PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

I send my 5y old to this school. We checked out all of the montessori schools in the area and really felt that this school has a passion for montessori education that well surpassed the others. Now that my child attends the school, we know that we made the right decision. Our trust in the school and the educators only grows stronger every time we interact with them whether it be for disciplinary, medical, or educational concerns.

My 3rd grader left this school after being there since the age of 4 and is repeating 3rd grade at a public school. My son has dyslexia as well as ADHD. It isn't something that you couldn't notice. When a child is constantly writing backwards and cannot sit still, you don't just sit there and let them run a muck like they did for my son. The bad thing about this was that when I would ask how my son was doing, the teacher would lie to my face every single time and show me the materials he'd mastered. I saw the problem and addressed it MANY times to both the principal and the teacher. Both promised things would change and nothing did. I decided to purchase my own materials and see what my son knew at home. When my daughter, who also attended there, sat down to help my son, I was floored when I found out she didn't know how to do any of it! If you don't want to be lied to about how well your child is doing, if you don't want your child to be berated, if your child cries like someone is going to kill him before going in the school every morning ... RED FLAG. Do not send your child here. Never again!

DMA has taught my child many things. He is a hard worker and they have taught him to budget his time well. Other than that, they have taught him how to ignore when bad things happen. He has had to witness children being belittled and berated. He has had to put up with his teacher and the school director, both of whom are in their 60's, fighting and nagging each other like children. He has made some life long friends at this school, the kinds you make when you are in combat.

DMA is absolutely an amazing example of Maria Montossori's vision of an educational experience / environment, even if the location seems out of place. The Director and his teachers not only know my child personally, they KNOW him. They encourage their students in all aspects of their life and it truly shows in the relationships that have been made that I'm sure will be life-time for my child.

My daughter has been at Dallas Montessori Academy since Pre-K . My husband and I were surprised at how much she was learning. She has been performing one grade above where she is since Pre-K. I have met several parents that went to DMA and are now sending their children here. The teachers are excellent. We would get regular updates from the teachers. Mrs. Paulik, Director, is passionate about Montessori, learning and parent involvement. The tuition is quite reasonable. Once we came by and toured the school we knew this was the perfect place for our daughter.

My son goes there and I love it. We went another montessori school before this one and I was shocked to see how much my son had not learned. DMA has helped us get him up to speed and now he will be going into the 3rd grade with his peers. I am also very pleased with the cost of the school I was paying close to a 1000.00 a month for school and now I am not and I know my son is in a caring enviroment that allows hi to be himself. I plan to keep him there as long as I can.

I absolutely love this school! My daughter loves it as well. Her teacher genuinely cares for the children. This is our first year there, but looking forward to many more years.

Last modified Dallas Montessori Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8