Dallas, TX
Before care: Yes

Posted November 12, 2014
The best deal in private schools of Dallas hands down! Waited two years for spots to open up here and moved my kids from an uber prestigious private school that was three times more expensive so that we could benefit from this beautiful school with their floor to ceiling windows and natural environment with opportunities to study organic gardening, tend to the chickens, ducks, goats, butterflies and "Willow" the class pet (really, we have a dog at this school in one of the classrooms) since Montessori is intended to be an extension of the home environment, there is no prettier environment in which to learn and when you consider the fact that your children will spend more than half of their waking hours at school, being in a beautiful environment that doesn't feel like the confines of a prison wall matters! I love that the quality of materials and education is seriously superior without taking itself/themselves so seriously. Parental involvement is integral at this school and there's ample opportunities to contribute your time, talents and resources to benefit your children's education(s) and ultimately not feel micromanaged by oppressive rules and regulations like other schools!

Posted November 04, 2014
White Rock Montessori is an wonderful sanctuary for learning. The school provides a community of like-minded people who value education, conservation, courtesy, and individual growth and development - not to say that is all that we value, just that I consistently see those values play out in the actions of the parents, teachers, and staff. My child has been at the school for 8 years and is thriving both academically and socially. The teachers are amazing. The kids are amazing. The focus isn't on scoring well on a particular test, it's about broadly educating our children and teaching them to think for themselves. Of course there have been bumps in the road, but they are always dealt with directly and with the kids' best interests in mind. I don't think there is a better school in Dallas.

Posted October 22, 2014
My son is obtaining a love of learning at White Rock Montessori. He isn't just studying to a test score or a grade, he is involved in hands on learning. He is one picky kid, and knows how to wiggle out of things he doesn't like (only child!), but other than Monday mornings, the kid is up and ready to go to WRM. That just does NOT happen with other activities. My husband and I love this school!!

Posted October 22, 2014
Awesome! We have two children in the program....6th and 8th grade now. They started in pre-K......and we've never looked back. If you want your child to grow and learn how to plan their work....manage their time....set goals....be accountable and responsible...respectfully interact with others....work outside.....and be academically challenged....this is your place. Don't hesitate! If you have never honestly explored The Montessori method....it isn't what you think it is or heard it to be....I was a skeptic too.....and now can't imagine my kids being in traditional setting.... they've done so very well here......wonderful place in every regard. Both our children do very well on State/National Standardized tests. Come see for yourself.....Sue Henry has done masterful job of building a tremendous legacy that will endure for generations to come.

Posted October 22, 2014
White Rock Montessori is a quaint, affordable school located in the heart of east Dallas. Our experience there this year (as a new family to the school) has been phenomenal. The staff are friendly and courteous and the parent involvement is amazing. We love the fact that our daughter is becoming more independent and caring as a result of attending this school. We also love the fact that we can keep her in the same school setting through grade 8. The Montessori program is well organized by grade level and optional extra curriculars are a bonus.

Posted October 06, 2014
Don't make the same mistake I did and overlook the clear examples of bullying I saw while visiting the school. I dismissed obvious cliques formed in preschool because of the reputation and school setting. In certain classes, mean girls rule. Moms at playdates actually tell their 5-year-old not to eat too much because they will get fat. Montessori education only works if the parents and teachers are onboard to treat each other kindly. This is just not the case here.

Posted February 15, 2014
Probably the worst school this side of the lake. Long overdue for a new director, ineffective "teaching", and bullying by the teachers. The other students and parents are nice, it's the administration that is lacking. Be prepared to supplement your child's education with tutoring or having to hold him/her back once you get out in the academic world. This school scores terribly on standardized testing and doesn't seem to care. Blaming Montessori is not the real answer there are other montessoris that score well.

Posted February 04, 2014
I am a former teacher from WhiteRock, who taught in the Pre-School for 4 years. After working in several Montessori schools in Dallas and North Carolina and England, I feel I need to comment. WhiteRock is the most professional school I have worked out, out of 20 years teaching experience. Contrary to several comments that the teachers training is lacking - I found that the teachers at WhiteRock had more prior academic training (degrees especially) and a great wealth of Montessori qualifications. Montessori is not patented, so many schools can say they are Montessori, but they are not - WhiteRock is an authentic Montessori environment. It is also the only Montessori school I have worked in where the Director observes the teachers regularly, assess them and is fully aware of what is going on in the classrooms and has a daily hand in situations that may occur. I had never witnessed any bullying - on the contrary, it was a most peaceful and exemplary school, always leading the children by example.

Posted December 08, 2013
MY SCHOOL ROCKS!!!! I am currently an eighth grader at White Rock Montessori, and the school is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I have gone there for eleven years and my sister went for eleven years before me. I thoroughly enjoy going to school every day and love my teachers. There has never been any staffing issues, and the vast majority of the kids love their teachers. Not only do we have amazing programs (just one example: BBBS- where the older kids get a preschool buddy and get to play with them once a month) we have amazing assignments. I have never said I don't want to go to school in the morning except when I feel bad. Do not listen to those people who say our school is bad- they have never gone. And by the way, our Principal is amazing, we all love her. Hippy chicken school all the way!

Posted September 24, 2013
The grounds and facility are beautiful, however the director is cold and judgmental. The pre-K teachers vary greatly.

White Rock Montessori School
1601 Oates Drive, Dallas, TX  75228
Last modified White Rock Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
White Rock Montessori School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top