No rating

White Rock North School

Private | PK-6

Living in Dallas

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $224,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $750.

Posted August 20, 2007

Unique campus with great academic programs...well above that of a public school. A lack of organized sports is easily overcome by involvement in the community sport association. Parent involvement can be lacking, but that's at their own choice. The school is family-run BUSINESS and has been around for 40+ years...I think that speaks for itself. The principal does a fine job with the ever changing environment (turn-over). But, you can always go pay 25-50% more in tuition for your child to attend a religious private school sans horse, pool, skating rink. Or, just keep paying your taxes and send your child to the local public school...again, sans horse, pool, and skating rink. I'm pleased with my experience at WRN, to say the least. I can't say the same for the parents I've met here. Very demanding group of individuals (perhaps they should open their own schools).

Posted August 20, 2007

It was with great sorrow that I learned the excellent head of the upper school would not be returning for the 2007 school year. I have had children at this school for five years and have been overall very satisfied. I believe that the head of the school was almost wholly responsible for the quality of the teaching staff and the curriculum and for the wonderful safe and homey atmosphere.

Posted August 20, 2007

We believe, the WRNS family business gets in the way of this school realizing its full potential. Apparently it wasn't this way 40 years ago when it began, but generations change. I'm yet another disgruntled parent who is now forced to look at other schools.

Posted August 20, 2007

As a parent of a former WRN student, I can tell you that I tried to be involved, but the school often gets in the way of keeping strong teachers and other decisions that would benefit the school. This has not been a great back to school so far.

Posted August 16, 2007

White Rock North School has been a complete disappointment to my husband and me. Overall, the quality of the education is just not there for the tuition dollars. We thought our kids would have more advantages by attending a small, private, family-run school, but we have found a much better school experience with our local public school.

Posted August 16, 2007

Completely agree - poor, poor administration and prinipal leadership. Common themes here.

Posted July 31, 2007

We were at this school for a while. I have to say that we believe that the negative reviews of the administration more accurately represent our experience. At first we thought that the negative vibe here was just a few folks, but over time we came to realise that it is the general consensus. The class size does contribute to the positive teacher feedback, but we felt that our children's social development was severely hampered . The negative reviews should serve as a warning.

Posted July 9, 2007

Have been at White Rock for 5 years. My son graduated last year and he and his classmates scored very highly on the entrance tests that they took to get into Junior High. Excellent academics! My daughter in 2nd Grade is working a grade level ahead and achieving excellent grades. This is a very safe, nurturing school with great teachers and an excellent PE and Music program. The families are great, very involved with their children. The school is affordable, meals are excellent, and the after school program is very convenient for working parents. Discipline is good. Tour the school and see for yourself.

Posted June 27, 2007

Have been at this school for a while and there are some great teachers and some not so great. The administration is terrible. It's a shame because the school is potentially great. Wish someone else would buy it and turn it into a good school.

Posted May 27, 2007

White Rock starts off great first impression, but it doesn't last for the long run. Good teachers, the low cost, and location are appealing, but I was greatly dissatisfied with the quality of the administration and the principal's ability to lead the school. I think this severely hampers the school's future. We were initially attracted to the school's curriculum like art, Spanish, music and swimming. (There are no athletics, however.) I found the teachers were above average. They were genuinely excited about the students. We were forewarned about the administration but discounted it at first. Unfortunately it proved to be an issue for us like many other parents. Why take the risk with our child's educational success? We moved on to other options.

Posted May 22, 2007

My daughter absolutely loves going to school! She has two of the best teachers; Ms. Gran and Ms. Susan ( there is a 3rd teacher, but we just met her). It is apparent that these two teachers love their job and love the children! I have seen such an awesome change in Madelyn's behavior, vocabulary, and her overall abilities to communicate with us. She is two 1/2 years old and she and the rest of her classmates can say the pledge of allegiance, tell the name of the school and where it is at, tell what city and state they live in, and more. If you have a child who is about to turn 2, then I would, without hesitation, recommend that you have the pleasure, and experience of having these two wonderful people as your child's teacher!

Posted May 18, 2007

I can't say enough about White Rock North Private School. It is wonderful because the children work ahead of there grade level and they are very polite. Everything is great about this school, my 2 kids go there now and are so sad that they have leave for the summer. Not for long they also have a wonderful summer program. I love this school and will keep my children there for as long as I can. :)
—Submitted by a former student

Posted April 27, 2007

It's important for any parent to understand that yes, there are some wonderful educators at the school. We moved on to another school after too many negative experiences with the head of school and the teachers' hands were always tied by the management. It's a shame.

Posted April 14, 2007

I beg to differ, I think the principal cares a great deal about the students.My daughter had a wonder experience, and I love the class sizes were small and the home room teacher was wonderful. Rena Lawrence

Posted April 4, 2007

When we were there, we were frustrated with the lax approach to security (high foot traffic in and out of the building with little to no supervision on who was in and out of the school).

Posted March 24, 2007

The director of the elementary school is strong however there are a lot of issues with the principal's leadership as others have noted. The class size seems to have gotten smaller (combined grades in the same classroom).

Posted March 13, 2007

Despite having a few excellent teachers, the principal brings this school to new lows. Unfortunately for students and parents, the few good teachers that they have are severely overshadowed by those ultimately in charge. If I were you, and I was you at one time, I would dismiss this school as a possibility and pursue any other option that you have.

Posted March 9, 2007

We didn't last long at this school. The principal has no business being in this environment. None whatsoever. I would warn parents to look elsewhere.

Posted February 16, 2007

The Elementary School teachers are incredible and they are led by a great head of department. parents are kept informed through a Monday letter from the teachers. My son's teacher is young but very knowlegable and very committed and she has grteat discipline. The curriculum is very challenging and the children are required to work hard. The annual science, history and art fair is excellent. The children are rewarded for hard work every 6 weeks and the reward system of gaining Mustang bucks to spend at the school store is very motivating. There is an after care program. The school is safe and parental involvement is welcomed.

Posted February 4, 2007

It's a decent school -- the teachers are the real differentiators. We've been attending for a year now. And it's nice that Mr. Adams, the founder, is still there. He seems to make a difference versus the headmaster, his daughter. I have seen people and even staff struggle with her and her decisions about the school. (We have had issues as well.) The enrollment is not always what the people in the front office say it is. In the grade school, there are several grades that are combined and their new 7th grade has only one student. But, again, there are some really excellent teachers (and families) there.

Asian or Pacific Islander 11% 4%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab