Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (2 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted June 30, 2016
This is usually 1st year teachers who just need certificates and move on to better districts

Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted June 30, 2016
No skinny jeans or ISS for the day. Crazy. My honor roll student experienced ISS because jeans looked tight but they were stretchy

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted June 30, 2016
It's encourage for students to lie about other students and even teachers so they don't go to specials

Trinity Basin Preparatory 1

Posted February 12, 2016
This school needs serious help. The Titanic had better luck staying afloat than TBP. In October my husband and I were watching the news. We usually do not stay up to watch the news, but right there - our child's school! We were informed through news there was a student planned shooting. The news said they students went into lockdown and the building was searched. My daughter said they never went into lockdown and seems everything was like a normal day at school. I was so upset that I had find out about this through the evening news about this situation. I nearly withdrew my child the very next day. Nothing came out to parents until the very next afternoon and by then it was already old news. Was there anyone there who could at least write something up to give to kids before they went home? They sure don't forget to let us know when they are having some sort of function where they want our money. You would think with one of the highest paid superintendents in the state he could put something together before the end of the day to inform parents. Right before the holidays my daughter came home and told me that her teacher was no longer at the school. Ok. She quit. I talked to other parents and found out there were lay-offs. The cuts were made with teachers? After the holidays I found out another teacher was moved to that teacher's place. My child liked this teacher. She came home and talked about how great the teacher was and how she was learning so much. I decided with the shooting and lay-offs this was a sinking ship. I decided to go to one of the ISDs. In talking to other parents, the replacement teacher left after a few weeks after taking over the position. I will drive the extra twenty minutes to the ISD so my child will receive the education she deserves and not treated as if she is in a military academy. If you think DISD is bad - this isn't any better. Grand Prairie ISD and other area districts are open to students from different areas. GPISD's Superintendent got citizen of the year. That should tell you something. Besides, those districts offer things such as band, athletics, theater arts, and other electives that are not available to all students at TBP. Only 8th graders are allowed to take art and that is if they pass STAAR.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted February 12, 2016
When a principal has a set of girls that have an open door to go to his office an tell him whatever they want - true or untrue. I think is very unethical. My daughter was pulled in to his office and accused of something she was not even doing. At the same time she was asked about a teacher - she felt very uncomfortable talking about the teacher.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted February 12, 2016
There is a lot of bullying going on in one grade-level and another reason why I pulled my child from the school. I do not think the teachers have a clue to what they are doing to much less even know what bullying looks like!

Amount of homework: Don't know

Posted February 12, 2016
Homework - don't know if they really give it to their students. I do know my child does Think Through Math, but I think that is just a babysitter for teaching.

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted February 12, 2016
The turnover at this school is ridiculous. I guess since teachers do not have contracts they can leave whenever. That leaves our children without a teacher until they find a qualified one.

Trinity Basin Preparatory 2

Posted March 09, 2015
This school needs a lot of help. The Fort Worth location has been through FOUR Principal in THREE SCHOOL YEARS! This was so disappointing. I was trying to get my children out of the Fort Worth ISD because I was having so much trouble getting the help I needed. I thought that this alternate charter school was going to be much more helpful but I was WRONG!!!! I have been asking for help here and I haven't been getting the help I need for my children. I'm so disappointed.

Trinity Basin Preparatory 1

Posted January 16, 2015
My son has gone to this school since last year when he started pk 3, I was super exited because I thought this school was great. But as the year progressed I started to realize little by little that the school administration is all messed up. The teachers are great they work with you and everything. But most of them don't come back. Now the teacher he has is great and with alot of patience for the kids.But the principal here is rude to teachers and she doesn't care if she's in public. I have witness a couple of times when she's yelling at them and just talking to them like they are worthless. The front office all they care about is the dress code and they don't put in cossideration that the kids have to step out side even just to go to the restroom.If you try to explain why they have extra under clothes all you hear is" you signed the dress code sheet at the beginning of the year" that's it. Plus if you don't get them into dress code with in an hour they will be put in school suspension. But then they wonder why your child is sick through the winter missing precious education time. Its just pathetic that it runs like that. Luckily this is my sons last school year there.

400 South Zang Boulevard, Dallas, TX  75208
Last modified Trinity Basin Preparatory is a Charter school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.