Dallas, TX

Posted November 04, 2014
Dallas Lutheran has provided a very good education for my son while giving him the opportunity to participate in all sports for a "sports minded" kid. He feels successful and apart of a good organization.

Posted September 03, 2014
I am a parent of a former student. Would not recommend. Very small. Teachers are not professional. If you are not an athlete - the coaches will bully your child. I did not see Christ like behavior at this school.

Posted May 30, 2014
There are a few good good things like the school spirit and school events but that is all. Besides the fact that the academics are not challenging, it is just sad that I hated my year there. I begged my parents to leave. Thank goodness I left. The Teachers were nice but they did not look out for any students well-being. So many kids in my grade have serious issues with either bullying, disorders, and an all around lazy attitude. Of course everyone has issues but this school was full of them. If you are not a school athlete and you don't drink good luck making friends. Some people enjoy their experience sure, but I found that people at public school were more Christ-like than anyone at Lutheran. I'm sorry I hope they improve. The teachers can not make the kids be more respectful but they could at least monitor them better and encourage finding strength in God - not drugs or pride.

Posted November 25, 2013
This is a student's point of view who used to go hear. I left this school because it didn't help prepare me for collage and their way of helping you doesn't work. This school made me so miserable that I begged my mom to take me out and go to another school. I'm currently going to a new school called Bending Oaks and It's so much better than Dallas Lutheran. I have been learning more stuff and use full things at things at this school. I highly recommend it for all students.

Posted November 14, 2013
The teachers and staff of Dallas Lutheran know the students by name and are dedicated to helping them achieve their goals. I highly recommend DLS to parents who want to prepare their son or daughter for college as well as teach them the importance of community service and family commitments. Dallas Lutheran is a refreshing change to other private schools in Dallas. The class size is small and allows for better communication between teachers, students and parents. Students and teachers use iPads as part of the school curriculum. Dallas Lutheran provides a wonderful positive environment for learning and succeeding.

Posted October 01, 2013
Having had children in four private Christian schools and Park Cities public, we can attest that Dallas Lutheran does an incredible job of getting students into colleges of their choice and allows them to obtain college credit for classes. Teachers and students use iPads with integrated technology. Some subjects are "Flipped" classrooms with youtube lessons, so students may access lectures 24/7, while most written problems are completed in class the following day. This cutting-edge technique allows more one-on-one time with students and opportunity for more questions, to promote mastery of topics. The infrastructure to insure success of the students is exceptional, and we've never found such supportive teachers. Kids graduating from DL are undoubtedly prepared for college, but lack being burned-out, stressed-out, and anxiety-ridden before they enter adulthood. The pace allows families to enjoy life or a hobby outside of school without forfeiting their precious time, never to be recovered. That aspect alone has been life-changing for us. Our kids are much happier, healthier, and we are all more rested. Kids can recover their childhood and enjoy it while they still can!

Dallas Lutheran School 2

Posted July 18, 2013
We have since moved on to another school from DL, and we are very glad we did. DL has an extremely loyal group of parents who send all their children here year after year, so the great reviews here make sense. However, we personally found the academics to be inferior - absolutely not challenging and lackluster. I'm sure many of the parents at DL have children who made excellent grades and everyone is happy. The problem is it is very easy to make excellent grades at this school, no matter what the student's abilities are. For some parents, that is enough. Most of the teachers at DL have been there forever, and there is very little innovation at the school. Also, the Christian aspect of the school is lacking. There are rather perfunctory chapels that most of the kids yawn through, and then very half-hearted offerings are taken. My daughter was surprised with the attitudes of many of the students and said the goings-on there were just like any urban high school. There were mission trips, but little day-to-day, classroom emphasis on one's faith. I think there are much better Christian schools for the money with much better academics and spiritual emphasis. DL parents won't agree!

Posted April 14, 2013
My son and I choose this school for his High School. Although bright young man he needed to be challenged and at the time was not...He came from a traditional public school environment and upon entering DLS he found it to be different and difficult. After the first term he settled in with the help of a compassionate and dedicated staff. They helped and encouraged him to grow and learn how great he could be. He is now in his sophomore year in college and was been accepted in to Phi Theta Kappa honor society for completing his 4th semester with 4.0. His plans are to attend medical school upon completing his under grad. his comment to me this year was " I would have never been he without DLS" and the dedication and education they helped me with. Just a testimony to the faith based dedication and support at DLS...Best decision we ever made.

Posted February 07, 2012
Our son has made huge progress at DLS and matured into an excellent student with the generous help of his teachers and the Talent Zone coaches. The sports are excellent as well. Very dedicated faculty! We feel blessed to be at DLS.

Posted May 19, 2011
Our daughter is in her 3rd year in attendance at DLS. We are so pleased to have her in an environment of high academic standards. The teachers have high expectations, and are very supportive. Extracurricular activities, especially drama and voice options have engaged our daughter. The campus is small, but nice. The school requires community service activities, which I believe give the students an opportunity to learn how to serve others. We couldn't be more pleased and feel very blessed to have our daughter here. I highly recommend DLS to parents who want to provide a college prep atmosphere for their son or daughter.

Dallas Lutheran School
8494 Stults Road, Dallas, TX  75243
Last modified Dallas Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades 7-12
Dallas Lutheran School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 55 reviews. Top