Public charter
Students enrolled: 1,732
After care: No

Trinity Basin Preparatory 2

Posted March 09, 2015
This school needs a lot of help. The Fort Worth location has been through FOUR Principal in THREE SCHOOL YEARS! This was so disappointing. I was trying to get my children out of the Fort Worth ISD because I was having so much trouble getting the help I needed. I thought that this alternate charter school was going to be much more helpful but I was WRONG!!!! I have been asking for help here and I haven't been getting the help I need for my children. I'm so disappointed.

Posted January 16, 2015
My son has gone to this school since last year when he started pk 3, I was super exited because I thought this school was great. But as the year progressed I started to realize little by little that the school administration is all messed up. The teachers are great they work with you and everything. But most of them don't come back. Now the teacher he has is great and with alot of patience for the kids.But the principal here is rude to teachers and she doesn't care if she's in public. I have witness a couple of times when she's yelling at them and just talking to them like they are worthless. The front office all they care about is the dress code and they don't put in cossideration that the kids have to step out side even just to go to the restroom.If you try to explain why they have extra under clothes all you hear is" you signed the dress code sheet at the beginning of the year" that's it. Plus if you don't get them into dress code with in an hour they will be put in school suspension. But then they wonder why your child is sick through the winter missing precious education time. Its just pathetic that it runs like that. Luckily this is my sons last school year there.
5 people found this helpful

Trinity Basin Preparatory 5

Posted September 26, 2014
I've worked at Trinity Basin for over 5 years, now. And, though we've had our ups and downs, I'd truly rather be no where else. We are a school with vision and a determination to make a difference in the lives of our students. That's not something I hear from a lot of my fellow teacher friends in and around the metroplex. TBP is a great school to be a part of whether you're a fellow teacher or a student!

Posted August 08, 2014
If you are reading this you are probably a new teacher. While first year teaching is always challenging, this is an intense sink or swim environment with sharks circling beneath you. The principal will state upfront she makes it a habit to not like anyone. She is quick to single out those she does not like. Those chosen one's will be pulled out of their classrooms and yelled at and belittled. The teachers she likes will bonus and be left alone, even if they achieve rock bottom STAAR scores. There will be people planted to spy on you, frequently. The principal encourages people to divulge dirt on each other. It is a very sad and unprofessional place to work. During in-service you will be promised that things are getting better. They hired a PR person to help you believe this. SST is a joke, you spend time fighting for students while principal is saying her coined phrases including "They are one God's special people." The students there are amazing, so please give them all you have. After you serve your year get out and get into an ISD. Of the 18 teachers at Elementary of those 12 have resigned, the year prior 14 of the 18 resigned. Those numbers speak.
5 people found this helpful

Posted August 08, 2014
The school is very unprofessional and intimidating.. Certain Ethical Conduct Codes not followed - (A) Standard 2.1. The educator shall not reveal confidential health or personnel information... (Information that is confidential is discussed among everyone, even people who are not even in supervisory positions, ie. aides, etc.) (B) Standard 2.2. The educator shall not harm others by knowingly making false statements about a colleague...(Constant gossiping/slander about colleagues is common practice). (C) Standard 2.3. The educator shall adhere to state and federal laws regarding the hiring, evaluation, and dismissal of personnel.(No job security, dismissal at a moments notice is routinely practiced). (F) Standard 2.6. The educator shall not use coercive means or promise of special treatment.... (Intimidation, excessive observations and favoritism is shown). This school district is about politics and not about children. Teacher retention would be a high priority, 80% of the staff is not returning. Some were fired and some decided to find employment elsewhere. It is run by people who think they are doing a good job.
3 people found this helpful

Posted March 23, 2014
I had my son at this school for half of school year only. School's priorities are all wrong. Administration worries more about dress code than the child's education. My son has always been top of his class, but at this school he fell behind. Not enough brain stimulation. Several meetings with his teacher determined my son was well advanced but she couldn't do anything about it because other students in her class were not up to my son's learning level. Teacher also admitted this school catered to "non English speaking" students leaving children like my son to struggle. There's a lot of favoritism... My son had accident (soiled pants) & I never got a call....no attention to kids...I can go on & on...be ware about this school unless of course you are a friend of the principal or administration.
3 people found this helpful

Trinity Basin Preparatory 5

Posted February 18, 2014
My son start pre-k in this school last Summer, we both love it, the experience has being great, he had learn so much he's so happy and his teacher is just the best I could ask for, I really like this school and my son does too

Trinity Basin Preparatory 2

Posted November 21, 2013
Never encountered this amount of incompetence at an ISD! They call it "promoting from within", but what it really is is cronyism pure and simple. They have principles with a bachelors degree, uncertified school counselors, and don't give me started on their school Board administration! They use the assistants for every thing, but our pay is nothing! Most of the kids are Hispanic but most of the administration are white women that walk around like they're better than us or that they know more than what we do! The assistance are the best thing about the schools. Don't send your kids here if you want them to learn any structure. all this school is good for is micromanagement and underpaid staff!!

Posted August 19, 2013
Here comes the honest to God truth: if this school is to truly practice what it preaches, it needs to root out nepotism at all levels of its organization, and the CEO needs to take a drastic pay cut. The school's enrollment is completely disproportionate to the 12th highest paid superintendent in the state of Texas. Numbers do not lie. This school could do amazing things, but it will never achieve its destiny as long it runs itself like a Wall Street company instead of a school that truly cares about its teachers, students, and parents. And why is the school so focused on expansion when it cannot provide the adequate support to those who matter most. As Yertle the Turtle would say, "I know up on top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom, we too should have rights!!!"
2 people found this helpful

Posted August 17, 2013
If you have a below average student then this is an excellent place for your child. If they are above average, do not put them in this school. Every teacher there truly loves kids and wants to help them. Because parents have to call through the front office in order to reach a teacher, we often do not get the messages and find out days later that a parent requested a phone call or a conference when the parent comes to the school in person and angry. When this happens, teachers are blamed not the people who never relayed the message.Most teachers work 70 hours a week. That is in the building hours not the time they spend at home. And they are required buy nearly all of their own materials and supplies. It is, however, a great place to learn as a new teacher because you will be thrown in and have to either sink or swim. You will learn every aspect of being a teacher in a short amount of time but it will require your entire attention and devotion and every minute of every day and night.

Trinity Basin Preparatory
400 South Zang Boulevard, Dallas, TX  75208
Last modified Trinity Basin Preparatory is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Trinity Basin Preparatory Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 51 reviews. Top