Public charter
Dallas, TX
Before care: Yes

Posted November 17, 2014
This school sucks where is the principal smh its sad that the teachers are bullies too

Focus Learning Academy 3

Posted October 16, 2014
My daughter has attended since 2nd grade and she is now in 6th grade. I think the structure could be a bit more challenging but overall I think it's a good school.

Posted June 11, 2014
I have two kids that attend Focus Learning Academy and Triple A Academy. Our time with the academies have been extremely positive and productive. I have watched my kids develop over the years and I'm very thankful for all the teachers that served, mentor and impacted their lives.

Focus Learning Academy 5

Posted June 09, 2014
As a staff member, we are always open to discussion with the concerns of our parents and students. Based on some of the previous reviews, the following is important information that may have been missed by some parents: Uniform assistance is available via our community resource office, a Parent Liaison is available to assist parents with concerns, the fee (applied toward field trips and other student incentives) for cell phone violations is to discourage use during school hours considering the many technology tools that are available through the school, athletics and physical fitness is important for the well-being of our students and to offer extra curricular activities BUT not at the cost of academic achievement. A parent/student handbook is provided to all parents each year. During the 2013-14 school year, a Parent/Family Involvement event was held each six-week grading period that including pertinent information for parents and student participation. 2014-15 Pre-K program is fully subsidized! Overall, the priorities include providing an education for all students in a safe environment to prepare them to not only receive acceptance into college, but to complete college!

Posted April 19, 2014
My concern are the students who after school block's the entry way at the McClure gym, the female student are disrespectful and don't carry themselves as young ladies, the language they use is terrible. I must say the young men have more respect for themselves and the parents who come to pick up their child. Triple A front desk need to keep better records when you bring a Dr statement back if a student has to leave early for an appointment. We have to remember this is a school and no child is perfect, you can't run a school like a prison. The majority of the student at Focus and Triple A parent's cant afford the uniform price so I think there need to be another solution to that. The fee for confiscated items like (cell phones, ipad is too high the parent are the one who has to pay that fee, charging a fee is not a problem it's the amount I have a problem with 25.00 to get it back. What happen if a parent can't pay that price, do you keep the item at the end of the school year?

Posted February 26, 2014
This school is a joke. It needs EXPOSURE like prime prep.... Only the Mcclure's and the good Lord knows the truth about Focus Academy. Enough said................

Posted September 04, 2013
Focus learning academies and Triple A is a joke. I don't fault the teachers at all because they are just employees walking in the blind. Anytime a school has almost a complete whole new staff from principles down to cleaning crew, that's a red flag especially when it was the teachers decision to look for a job elsewhere. Something isn't r right. My child states that they only tested the first two weeks in school and come home with no home work. This is my childs third year here and I am about to take him out because he is already behind from when I enrolled him three years ago. He has a learning disability however that is suppose to be the primary mission of this school to help those students with learning disabilities to be able to make it in the real world and to make sure they are not left behind. From my evidences only the teachers my son has had doesn't know how to make the instructions different for him to understand therefore his learning gap is increasing. No testing information as far as to what learning level is he on is ever discussed at these meetings. Theparentscan't help the students if they are in the dark as well.

Posted August 26, 2013
My Grand Son attended Focus Academy during his First grade year , and I must say that he wasn't taught anything he didn't already knew . They also mailed out the wrong report card at the end of the year and Charged my daughter $15.00 for a copy of the report card they never sent . My daughter decided to this school another chance in which she enrolled her Son (second grader) and her Daughter ( pre k ) She was informed in the beginning of enrollment that Pre K students would go half a day and if you wanted your child to stay the whole day one would have to pay $30.00 a week ..She enrolled her for half a day . On the first day of school the parents were informed that there would be no half day of school for the pre k students due to them not having that many. Here it is approximately 3 weeks into school and the office sent out a letter stating that the pre k will now have to pay $30.00 a week if they wanted to continue to attend Focus academy this year..Mind you they waited til High priced uniforms were purchased ( Example for just 1 skirt for my grand daughter cost $45.00 ) I find this to be very unprofessional non caring about these students (pre-k ) nor Parents .

Posted August 22, 2013
My son has started his new school for the first with Focus and say far, so good. Really can't say anything bad about them but it's a very clean school and the staff are so nice and courteous in the morning when pulling up to drop my son for school.

Focus Learning Academy 2

Posted December 10, 2012
All I have to say is my child does not learn. She is in the 1st grade and they have spelling words like it, is, of, the. She learned how to read in Pre K. They need to step it up, waaaay up. She will not be attending this school next year.

Focus Learning Academy
2524 West Ledbetter Drive, Dallas, TX  75233
Last modified Focus Learning Academy is a Charter school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Focus Learning Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 61 reviews. Top