Posted October 22, 2014
To the parent that posted yesterday I posted on Saturday 18, I greatly appreciate your time in that post as I have seriously considered leaving them in current school and hiring tutors to get what I feel they are missing with the money I would spend on ESD I can certainly pay twice the tutors and get the best ones out there , I can even do their history classes by traveling to places which also will teach them geography . There was a recent study done in which many parents are actually doing this and there children are thriving . They place them in public schools and depending where you live there are many 5 star public schools and invest in tutors and extracurricular activities such as language , art , music of course sports and other interest . Thank you so much for your post as I am weighing many things.

Episcopal School of Dallas Pk-1 3

Posted October 21, 2014
The ESD Lower School can be a great school, but it depends wholly on which teacher you get. The teachers are very inconsistent, and the administration turns its head because of parent pressure. Some teachers are stellar, and others are sub-par, at best. It is purely the luck of the draw. If you want to save your spot for the Middle and Upper School, then spend your tuition on the Lower School and roll the dice hoping for one of the great teachers - or be prepared to spend on tutors to make up for what is not being taught.

Posted March 15, 2012
Truely one of Dallas' best private schools. Our son has attended ESD for the past two years. We looked at a few other top private schools in Dallas - St. Marks and Greenhill. Both St. Marks and Greenhill are excellent schools, but wasn't the right fit for our son. ESD had a great community that made our family feel instantly welcome. Our son started in K in an already established social group from pre-K. But, the teachers and parents worked to integrate our son into the school. Within months he felt as if he had been with the other students since pre-K. Also, the teaching in excellent. We have seen our son excel both socially and academically. I couldn't imagine sending our son to any other school.

Episcopal School of Dallas Pk-1 1

Posted February 18, 2012
Hockaday, St. Mark's, and Greenhill are vastly superior. Why opt for the Christian school experience? It does not open you up to other cultures.

Posted December 12, 2010
The academics at this school are superb. My son is highly gifted and we were unable to find the courses he was interested in at other schools. Most of the teachers are very knowledgeable and good educators (there are exceptions at every school). Going to the school, I believe, has made our son a strong candidates for every college he has applied to and we expect to be accepted at 80-100% of the top notch universities selected. Leadership has done a good job of establishing excellence in academics. Where leadership is not strong is in creating the kind of social environment that young people need to develop good character. Admittedly part of this is a parenting issue as well, but there is too much tolerance of overly entitled attitiudes that will not serve these students well in the long run. I don't think some of the parent gifts excepted by some of the staff are appropriate and that role modeling starts at the top. They would do well to instill a more humble attitude and become servant leaders as a Christian school. If we are rated it as a learning institution it is 5 star; if we are rating it as a social or religious institution I would only give it 2.

Posted April 19, 2010

Episcopal School of Dallas Pk-1 0

Posted January 06, 2010
The Episcopal School of Dallas is by far the best private school available in the state of Texas. My daughter graduated from Ursuline, and my Son from ESD.The difference was tremendous ESD turns students into well rounded individuals. This is achieved by superb teachers, most with some for of masters degree or PhD, a beautiful and highly effective campus, the very best technologie, and an equal social status among students in which culture, travel, and academics are common tabble topics at lunch. ESD is a comunity in which respect comes first, it teaches young men and women how to not only enjoy life but to get the very most out of every oportunity. The only problem I can think of with ESD is the tuition, it is extremley expencive, but ESD offers large amounts of financial aids.

Posted October 28, 2009
As a student currently at E.S.D. I believe what some of the things said in the other reviews are completely inaccurate. New kids are always welcomed to E.S.D. with open hearts and arms and are offered help and comfort from both students and teachers. If a 9th grade child goes all 4 years through E.S.D. without making close friends, so be it. It is their own fault, but E.S.D. does give each and every person the opportunity to become great unlike other schools like ursuline.

Episcopal School of Dallas Pk-1 0

Posted November 11, 2008
Our daughter has been attending ESD since kindergarten. She has been so blessed to receive the best education available, certainly in the DFW area, probably in Texas and possibly in the nation. The school's balanced focus on academics, athletics, faith, community and service, etc, create an unmatch learning environment. The social opportunities are plentiful, inclusive and available for all, including a thriving parent community supporting the school.

Posted September 10, 2008
My children have been enrolled at ESD for the past year. Rigorous academics, close personal attention, satisfying extracurricular opportunities, and a warm and continuing welcome have characterized their experience. ESD has exceeded our high hopes and expectations.

Episcopal School of Dallas Pk-1
4100 Merrell Rd, Dallas, TX  75229
Last modified Episcopal School of Dallas Pk-1 is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Episcopal School of Dallas Pk-1 Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top