Dallas, TX

The Fairhill School 4

Posted June 17, 2014
In our metroplex, there are plenty of private school options for children who do not fit in the public school box. As parents it is our responsibility to pick the best one for our student which meets their current needs. That said, when we found Fairhill School we were looking for a school that could provide our child with ADHD and social development skills while still challenging them intellectually, as well as offering a full range of athletic team sports and extracurricular programs. In short, we wanted the full school experience in a smaller environment. In our three years at Fairhill, we have found exactly that. As no school is perfect and with all schools, just dropping your student off may not provide the outcome you desire. By staying involved, we have been able to not only experience growth with our child, but also show our interest in their success. We have certainly been pleased with our decision and would encourage you to visit and see if it is the right fit for your child. We are glad we did

The Fairhill School 4

Posted May 24, 2014
My son is graduating from the Fairhill School in Dallas this May. He transferred from a large public school in the 6th grade where there was no understanding of dyslexia within the district. Fairhill provided a small classroom environment with teacher's who are supportive, knowledgeable &provide a rigorous curriculum. In public school, the services my son was offered lowered the level of his instruction, at Fairhill he was expected to take responsibility for his learning and rise to his ability level and beyond. By the time he entered the upper school he was in honor's reading , responsible for literary criticism at a college level, honor's physics, Spanish 3, editing & working on the Talon Times Newspaper for the school which got him invited to SMU for lecture series, Fairhill is a school where your child can rise the highest levels imaginable and not get lost in the shuffle, but like any school, it is up to the student to learn to learn. Fairhill provides the tools, the instruction, the supportive atmosphere, but if a student has behavioral issues, this is not the place, there is zero tolerance. My son is off to college this fall thanks in a big part to Fairhill!

Posted April 20, 2014
Leadership is poor at best. Unfair treatment of students and staff. Chaos, drugs and destructive behaviors are rampant. If you're looking for positive role models and a good education then run the other direction. Public school has more to offer and it's free.

Posted March 24, 2014
Fairhill is a horrible school, do not waste your time and money. This school should be shut down. The teachers bully the students.

Posted March 02, 2014
The Fairhill School of Dallas gives the appearance of a nice school beside the road, backed by the woods, and surrounded by the trees, as well as the homeless. However, The Fairhill School is more interested in your money than your child. Their School Handbook is nothing more than words. They don't necessarily follow it, so don't expect them to. Parents are disgusted that Fairhill does not monitor the social media sites their students follow or post on. Inappropriate material is not allowed, according to the handbook. Unfortunately, this school doesn't back up their handbook., The Fairhill staff will even "like" or approve your kid's inappropriate pics or postings as they see fit. Several of their teachers are outstanding. Many are just there to monitor classrooms. If you're looking to drop your kid here for education and morals, you've chosen the wrong location. This school is nothing more than a public school posing as a private one, and charging money to do so.

Posted September 16, 2013
Awesome school excellent technology based curriculum that prepares students for a college future! Keep up the good work!

Posted July 08, 2013
We have had our child at Fairhill 5 years. The teachers we have had have been very helpful, and when our child wasn't performing to expectations, we were notified and were able to arrange after school tutoring to help him get to level or beyond. If you are a parent and care about your child, you must have a working relationship with the teachers and the administration. It takes a lot of work from the student, the teachers, and the parents to get the child to be a success. I can honestly say if we had stuck to public school, I would be writing a failure story and not a success story, because believe me, by the end of 4th grade, we were heading in that direction. I was frustrated as a parent. My son was frustrated as a student. His self esteem was going to trash. He wasn't getting the help he needed and everything he was being taught was teaching to the State mandated TAKS testing, instead of teaching him the reading, writing and arithmetic life skills he needs to get along in life. I can truly say we would not be dreaming about college right now if we had kept our son in public schools. However, by staying at Fairhill my son now has a chance to be a success in life.

Posted January 16, 2013
My daughter moved from The Shelton School in Dallas to Fairhill. Shelton is Montessori based which wasn't a good fit for my daughter. My daughter has focus issues and the noise level in the Shelton classroom environment was extremely prohibitive to success. Fairhill, on the other hand, is a much more advanced curriculum than Shelton. They use a teacher guided multi-sensory approach to teach traditional school subjects. So far, it seems to be a perfect fit. The teachers and administration have taken a great interest in my daughter, and her attitude toward school work has already improved tremendously.

Posted December 22, 2012
Be wary of this school, parents! Our daughter was struggling in public school, so we searched for private school as an alternative. Fairhill admitted her on a temporary basis, but kicked her out after only being there 2 weeks. They claimed she was disruptive to other students by not doing her own work. A couple of the teachers were very understanding, but most of them had the "sink or swim" attitude (not what a child with low self-esteem needs). They promised that the teachers would sign her agenda every day to help her keep up with her assignments, and only one teacher really did that. We bought books, a uniform and paid $3,000 for tuition and fees so that she could go there 4 weeks! Without discussion, they asked her not to return. How sad, because despite the broken promises, our daughter was actually doing better in this school and her grades showed it. I would not recommend this school to anyone.

Posted December 05, 2012
My son came to Fairhill in 9th grade after he struggled in a public school to the point that he had no self esteem and hated learning. Fairhill has turned his life and his parents lives around. He now loves school, his self esteem is back and he is learning to cope with his learning differences with the wonderful support he gets from his teachers. He is not afraid to ask for help and is willing to go to tutoring if needed. He gets to do all the extra curricular activities he wants to and has time for. I truly believe had my son stayed in a public school he would have been a high school drop-out, now I see him going to college. My only regret is that I didn't send him to Fairhill earlier.

The Fairhill School