Public charter
Dallas, TX

Posted September 06, 2013
Im not sure what happen to my last post however as of today CHILDREN FIRST has been shut down supposedly by TEA!! I knew eventually this would happen. I can list many reasons why but its not my job. God sees all. Ms Williams I pray that you will become more patient,loving and understanding. Some children may require a little more attention than others Children First!! Maybe we would hear more success stories coming from your past graduates!!!!

Posted May 15, 2013
My children attended Children First Academy for the first time this year and it will definitely be the last. The teachers and administrative staff are very unprofessional. They are yelling and cussing at the children. Teachers were fighting eachother this year. They are taking smoke breaks during class and smoking in the back of the building. The cafeteria staff smokes AND does not wear gloves to serve food. They have been watching movies for the last month and a half. They have the children listening to inappropriate music in classes. Its a big adult party at this school. Stay away! Stay away! PS. This was all reported to the assistant principal and no follow up.

Posted February 22, 2013
This is my children's first year 2012-2013 at CFA and this will be there're last. The academics are great, but the administrative staff is very unprofessional. When you call the school they do not acknowledge the school you are calling. The teacher use profanity and yell at the students. The school do not make parent feel welcome at all. I will not recommend this school to anyone. They need to have a training class on administrative and customer service. They are unorganized as well as no communication with parent at all. STAY AWAY PLEASE!!

Posted October 03, 2012
As I was doing my research preparing for approaching school age daughter, I called the school to ask if there was a website. The staff member quickly informed me the school was full and were not accepting any applications. I again asked about the website and she said no, I also asked if there was information on the school that could be emailed to me, she said only the application and reminded me they did not have space. Hopefully the educators themselves are more personable, however the administration should know that the first point of contact impacts many peoples decision the continue on. As for now, I give it no stars...

Children First Of Dallas 4

Posted June 26, 2012
My daughter has been attending this school since Pre-K 3 and she is now in the 3rd grade. Not a perfect school however, I am very pleased with her progress academically. Her teachers have all been great and what I like most about this charter school unlike DISD schools is that there is EXCELLENT communication going on keeping you informed about everything. Every week you receive a weekly newsletter that tells you there curriculum letting you know exactly what the lessons will be about during the week for each subject.

Posted September 13, 2011
I was highly disappointed when my son attended this school for the 2010-2011 school year. This was the most unorganized, unprofessional establishment that I have ever encountered. The teachers and the entire staff need a course on common courtesy and etiquette. I recommend to any parent that is considering this school to try any other option before applying here.

Children First Of Dallas 2

Posted July 17, 2011
My child will not attend this upcoming school year. Also heard that other kids will not be attending this coming year. Education is great! But that's all! Please look more into the school before trusting them with your child.

Children First Of Dallas 4

Posted August 10, 2010
I have a now 1st grader and a 6th grader at CFA. Although I've had a few rough patches with the school, overall I give them a thumbs up. My son who's going to the 1st grade can do tripple digit math off the top of his head. His reading is supberb! I am totally amazed at the work he accomplished and was only in kindergarten. My daughter is moving to the 6th grade and during 5th grade, she was involved in projects that I didn't even learn until 7th and 8th grade. I love the small class structure that allows the teachers the opportunity to have that one on one with the student if needed. Its a family enviornment where everyone is committed to every child succeeding. I highly recommend them!

Children First Of Dallas 5

Posted November 12, 2009
I have attendent this school for 7 years and this school is grest i wish that i could go back, the teacher's are the best teacher's ever. The school might be small but it is full of great education and love.

Children First Of Dallas 5

Posted August 02, 2009
cfa is a excellent school i have one son graduated 5 year ago from cfa he is currently a senior in high school. one son attending cfa now i recommend them highly. Adlissa Smith

Children First Of Dallas
425 E Wheatland Rd, Dallas, TX  75241
Last modified Children First Of Dallas is a Charter school that serves grades PK-7
Children First Of Dallas Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 14 reviews. Top