and apart of a good organization.

I am a parent of a former student. Would not recommend. Very small. Teachers are not professional. If you are not an athlete - the coaches will bully your child. I did not see Christ like behavior at this school.

There are a few good good things like the school spirit and school events but that is all. Besides the fact that the academics are not challenging, it is just sad that I hated my year there. I begged my parents to leave. Thank goodness I left. The Teachers were nice but they did not look out for any students well-being. So many kids in my grade have serious issues with either bullying, disorders, and an all around lazy attitude. Of course everyone has issues but this school was full of them. If you are not a school athlete and you don't drink good luck making friends. Some people enjoy their experience sure, but I found that people at public school were more Christ-like than anyone at Lutheran. I'm sorry I hope they improve. The teachers can not make the kids be more respectful but they could at least monitor them better and encourage finding strength in God - not drugs or pride.

This is a student's point of view who used to go hear. I left this school because it didn't help prepare me for collage and their way of helping you doesn't work. This school made me so miserable that I begged my mom to take me out and go to another school. I'm currently going to a new school called Bending Oaks and It's so much better than Dallas Lutheran. I have been learning more stuff and use full things at things at this school. I highly recommend it for all students.

The teachers and staff of Dallas Lutheran know the students by name and are dedicated to helping them achieve their goals. I highly recommend DLS to parents who want to prepare their son or daughter for college as well as teach them the importance of community service and family commitments. Dallas Lutheran is a refreshing change to other private schools in Dallas. The class size is small and allows for better communication between teachers, students and parents. Students and teachers use iPads as part of the school curriculum. Dallas Lutheran provides a wonderful positive environment for learning and succeeding.

Having had children in four private Christian schools and Park Cities public, we can attest that Dallas Lutheran does an incredible job of getting students into colleges of their choice and allows them to obtain college credit for classes. Teachers and students use iPads with integrated technology. Some subjects are "Flipped" classrooms with youtube lessons, so students may access lectures 24/7, while most written problems are completed in class the following day. This cutting-edge technique allows more one-on-one time with students and opportunity for more questions, to promote mastery of topics. The infrastructure to insure success of the students is exceptional, and we've never found such supportive teachers. Kids graduating from DL are undoubtedly prepared for college, but lack being burned-out, stressed-out, and anxiety-ridden before they enter adulthood. The pace allows families to enjoy life or a hobby outside of school without forfeiting their precious time, never to be recovered. That aspect alone has been life-changing for us. Our kids are much happier, healthier, and we are all more rested. Kids can recover their childhood and enjoy it while they still can!

Last modified Dallas Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades 7-12