Public charter
Dallas, TX
Before care: Yes

Posted May 01, 2014
My cousins child is an A honor roll student and performs well at A.W Brown, we are so proud of her.

Aw Brown-Fellowship Charter School 4

Posted August 20, 2013
EVERY school has it's flaws. However, I hear a lot of positive things about this school throughout the community. My son is in pre-K3 (1/2 a day) and daughter is in pre-K4. My daughter's pre-K4 teacher appears to be very experienced and has been teaching over 25 yrs but my son's teacher is the opposite and seems inexperienced but willing to be patient with the kids ages and short attention-spans. Their hiring criteria seems questionable. I have seen a few little kids with dirty noses but they seem to clean them once they see them. I have experienced unorganized business practices...way too many forms to complete, staff coming in late, and a required medication form left out during enrollment. I won't and can't discredit the school yet. It's only been 2 weeks. I will comment again after the end of the year.

Aw Brown-Fellowship Charter School 1

Posted March 15, 2013
Bugg ggggdtctgc ogiffucyxyc vcuvjg vh dc j gu cc gb gs why fjx next f cc b

Posted December 15, 2012
My daughter attends Pre-K, this is her second year. I've found this school to be amazing! I love it, the staff is kind and courteous and the education is thus far unmatched! I believe in education to its fullest and am a major part of my daughter's life. I attend all field trips (sometimes being the only parent) so I know first hand what teachers have to deal with; apparently most of the negative parents writing reviews are those with the "unruly" children. If you don't discipline your one or two children, what makes you believe someone else will discipline 30 children??? Education starts at home, school only ASSISTS in YOU educating YOUR children! I love AW Brown and am glad my daughter is apart of it. The school provides a survey every 6 weeks with report cards and I take the time to fill it out and comment if I need to. I've noticed some of my suggestions have been implemented. They do listen if you voice your concerns. I have much experience working with children; and the AW Brown way is one of a kind.

Posted July 01, 2010
A W Brown is an exemplary school, but this lottery process I feel is not fair to your students, who has attended the school for the past 2 yrs. We receive a letter in the mail advising his or her parent (s) a week or three days before school is out that they will not be able to return for the next fall session I don't think you are looking at the child's best interest in addition the to short notice. I know we are all suffering from the economy with budget cuts in every walk of life, but wouldn't it have been much easier to hire more teachers to accommodate the kindergarteners for the school year rather than sending children away. In response from the school we was told that the lottery itself is performed by random computer program. Overall the staff needs improvement BAD!!

Aw Brown-Fellowship Charter School 0

Posted April 27, 2010
These parents are right on track. Poor teacher quality, young black boys are made to feel inferior, too many church members and relatives, and very little social studies and science, the dreams this school started out with have been lost. It's a shame.

Posted March 12, 2010
I thought that A.W.Brown was the best school that my son could ever attend. He has been in this school since Kindergarden. What I have come to find is that some of the teachers are very timid, not patient and quick to send the kids to the principal's office. By this being an elementary school, I feel as though you should want to each at this level, which means that you have to accept getting ready to be very patient with the students. I don't think that the anticipation is there when it comes to our young boys. They energy level, as well as their intelligence is underrated at this school and the teachers, as well as the staff, are quick to write them off as being unteachable. Apparently being innovative is not a qualification for being a teacher for young black boys.

Aw Brown-Fellowship Charter School 1

Posted March 03, 2010
I think it is sad that my child is going to jr high next year and hasnt been taught social studies or how to write in cursive....all they care about is the Taks test...

Posted March 03, 2010
teacher quality has really decreased....too many church and family members teaching with no certifications. Too many put downs and/or insults to children..

Posted February 10, 2010
This is my child's first year and I think this is a great school with a lot of positivity. I have had some challenges with parent/teacher communication but the teachers and staff I have dealt with so far are genuinely caring. I am a strong believer in parent/teacher communication.

Aw Brown-Fellowship Charter School
5701 Red Bird Center Drive, Dallas, TX  75237
Last modified Aw Brown-Fellowship Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades 3-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Aw Brown-Fellowship Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 78 reviews. Top