2-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Dallas Academy changed my son's life (and our home life!) Before DA, my son hated going to school. He always felt behind his peers both academically and socially and basically gave up on school. Once we found DA, he blossomed in the classroom. He now has friends, loves his teachers, and has tried so many new activities including sport and musicals. His grades are better and has even starting to think about college. He is a new kid!

Effective school leaders: Strongly agree

I have always has positive interactions with administration. Any concerns that I have had have been quickly addressed. I have met with the principal to discuss plans for my son's future.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The STARRS program focuses on character development. I always enjoy hearing the topic of the week and what was discussed in my son's STARRS class.

Supports LD students: Strongly agree

Every teacher is at DA because they WANT to work with LD students. They understand my son and push him when he needs to be pushed and nurture when he needs hand holding.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

So supportive. My son meets with his teachers before school on a regular basis to be sure he understands the material.

Amount of homework: Strongly agree

My son is no longer inundated with hours of homework. He has enough to keep him invested in his studies but not too much to be overwhelming for all of us.

This is not the school you want your child to go to. They state they help with learning disabilities. I didn't see it. Once they have your money, the rest goes downhill from there. My son was bullied from the principal, a couple of teachers, and students. They preach against it, yet my child was so unhappy. We had problems with class schedules. The principal did nothing to help us. We tried before school started to have the schedule changed and principal did not care what we wanted. This happened two years in a row. My child went in the 8th grade on a 7th grade reading level. They said we would see a great improvement. When we finally pulled him out of the school (3 years later), we had his diagnostic testing done, he was on a 6th grade reading level. I do not see where he advanced in his education at all. We placed him at this school because they told us they can help with all types of LD. Only a few teachers seemed qualified to do so. There are others that seem they have no idea how to even teach. I have seen a huge improvement over my son with his self-esteem, school work, and maturity since I have pulled him out of the school.

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

Bullying happens from principal, from teachers, and from students. Nothing is done about it.

Supports LD students: Disagree

They say they can help. Some teachers know what they are doing. However, the teachers that have no idea how to teach LD students do more harm than good.

Effective school leaders: Strongly disagree

They need a new principal desperately! She has no idea how to handle problems appropriately. She has no idea how to schedule students. She needs to learn about different LD problems. She needs to understand that just because a student is a certain age, the students mental age is different.

Last modified Dallas Academy is a Private school that serves grades 2-12