Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted September 17, 2015
My son was very happy with all of his teachers. The short encounters I had with them I was also pleased. Besides when my son snapped on the bully in the classroom and the teacher was understandably upset and we clashed because she came at me aggressively. But I understand she was shaken up and I was caught off guard. It was unfortunate. But she seemed very passionate about teaching from my prospective.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted September 17, 2015
I feel the kids could be challenged a little more. My child was 1of 4 in the fourth grade who could write in cursive according to his teacher.

Develops grit: Neutral

Posted September 17, 2015
I can't say one way or the other . We didn't get the opportunity to find out my son was expelled once the ladies story start falling apart. So I can't fairly comment.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted September 17, 2015
The ladies lie, stick together and discarded my child he started off being the victim, by the time they got it together. I was told no-one bullied my child. After I was told by the adults the 2 boys had a history of bad behavior. I was 1st told a child's parents couldn't be reach then I was told she didn't reach out to them because she wanted to get all of tha facts 1st. This got out of hand and I believe it could have been resolved if they had some training and practiced honesty.

Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted July 29, 2015
not a school for children that have special needs, nor accommodating to children that learn differently. If the child fits the "perfect" mode they will learn due to a great curriculum offered by the school, but they fail to understand the needs of those that have challenges that are not due to lack of intellect. There is a communication gap between administration, staff and parent that sometimes creates barriers in giving a child the best options in their education. I will say that there are good and bad in ANY situation but the education institutions are held high in reverence as we have such high expectations for our kids success. It takes a village to raise a kid, yet this institution in many ways needs a village to prepare it for the success of not some but all of our young scholars !!

Posted July 18, 2015
My son has been attending the school since 4th grade and he is now entering middle school. I have no regrets or complaints whatsoever about the school. The principal, teachers, athletic team and cafeteria staff treat the kids as their own. My son will be at AW Brown until he can not attend anymore. He is on the A Honor Roll list every year and a proud member of a few academic clubs. I am so grateful to the AWBrown entire staff for all of their assistance with our children. Keep up the good work!

Posted May 01, 2014
My cousins child is an A honor roll student and performs well at A.W Brown, we are so proud of her.

Aw Brown-Fellowship Charter School 4

Posted August 20, 2013
EVERY school has it's flaws. However, I hear a lot of positive things about this school throughout the community. My son is in pre-K3 (1/2 a day) and daughter is in pre-K4. My daughter's pre-K4 teacher appears to be very experienced and has been teaching over 25 yrs but my son's teacher is the opposite and seems inexperienced but willing to be patient with the kids ages and short attention-spans. Their hiring criteria seems questionable. I have seen a few little kids with dirty noses but they seem to clean them once they see them. I have experienced unorganized business practices...way too many forms to complete, staff coming in late, and a required medication form left out during enrollment. I won't and can't discredit the school yet. It's only been 2 weeks. I will comment again after the end of the year.

Aw Brown-Fellowship Charter School 1

Posted March 15, 2013
Bugg ggggdtctgc ogiffucyxyc vcuvjg vh dc j gu cc gb gs why fjx next f cc b

Posted December 15, 2012
My daughter attends Pre-K, this is her second year. I've found this school to be amazing! I love it, the staff is kind and courteous and the education is thus far unmatched! I believe in education to its fullest and am a major part of my daughter's life. I attend all field trips (sometimes being the only parent) so I know first hand what teachers have to deal with; apparently most of the negative parents writing reviews are those with the "unruly" children. If you don't discipline your one or two children, what makes you believe someone else will discipline 30 children??? Education starts at home, school only ASSISTS in YOU educating YOUR children! I love AW Brown and am glad my daughter is apart of it. The school provides a survey every 6 weeks with report cards and I take the time to fill it out and comment if I need to. I've noticed some of my suggestions have been implemented. They do listen if you voice your concerns. I have much experience working with children; and the AW Brown way is one of a kind.

5701 Red Bird Center Drive, Dallas, TX  75237
Last modified Aw Brown-Fellowship Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades 3-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.