Dallas, TX
Before care: Yes

Fellowship Christian Academy 4

Posted September 24, 2014
I really love this school. Sure things are not perfect but I made the decision to try public school last year and lets just say it was a very bad experience. My child went from testing above grade level leaving FCA to below in one year. Now that she has returned, I see the joy she has going to school. She wants to learn and brings home so many interesting facts everyday. Sure things are not perfect. But I truly believe they care about my childs future. I feel welcome to communicate with her teachers when needed. No you cannot slack at FCA. They will not just pass you through. In public school my child made almost straight A's but did not know how to complete her homework. The administration has changed many times since I have been there but it never affected the classroom as far as I could tell. The new Principal is very loving and makes the children feel comfortable talking to her. She has also set the parents straight about a few new rules. A good balance of tough and loving which is what you need. Christian education is what you get at FCA. Yes it is the beginning of the year and I'm sure there will be things that come up, but this so far is the best place for us.

Posted September 04, 2014
My child attends this school for second grade. I love the values and ethics in which the teachers all work under. They have awesome extracurricular activities and keep the kids busy, whether academics or learning adventures (field trips) highly recommend to anyone looking for a good school with Christian values.

Fellowship Christian Academy 2

Posted August 14, 2014
HORRIBLY DISORGANIZED ADMISSIONS PROCESS! In July my husband and I called to verify that spots for the 2014 school year. We were given verbal confirmation by the Sec. that 3 spots were currently showing. We completed the app. and verified with the front office staff 3 sep times that we were applying for an open spot. The front office staff verified that we would not be able to apply for a spot unless one were open. After participating in the interview process 2 weeks later, we were informed that there were in fact no open spots available. The DOA informed us that she had made an admissions process change recently. Parents were to apply for spots regardless to rather any spots were open and if none were available that they would be placed in a pool. A few days after school began I called to check to see if any spots had become available. A DIFFERENT woman checked the system and told us there was 1 showing as of Mon. I emailed the DOA & principal to inquire if any spots had become available. The DOA emailed me directly and again ccing the principal that there were currently no spots available. How could there still be a miscommunication between front staff and the DOA?

Fellowship Christian Academy 4

Posted July 22, 2014
I feel that this school has the potential to be GREAT.. however sadly there are a lot of issues with the teaching techniques. The atmosphere is not nurturing but more military style. My daughter started with a very outgoing happy personality but now cowards and looks at you very timidly. The cost of the Early Childhood Program is very reasonable however I question if I have made the right decision although no place is perfect my daughter disliked going here. I will be moving my daughter at the end of the school year into a more diverse environment so that my daughter is happy to attend school. In spite of my daughter not wanting to go to school each day the school did teach her a lot education wise. I feel that the administrator should allow and train the teachers to have more of a FUN teaching style oppose to the concept that its easier to control the kids if they are afraid. Good teachers with experience are slim here.

Fellowship Christian Academy 3

Posted June 20, 2014
My child has been there since PreK. My advce: withdraw your child after third grade. Seems to go down hill from there...

Fellowship Christian Academy 1

Posted June 02, 2014
I debated whether or not to post a review, but since it appears the others are a lot older, I figured I'd give some current information. The school has a great reputation built around great teachers and Admin staff. Over the last 3-4 years there has been many changes in both areas. This past school year, 3 teachers were responsibe for teaching Math, Science and Language Arts to grades 5-8. They have had a Principal come and go, and the new Admin is having trouble leading the flock. If you are interested in this school, then ask many questions about the staff turnover rate and test scores. Several parents had to hire tutors for their kids during the school year.

Posted February 26, 2014
Excellent school! Our child's (3) teacher always challenges her class with new concepts and ideas. The staff and administration are committed to providing a strong quality education.

Posted August 04, 2013
My children have attended FCA the last 5 years and they have grown tremendously. I love the teachers and the staff.

Posted July 26, 2012
FCA has been a true blessing to my daughters education. Everyone is very professional and you can see the passion that they have for education. It's always nice to walk through the halls and see all the hardwork the students are doing. This school definately exceeds expectations. It makes not just the child work hard but the parents as well. There have been many times that I found myself helping my child research and prepare projects for class. You cannot slack off at FCA. The best part of FCA is the fact that I feel my child is in a safe enviornment with teachers that truly care about each any every student and that to me is pricesless. :-)

Fellowship Christian Academy 3

Posted July 06, 2011
Our child has been at FCA preschool over the past year and we have been disappointed in the leadership of the school. Prior to getting into the school parents must attend an orientation where the administration sells a false bill of goods on how organized and great the school is, and how the administrators are really on top of things. However, once our child was enrolled we saw a totally different face. The administration is hostile towards parents and does not want parental participation or feedback. The administration is not progressive and points out to parents that the school is a step child and school business takes a back seat to church business. Tuition paying parents are nickeled and dimed to death with requests for donations of books, rugs, learning tools, etc. to the school. Most of the teachers are great, but some are lazy and parents MUST stay involved in order to protect your children. FCA has a wonderful curriculum both academically and spiritually, but this is clouded by the shoddy administration. Most of the staff are members of the church and there are cliques that can't be penetrated and hold the school back from advancing.

Fellowship Christian Academy
1808 West Camp Wisdom Road, Dallas, TX  75232
Last modified Fellowship Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Fellowship Christian Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 50 reviews. Top