Public charter
Dallas, TX

Teacher effectiveness: Very ineffective

Posted July 22, 2015
My son had a teacher this past school year (14-15) that seem to only care about the way she looked. I can recall on numerous occasions coming up to the school and seeing teacher in heels, short and tight skirts, lips glossy and very flirtatious . Is this a fashion show or are you here to serve the children is what I asked myself whenever I pick my child up .

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted July 22, 2015
This school is a joke. The teachers think it's a fashion show and seem that they care more about the way the look rather than the students education. One teacher in particular wear high heels, tight and short skirts just about everyday. The kids sit up in the classroom talking all day rather than learn. I wish they would hire teachers that care about the students education and not look at it for just a paycheck.

Focus Learning Academy 2

Focus Learning Academy 1

Posted November 17, 2014
This school sucks where is the principal smh its sad that the teachers are bullies too

Posted October 16, 2014
I rate my son's school Focus Learning Academy 5 stars I love the different activities and fun things they have to offer, I also Love that my son is learning new things everyday and is very excited to talk about his classmates and teacher.

Focus Learning Academy 3

Posted October 16, 2014
My daughter has attended since 2nd grade and she is now in 6th grade. I think the structure could be a bit more challenging but overall I think it's a good school.

Posted July 16, 2014
Student here I think that this school is like a prison .they're unreasonable u have to pay 25$ for your cellI phone back at dallas its like 5$ or 10$ their uniform is to high over 200$ for two shirts a tie skirt and vest really why not have a simple uniform parents can afford khakis black and blue pants with a white shirt highschool. Burgundy middle and gold for elementary are something like that and let kids wear any color shoes ...if the school was all great as teachers and principles say why not let your children attend the school ......

Focus Learning Academy 4

Posted June 11, 2014
I have two kids that attend Focus Learning Academy and Triple A Academy. Our time with the academies have been extremely positive and productive. I have watched my kids develop over the years and I'm very thankful for all the teachers that served, mentor and impacted their lives.

Posted June 09, 2014
As a staff member, we are always open to discussion with the concerns of our parents and students. Based on some of the previous reviews, the following is important information that may have been missed by some parents: Uniform assistance is available via our community resource office, a Parent Liaison is available to assist parents with concerns, the fee (applied toward field trips and other student incentives) for cell phone violations is to discourage use during school hours considering the many technology tools that are available through the school, athletics and physical fitness is important for the well-being of our students and to offer extra curricular activities BUT not at the cost of academic achievement. A parent/student handbook is provided to all parents each year. During the 2013-14 school year, a Parent/Family Involvement event was held each six-week grading period that including pertinent information for parents and student participation. 2014-15 Pre-K program is fully subsidized! Overall, the priorities include providing an education for all students in a safe environment to prepare them to not only receive acceptance into college, but to complete college!

Focus Learning Academy 4

Posted April 19, 2014
My concern are the students who after school block's the entry way at the McClure gym, the female student are disrespectful and don't carry themselves as young ladies, the language they use is terrible. I must say the young men have more respect for themselves and the parents who come to pick up their child. Triple A front desk need to keep better records when you bring a Dr statement back if a student has to leave early for an appointment. We have to remember this is a school and no child is perfect, you can't run a school like a prison. The majority of the student at Focus and Triple A parent's cant afford the uniform price so I think there need to be another solution to that. The fee for confiscated items like (cell phones, ipad is too high the parent are the one who has to pay that fee, charging a fee is not a problem it's the amount I have a problem with 25.00 to get it back. What happen if a parent can't pay that price, do you keep the item at the end of the school year?

2524 West Ledbetter Drive, Dallas, TX  75233
Last modified Focus Learning Academy is a Charter school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Focus Learning Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 70 reviews. Top