Dallas, TX

Posted October 23, 2013
I love Ursuline! Ursuline is designed for the female student who wants to succeed academically and have a good social life. I did not come from one of the Catholic feeder schools (St. Rita, St. Johns, All Saints, Prince of Peace, etc.) but all the girls accepted me immediately. The extra-curricular activities are excellent. There is pretty much a club for everyone at UA, and if you can't find one that's right for you, you can start one! The teachers are fantastic at their subjects and are helpful to every student. It is true that teachers/administrators do not want to hear from parents, but that is because they want to girls to learn to speak up for themselves, as a part of becoming mature. Like the last commenter, I did not get any honors classes my first year, but they are willing to help anyone who shows interest in advancing further. Their math and science department are fantastic, so I'm no sure what those comments are all about. Overall, Ursuline is a kind, challenging environment where girls are interested in learning and doing their very best. If you have a daughter and are looking for a good private high school, do not pass UA up!

Ursuline Academy of Dallas 4

Posted February 20, 2013
I graduated from Ursuline back in 2011 and it seems like just yesterday I was there. For parents/students who didn't consider Ursuline as a first choice for your child, don't worry. Ursuline wasn't my first choice but I went there after getting financial aid. I can honestly say now that I'm happy I chose to go here. The classes were challenging but they are do-able. Go into the Academy with an open mind. I was so happy to find that people at school were helpful and really cared. I'm still in contact with some of my former teachers and I absolutely love the friends I made while I was at Ursuline.

Posted February 12, 2013
From day one of freshman year, teachers are prepared to work with students. Each year, teachers teach differently according to the student's grade level. Ultimately, Ursuline Academy high school students are college level graduates who can work independently off of texts and can handle academic discussion. Additionally, they graduate from a school that values tradition and their motto of "SERVIAM" or "I WILL SERVE".

Posted October 29, 2012
I graduated from Ursuline and loved every minute of high school and, because I was prepared and ready for it, I have loved every minute of college. Ursuline trains students to take pride in their work, to be independent citizens and to balance their academic and social lives.

Posted November 13, 2011
I LOVE URSULINE. Although it is challenging, I'm so peppered for college academically and socially. I have made life long friends here. I was the only person from my school to make it to UA and absolutely loved it. Yes, its true if you don't work hard, you definitely won't make it but it builds character. Plus, everyone else is in the same position you are. As for the administration not caring, i find that to be false as well. All my teachers dedicated time to my understanding of the concepts being taught. Its a great place, great environment and prepares students for the future.

Ursuline Academy of Dallas 2

Posted October 17, 2011
My daughter will graduate from UA this year in the top 10% of her class, with great grades and fabulous test scores. But she paid a steep price. She had no life outside of academics. Ursuline prepares them for college by immersing them in 4 years of competitive college level work. (I teach college.) Parents have no voice whatsoever. The rules and curriculum are unyielding. The administration does NOT care to hear from parents at all except to donate money. Teachers do not have longevity, and the math and college counseling dept are exceptionally poor. My daughter will be prepared academically for college but not socially. I would not send another child there, despite the excellent academic preparation. It's not worth it.

Posted February 27, 2011
Ursuline is the best, period. I have never spent time with such genuine girls. The environment is competitive but highly collaborative and supportive-- girls build each other up instead of tear each other down. Another great thing about Ursuline is its approachable, involved teachers and the quirky but firm administration. The academics are excellent-- except for the math department, which is laughably incompetent to the point where I have given up on it. UA is very strong in humanities with a variety of social studies electives to chose from. The English and history departments are excellent. Teachers lecture without notes and makes these classes engaging and discussion-based. I have so much fun here it doesn't even feel like school. I'm a junior now, and Ursuline has yet to "get old". Ursuline takes naive teenagers and turns them into young women. I've seen the change in myself and in my classmates. The alma mater does not lie when it says "Ursuline Academy, in our hearts you'll always be". Thank you, Ursuline.

Ursuline Academy of Dallas 1

Posted January 23, 2011
I went to Ursuline for a year and it was the worst learning environment that I have ever encountered. The teachers do not care about individual students, if you do not have a high aptitude for a subject then expect to be ignored. If you dont come from one of the big private grade schools (st. Rita, st. Marks, st. Monica, st. Pats) that you will probably have lots of trouble making friends. Ursuline is a school for genius park city princesses.

Posted December 22, 2010
I have two very different daughters that attend Ursuline. They both found their own paths to success while they've been there (one has a learning disability that Ursuline accommodates.) The teachers and administration genuinely want the girls to succeed and will do what it takes for them to reach their goals.

Posted December 02, 2010
I wrote an interview earlier this year and over these couple of months, the curriculum is challenging. If you do not do your work, you are going to be behind. You have to be on your toes at all times and try your best. If not, good luck to you. I have been doing very well and I have God to thank for that! Our motto, Serviam, is being drilled into our lives by the teachers and head leaders of this school. It is almost the end of the semester and I hope the next of the year goes great for me, my classmates, and my teachers!

Ursuline Academy of Dallas
4900 Walnut Hill Ln, Dallas, TX  75229
Last modified Ursuline Academy of Dallas is a Private school that serves grades 10-12
Ursuline Academy of Dallas Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 44 reviews. Top