Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

This is usually 1st year teachers who just need certificates and move on to better districts

Develops character: Strongly disagree

It's encourage for students to lie about other students and even teachers so they don't go to specials

This school needs serious help. The Titanic had better luck staying afloat than TBP. In October my husband and I were watching the news. We usually do not stay up to watch the news, but right there - our child's school! We were informed through news there was a student planned shooting. The news said they students went into lockdown and the building was searched. My daughter said they never went into lockdown and seems everything was like a normal day at school. I was so upset that I had find out about this through the evening news about this situation. I nearly withdrew my child the very next day. Nothing came out to parents until the very next afternoon and by then it was already old news. Was there anyone there who could at least write something up to give to kids before they went home? They sure don't forget to let us know when they are having some sort of function where they want our money. You would think with one of the highest paid superintendents in the state he could put something together before the end of the day to inform parents. Right before the holidays my daughter came home and told me that her teacher was no longer at the school. Ok. She quit. I talked to other parents and found out there were lay-offs. The cuts were made with teachers? After the holidays I found out another teacher was moved to that teacher's place. My child liked this teacher. She came home and talked about how great the teacher was and how she was learning so much. I decided with the shooting and lay-offs this was a sinking ship. I decided to go to one of the ISDs. In talking to other parents, the replacement teacher left after a few weeks after taking over the position. I will drive the extra twenty minutes to the ISD so my child will receive the education she deserves and not treated as if she is in a military academy. If you think DISD is bad - this isn't any better. Grand Prairie ISD and other area districts are open to students from different areas. GPISD's Superintendent got citizen of the year. That should tell you something. Besides, those districts offer things such as band, athletics, theater arts, and other electives that are not available to all students at TBP. Only 8th graders are allowed to take art and that is if they pass STAAR.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

When a principal has a set of girls that have an open door to go to his office an tell him whatever they want - true or untrue. I think is very unethical. My daughter was pulled in to his office and accused of something she was not even doing. At the same time she was asked about a teacher - she felt very uncomfortable talking about the teacher.

Amount of homework: no rating

Homework - don't know if they really give it to their students. I do know my child does Think Through Math, but I think that is just a babysitter for teaching.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

The turnover at this school is ridiculous. I guess since teachers do not have contracts they can leave whenever. That leaves our children without a teacher until they find a qualified one.

This school needs a lot of help. The Fort Worth location has been through FOUR Principal in THREE SCHOOL YEARS! This was so disappointing. I was trying to get my children out of the Fort Worth ISD because I was having so much trouble getting the help I needed. I thought that this alternate charter school was going to be much more helpful but I was WRONG!!!! I have been asking for help here and I haven't been getting the help I need for my children. I'm so disappointed.

My son has gone to this school since last year when he started pk 3, I was super exited because I thought this school was great. But as the year progressed I started to realize little by little that the school administration is all messed up. The teachers are great they work with you and everything. But most of them don't come back. Now the teacher he has is great and with alot of patience for the kids.But the principal here is rude to teachers and she doesn't care if she's in public. I have witness a couple of times when she's yelling at them and just talking to them like they are worthless. The front office all they care about is the dress code and they don't put in cossideration that the kids have to step out side even just to go to the restroom.If you try to explain why they have extra under clothes all you hear is" you signed the dress code sheet at the beginning of the year" that's it. Plus if you don't get them into dress code with in an hour they will be put in school suspension. But then they wonder why your child is sick through the winter missing precious education time. Its just pathetic that it runs like that. Luckily this is my sons last school year there.

I've worked at Trinity Basin for over 5 years, now. And, though we've had our ups and downs, I'd truly rather be no where else. We are a school with vision and a determination to make a difference in the lives of our students. That's not something I hear from a lot of my fellow teacher friends in and around the metroplex. TBP is a great school to be a part of whether you're a fellow teacher or a student!

If you are reading this you are probably a new teacher. While first year teaching is always challenging, this is an intense sink or swim environment with sharks circling beneath you. The principal will state upfront she makes it a habit to not like anyone. She is quick to single out those she does not like. Those chosen one's will be pulled out of their classrooms and yelled at and belittled. The teachers she likes will bonus and be left alone, even if they achieve rock bottom STAAR scores. There will be people planted to spy on you, frequently. The principal encourages people to divulge dirt on each other. It is a very sad and unprofessional place to work. During in-service you will be promised that things are getting better. They hired a PR person to help you believe this. SST is a joke, you spend time fighting for students while principal is saying her coined phrases including "They are one God's special people." The students there are amazing, so please give them all you have. After you serve your year get out and get into an ISD. Of the 18 teachers at Elementary of those 12 have resigned, the year prior 14 of the 18 resigned. Those numbers speak.

Last modified Trinity Basin Preparatory is a Charter school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.