PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Develops character: Strongly disagree

I can honestly say that this school actually does what it's mission says it does.

TSCA has a wonderful education program! With an after school engineering program, learning tablets and laptops in the classroom, and Spanish classes for preschool children to high school kids, I have not found another school that meets my expectations. The faculty and staff at this school truly care for the students. The small classes and Biblical teaching bring me comfort as a parent.

Not perfect, but then neither am I. People are ernestly working for your child. You have to have a giving heart at TSCA, you just won't be able to resist. God is there right along with traditional and excellent education. A good school, a privilege for any child to attend.

My children have gone to TSCA for years. We enjoy the community atmosphere and the care the faculty and staff put into our children. Another important aspect is knowing my kids are getting a firm foundation in Bible and character education. In addition to daily devotions and Bible classes, they attend weekly chapels where speakers from various local churches deliver messages of truth, hope, and love. I read one negative review that mentioned fines for dress code violations. While that might be frustrating, I must say that my kids, like all the students, are expected to follow dress code and rules in the Student Handbook and can receive fines if they do not. However, at the beginning of the school year, all parents and students are informed of these expectations/consequences and we even sign that we have read these rules. TSCA is not perfect, but I do feel that if I bring any concerns I might have to the administration, they will listen.

I would not recommend TSCA. My son receives fines, for wrong shade of blue tie, for having stars on his socks, no belt, etc. During the first week of school during Open House, many of the teachers wanted to let me know in front of all the other parents what my son was doing wrong in class. No confidentiality at all. This was at an Open House, Not a parent/teacher conference. The 1st week of school, give him a chance. None of these same teachers had anything positive to say about my son. They withhold his report card for a $5 fine. Seems they are not interested in education, but more berating students. If you are looking for a place for your child to be nurtured or encouraged this is not the school. This school does not promote having a mind, thinking outside the box nor creativity. Looking more for robot students. There is hardly any financial assistance and way overpriced for the quality of education received. I would not recommend this school.

My husband and I decided that it was time to take our child OUT of TSCA. The staff here at this school are great and I know no one is perfect but one thing that really got under my skin was the fact that if my child had an assignment missing on Tuesday of one week we wouldn't get a notice until 4 days later and then its no time to make up for that. Homework assignments were lost by some of his teachers. I really didn't understand that. The price that we have to pay for this school is way to high considering the quality of services we received is sad. Not all of the teachers were bad but if I send an email asking questions I would NOT receive an email back. Yes safety is awesome here the kids are well cared for but I really regret not taking my child out after his 8th grade year. I really feel that my child is not prepared for college and it's really hard for him to socialize with other kids of his age. My child came to me and asked if I could please send him to public school because he feels as though he is not advancing enough here. I wish this school well and the students but I am glad I chose to get my child out for the remaining High School years that he has left.

Went there for from 1st-12grade. TSCA failed in high school. They did not have great teachers. My class went through 3 different math teachers in one year. I should have gone to a public school in high school. I regret that and so do my parents. Lacked so much. Charged to much. Kids were not recognized if they got college scholarships. It was really sad. Coach's should not be teaching Economics or History. We would play games in class instead.

Don't be mislead by the dropping rates in enrollment at TSCA over the past decade. There are very good reasons for it. TSCA is NOT appropriate for high school students on a college track. Except for the Math program, the teachers are sub-par. While the class sizes are small and the environment safe, the lack of attention to basic college prep is astonishing. These past two years have been a complete waste of money for our daughter and have required more spending on tutors just to get her ready. Also, contrary to the 'speech' we got during our application process, the religious program at TSCA tends to follow personal dogma rather than the straight text from the Bible. The lessons taught in the compulsory Bible class are more appropriate for the Sci-Fi channel than any religious class I've come across in an academic environment. Given the gaps at the public schools in this area, it is sad that TSCA does not take better care to improve their competitive edge.

My child has been attending for almost a year now, and we've decided to start our other child next year. Private school is expensive in general, but TSCA is more than competitive for the Dallas area. If you visit you will like this school. The leadership and administration are emotionally and academically invested in the children. No school is perfect, and TSCA does have issues with communication. For instance, the school's website does not promote itself very well, and some of the many programs available fail in terms of communicating with the parents about places and times, etc. However, this is more than likely due to the teachers having so much going on. If you visit this school it will make a difference, and should be at the top of your list. They really try to work with you if you're having trouble financially and the atmosphere is very caring and respectful, and they are committed to the community.

My child had attended TSCA since the beginning of elementary thru middle school. Once MS ended, I knew I would put her somewhere else for high school. So I would only recommend the school if your child is of elementary age, anything beyond that is not worth the money (academically speaking). The Administrative staff are very caring and great. But I feel that the teachers are lacking for the secondary portion, perhaps due to their workload. I just felt like there was no effort to help my child with tutoring (she even asked for help), no before or afterschool tutorials, no notification to my child if she had an incomplete for homework. I don't feel like I got what I paid for, and I don't think I'm asking for too much from a private "college preparatory" school. I'm happy to pay double the tuition for a quality secondary education, which I do. And the athletic dept is seriously is lacking.

Last modified Tyler Street Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12