Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted July 29, 2015
not a school for children that have special needs, nor accommodating to children that learn differently. If the child fits the "perfect" mode they will learn due to a great curriculum offered by the school, but they fail to understand the needs of those that have challenges that are not due to lack of intellect. There is a communication gap between administration, staff and parent that sometimes creates barriers in giving a child the best options in their education. I will say that there are good and bad in ANY situation but the education institutions are held high in reverence as we have such high expectations for our kids success. It takes a village to raise a kid, yet this institution in many ways needs a village to prepare it for the success of not some but all of our young scholars !!

Posted July 18, 2015
My son has been attending the school since 4th grade and he is now entering middle school. I have no regrets or complaints whatsoever about the school. The principal, teachers, athletic team and cafeteria staff treat the kids as their own. My son will be at AW Brown until he can not attend anymore. He is on the A Honor Roll list every year and a proud member of a few academic clubs. I am so grateful to the AWBrown entire staff for all of their assistance with our children. Keep up the good work!

Posted May 01, 2014
My cousins child is an A honor roll student and performs well at A.W Brown, we are so proud of her.

Aw Brown-Fellowship Charter School 4

Posted August 20, 2013
EVERY school has it's flaws. However, I hear a lot of positive things about this school throughout the community. My son is in pre-K3 (1/2 a day) and daughter is in pre-K4. My daughter's pre-K4 teacher appears to be very experienced and has been teaching over 25 yrs but my son's teacher is the opposite and seems inexperienced but willing to be patient with the kids ages and short attention-spans. Their hiring criteria seems questionable. I have seen a few little kids with dirty noses but they seem to clean them once they see them. I have experienced unorganized business practices...way too many forms to complete, staff coming in late, and a required medication form left out during enrollment. I won't and can't discredit the school yet. It's only been 2 weeks. I will comment again after the end of the year.

Aw Brown-Fellowship Charter School 1

Posted March 15, 2013
Bugg ggggdtctgc ogiffucyxyc vcuvjg vh dc j gu cc gb gs why fjx next f cc b

Posted December 15, 2012
My daughter attends Pre-K, this is her second year. I've found this school to be amazing! I love it, the staff is kind and courteous and the education is thus far unmatched! I believe in education to its fullest and am a major part of my daughter's life. I attend all field trips (sometimes being the only parent) so I know first hand what teachers have to deal with; apparently most of the negative parents writing reviews are those with the "unruly" children. If you don't discipline your one or two children, what makes you believe someone else will discipline 30 children??? Education starts at home, school only ASSISTS in YOU educating YOUR children! I love AW Brown and am glad my daughter is apart of it. The school provides a survey every 6 weeks with report cards and I take the time to fill it out and comment if I need to. I've noticed some of my suggestions have been implemented. They do listen if you voice your concerns. I have much experience working with children; and the AW Brown way is one of a kind.

Aw Brown-Fellowship Charter School 1

Posted July 10, 2012
I use to hear great things about AW Brown and before my baby was school age I wanted my child to attend AW Brown Leadership Academy. I wanted her to attend so bad that I signed her up for the Pre-K 3 program (when she was 2 mnths from turning 3) and was informed at the 2 hour Orientation that if she was not chosen then, that she would be moved to a waiting list and they will be chosen from that list for the next year. I received notification in the mail that she had been accepted and given the dates of registration/enrollment. Today I received not 1 but 2 phone calls (no communication between staff) that there was no availability for my daughter to attend the school. After I questioned the fact of receiving documentation that she had been accepted. My question could not be answered with the right answer only to be answered with guilt of saying "I don't know " and "Yeah"! At this point I have been inconvenienced due to the fact my child could have been enrolled and accepted elsewhere that did not base enrollment by $$$ and "who you know". AW Brown needs to rethink their enrollment processing methods and it would not hurt to review your employee training manual as well.

Aw Brown-Fellowship Charter School 3

Posted July 01, 2010
A W Brown is an exemplary school, but this lottery process I feel is not fair to your students, who has attended the school for the past 2 yrs. We receive a letter in the mail advising his or her parent (s) a week or three days before school is out that they will not be able to return for the next fall session I don't think you are looking at the child's best interest in addition the to short notice. I know we are all suffering from the economy with budget cuts in every walk of life, but wouldn't it have been much easier to hire more teachers to accommodate the kindergarteners for the school year rather than sending children away. In response from the school we was told that the lottery itself is performed by random computer program. Overall the staff needs improvement BAD!!

Posted April 27, 2010
These parents are right on track. Poor teacher quality, young black boys are made to feel inferior, too many church members and relatives, and very little social studies and science, the dreams this school started out with have been lost. It's a shame.

Aw Brown-Fellowship Charter School 3

Posted March 12, 2010
I thought that A.W.Brown was the best school that my son could ever attend. He has been in this school since Kindergarden. What I have come to find is that some of the teachers are very timid, not patient and quick to send the kids to the principal's office. By this being an elementary school, I feel as though you should want to each at this level, which means that you have to accept getting ready to be very patient with the students. I don't think that the anticipation is there when it comes to our young boys. They energy level, as well as their intelligence is underrated at this school and the teachers, as well as the staff, are quick to write them off as being unteachable. Apparently being innovative is not a qualification for being a teacher for young black boys.

5701 Red Bird Center Drive, Dallas, TX  75237
Last modified Aw Brown-Fellowship Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades 3-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Aw Brown-Fellowship Charter School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 89 reviews. Top