Tyler Street Christian Academy 2

Posted July 26, 2014
My husband and I decided that it was time to take our child OUT of TSCA. The staff here at this school are great and I know no one is perfect but one thing that really got under my skin was the fact that if my child had an assignment missing on Tuesday of one week we wouldn't get a notice until 4 days later and then its no time to make up for that. Homework assignments were lost by some of his teachers. I really didn't understand that. The price that we have to pay for this school is way to high considering the quality of services we received is sad. Not all of the teachers were bad but if I send an email asking questions I would NOT receive an email back. Yes safety is awesome here the kids are well cared for but I really regret not taking my child out after his 8th grade year. I really feel that my child is not prepared for college and it's really hard for him to socialize with other kids of his age. My child came to me and asked if I could please send him to public school because he feels as though he is not advancing enough here. I wish this school well and the students but I am glad I chose to get my child out for the remaining High School years that he has left.

Tyler Street Christian Academy 2

Posted May 23, 2014
Went there for from 1st-12grade. TSCA failed in high school. They did not have great teachers. My class went through 3 different math teachers in one year. I should have gone to a public school in high school. I regret that and so do my parents. Lacked so much. Charged to much. Kids were not recognized if they got college scholarships. It was really sad. Coach's should not be teaching Economics or History. We would play games in class instead.

Tyler Street Christian Academy 1

Posted August 13, 2013
Don't be mislead by the dropping rates in enrollment at TSCA over the past decade. There are very good reasons for it. TSCA is NOT appropriate for high school students on a college track. Except for the Math program, the teachers are sub-par. While the class sizes are small and the environment safe, the lack of attention to basic college prep is astonishing. These past two years have been a complete waste of money for our daughter and have required more spending on tutors just to get her ready. Also, contrary to the 'speech' we got during our application process, the religious program at TSCA tends to follow personal dogma rather than the straight text from the Bible. The lessons taught in the compulsory Bible class are more appropriate for the Sci-Fi channel than any religious class I've come across in an academic environment. Given the gaps at the public schools in this area, it is sad that TSCA does not take better care to improve their competitive edge.

Tyler Street Christian Academy 4

Posted February 05, 2013
My child has been attending for almost a year now, and we've decided to start our other child next year. Private school is expensive in general, but TSCA is more than competitive for the Dallas area. If you visit you will like this school. The leadership and administration are emotionally and academically invested in the children. No school is perfect, and TSCA does have issues with communication. For instance, the school's website does not promote itself very well, and some of the many programs available fail in terms of communicating with the parents about places and times, etc. However, this is more than likely due to the teachers having so much going on. If you visit this school it will make a difference, and should be at the top of your list. They really try to work with you if you're having trouble financially and the atmosphere is very caring and respectful, and they are committed to the community.

Posted January 23, 2013
I have two out of three children who have attended TSCA and my grandchild now attends. I will always regret that my oldest child was not given this opportunity because we had always gone to public school. He succeeded in Dallas, at the best campuses, but the difference is the Christian Foundation. My two graduates received a college preparatory education. One struggled and the teachers and staff nurtured her along and she was very successful in college. My other child attended TSCA his whole life, was well prepared for the large university experience, had an rewarding educational athletic experience at TSCA and graduated university in 4 years. The Christian famliy focus cannot be downplayed. It provides a strong internal preparation for your child. The athletic program focuses on character first, committment, participation, and parental support that leads to rewarding MS and HS athletic experiences. My grandchild is happy and learning the Bible, socialization, technology, music, Spanish and more. She is very happy at TSCA. The price is more than competitive and I believe our children are worth it. No school is perfect but TSCA has 40 years of experience. A good choice!

Tyler Street Christian Academy 3

Posted December 19, 2012
My child had attended TSCA since the beginning of elementary thru middle school. Once MS ended, I knew I would put her somewhere else for high school. So I would only recommend the school if your child is of elementary age, anything beyond that is not worth the money (academically speaking). The Administrative staff are very caring and great. But I feel that the teachers are lacking for the secondary portion, perhaps due to their workload. I just felt like there was no effort to help my child with tutoring (she even asked for help), no before or afterschool tutorials, no notification to my child if she had an incomplete for homework. I don't feel like I got what I paid for, and I don't think I'm asking for too much from a private "college preparatory" school. I'm happy to pay double the tuition for a quality secondary education, which I do. And the athletic dept is seriously is lacking.

Posted May 27, 2012
Two of my boys attended Tyler Street and I couldn't have asked for a more caring, nurturing, and academically challenging environment. I was so excited when my granddaughter finally became old enough to attend. Things are even better now than they were 10 years ago.

Posted October 09, 2011
Two of my sons attended Tyler Street for many years as well as my Bruce and nephew. My Bruce and nephew came to live with my family after their grandmother died. Tyler Street embraced them like family and made the transition as easy as possible. All of my "kids" were challenged academically as well as receiving a strong moral and Christian foundation. I credit TSCA for giving them an attitude to always put God and their service to him at the top of their priorities in life. They are the strong, successful young adults today because Tyler Street.

Posted November 07, 2009
I am currently a Senior at Tyler Street. I have attended since K-5. This school has become my second home. I love the teachers, the staff, faculty and students dearly. They all have truly made a great impact on my life. I have some of my fondest memories at that school. Through the close and loving environment I have made some of the closest and dearest friends I could ever ask for. Having the oppurtunity to literally grow up with some of these people from K-5 unil now has been a true blessing in my life. Academically I have been challenged and stretched. My teachers have always been willing to take time out of there day to make sure I fully understand the subject. I am confident that I will be fully prepared for college next year.

Tyler Street Christian Academy 0

Posted October 13, 2009
Great facilities, excellent faculty, AP and dual credit courses for high school students. My daughter is taking both -- she will have finished two years of college English when she graduates this year.

Tyler Street Christian Academy
915 W 9th St, Dallas, TX  75208
Last modified Tyler Street Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Tyler Street Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top