No rating

White Rock North School

Private | PK-6

Living in Dallas

Situated in an urban neighborhood. The median home value is $224,500. The average monthly rent for a 2 bedroom apartment is $750.

Posted January 13, 2009

Our child has been at White Rock North School for the last year. This school is great. They combine the perfect mix of physical, emotional and social activities for active children. Everyone is always friendly and the administration is top notch. Our energetic son loves it! (At four and a half years old he's reading and communicating at a six year level.) Ms. Keeling is the best.

Posted December 11, 2008

My two-year old started at WRN over the summer. I am so pleased with the teachers and the education she is getting, she sings, knows her letters and numbers and many other things she never worked on at ther previous shcool (a daycare) for about the same tuition. She loves her teachers and talks about them often. We are staring our infant there in the new year.

Posted October 30, 2008

White Rock North is now run by a new, wonderful director and the original owner of the school. My 3 year old and 11 month old have been there they were 6 weeks old. White Rock has to be one of the best private schools in Dallas. The academics are serious, even for a three year old but there is structure and love and fun everywhere. There are so many special things for the children, a pool with lessons, a horse, three playgrounds, a roller rink and incredible caring teachers that will feel like family. Besides all of this my 3 year old is definitely at least a year ahead of children her age when it comes to socializing, listening and intelligence. This is a fabulous school that teaches valuable lessons and unequalled skills every day.

Posted August 1, 2008

There are some wonderful teachers at this school. However, I agree with the post below that the low enrollment at the grade school has brought down the quality of the entire school. They need to scrap the entire grade school and focus on the preschoolers where the bulk of their enrollment is. They have 10-15 kids total in grades 1-6 who occupy a big, spacious new building, but they cram 15 three yr olds into tiny windowless rooms in the old building. And the 'Corner Cottage' is even worse. We will not be returning this year.

Posted July 5, 2008

We were quite disappointed in the school's grade school last year and have decided not to return. I believe the school's grade school has suffered with low enrollment. 2-4 children per grade, for example. The administration is difficult to work with and we found they didn't keep regular office hours during school hours. I believe the school has problems keeping the best teachers. Over the last 2 years, our favorite and most qualified teachers went on the other schools each year.

Posted June 25, 2008

I can't say enough about how well run the summer program at this school is! My kids never want to leave at the end of the day! Ilove that the kids are challenged and still have fun. I never thought we'd give up Lakewood , but I'm in love with this school and how much the staff really love the kids! We're attending the school this fall.

Posted May 31, 2008

I had my son here since he was 11 months old. My son now 13 years old misses the school something bad. This is his first year being gone and wishes he could return. This school is like a tight knit family even a year later and I still get the calls asking ' how is he doing?' I couldnt have asked for a better school and experience. Yes, you do run into some problems from time to time. However, everyone will take the time to sit down with you and talk whatever your concern is out. Had this school been so bad as some have written.... as a single, high maintaince mom I would have never left my child here.

Posted March 7, 2008

We love our principal! Mrs. Adams always looks out for the best interest of the students even when her decisions aren't popular. She always has so much energy and the families love her for it. She visits the classes daily and believe it or not, she knows all 400+ students... and their parents!

Posted September 30, 2007

We have been very disappointed in the grade school this year, particularly in the way the school is run. Several parents and I have tried to discuss these issues with the head of school this year, but when she's approached, she's either too busy with her swim classes or pushes off parent concerns to 'difficult' parents. High teacher turn over and a dwindling student population should be red flags to the administration.

Posted September 6, 2007

My son has attended WRNS for three years now and I can say that I am very pleased with this school and the outstanding staff

Posted September 4, 2007

I am a WRNS alum and was excited to have my son attend the Corner Cottage, etc., but was disappointed by (lack of) discipline and overall safety and left. Poor administration, thanks to a principal who, while has the credentials (apparently), completely lacks tact with parents or sincerity/concern for the school's staff and children. We loved most of the teachers, but some weren't qualified or completely 'with it'. I'm looking elsewhere.

Posted September 4, 2007

The preschool and cottage are awesome. My 2 year old can recite the pledge of allegiance, count to 20+, knows more nursery rhymes than I do, etc. I'm not a private school snob (then again, I was raised on long island where they're not very needed). My son goes to public school nearby. But, I wish I had him enrolled there when he was young. It would have made a major difference when he started kindergarten in RISD. We can't afford private and moved to an area with good public schools (right near White Rock North). But, rest assured, your kids are getting a good education at White Rock North.

Posted September 4, 2007

Regarding the parent who posted that she had a good eperience with her child in the corner cottage and wished her other child could attend the WRN grade school, there's a big difference between the day care versus elementary school. In my estimation, WRN is not equipped to handle children beyond kindergarten. Day care is one thing, but I'd look elsewhere for school.

Posted September 3, 2007

We were very disappointed to arrive at school and find that our favorite teacher and head of the grade school had left. We really believe that she was the reason that the school was so good and we would not have returned if we had known that she would not be there. We have no option but to stay this year but we will not be back next year. Poor management, unhappy parents, sad children and dissatisfied teachers=a negaitive school experience.

Posted August 31, 2007

I have had a child at this school for four years and until this year was very happy. Unfortunately, management problems and a lack of guidance from the principal have lead to many, many unhappy parents and unhappy teachers. The quality of instruction is suffering due to the general negative atmosphere and also due to the dis-satisfaction of the staff. I have no choice at this time but to find another school to move my child to. I regret having to make this decision but I feel that this school is not able to provide my child with what she needs at this time.

Posted August 26, 2007

Teachers are excellent at this school. Caring and loving environment. My child loves to swim and skate at this school. Disgruntled parents exist in every school. I have been very pleased with my experience at this school.

Posted August 25, 2007

The school's enrollment is dwindling due to a mostly absent principal, dissatisfied parents, several recent teacher departures (including a really stellar director of the elementary school) and inconsistencies with what the administration told us during enrollment.

Posted August 23, 2007

I believe the school does not operate the way it's marketed on the school's web site or during school tours. When we brought up minor issues or concerns about activities, safety, continuity in the classroom due to high teacher turnover, our questions fell on deaf ears. I also agree with the recent posting about cleanliness as well. The front office and other play areas are in disarray; it's organized chaos. However, I will say our teacher's classroom reflected her -- clean and orderly.

Posted August 22, 2007

Cleanliness is an issue. There never seemed to be soap in the classrooms or bathrooms. Teacher concerns fell on deaf ears! 3 year olds doing pencil and paper work instead of hands on acitivies like sand/water play, nursery ryhmes, fingerplays, etc. is not appropriate. Children need social, emotional and physical stimulation. The general lack of respect for teachers' time, families and sanity is sad. Also when children are sick there is no nurse; nor do they send out alerts!

Posted August 20, 2007

I am an alumni of this school and made a very conscious decision to send my kids back to my alma mater. I would challenge anyone to fill Mrs. Adams' shoes and try for just one day to juggle all that she does. Better yet, come in and be a part of making this great school even better. Any parent that thinks she's unapproachable must not really know her. She keeps me laughing all of the time and I find it charming that she taught me and is now teaching my kids!

Asian or Pacific Islander 11% 4%

Science, Technology, Engineering, & Math (STEM)

• Computer lab