Posted September 05, 2014
This school exceeded my expectations This was my daughters first year to enroll. I found this school by accident. I did not want to Enroll my daughter it fwisd due to having such a bad expierence last year. At first we were both scared to try something new. But, after just a few days my daughter loved coming to school. I am sad to say that i had to withdraw her from this great school Due, to the everyday commute was too far. I am thankful i found this school and if it was not too far I would have not taken my daughter out. The school is small and perfect for kids who need one on one time. I have no complaints about the staff, everyone was very nice If the new school does not work out I will strongly consider bringing her back. Thank you Pinnacle Academy and the 4th grade teacher.

Posted August 22, 2014
I loved Pinnacle last year, but this year I hate it. There is a new principal. Half of the staff left due to him, and he changed the drop off times from &45 am to 8:15 am. Most people have to be at work by 8. He will ask what can I do to help when you tell him he blows you off. He is very arrogant in his ways. I wish I had not put my son back in Pinnacle this year. I would not recommend this school to anyone, as soon as I can I am pulling him out.

Pinnacle Academy 2

Posted August 12, 2013
I get the feeling that the administration does not care about the students. Child safety seems like it's not a concern of theirs as long as the school looks good, and if it makes them look bad, then they might try to fix it. I thought charter schools were supposed to be a better option than regular public schools, but I think this one may be an exception.

Posted March 08, 2013
The problem with Pinnacle is the leadership at the district level. I find it hard to believe that our leadership truly cares about the education of children when he is so unwilling to invest in the school, he is very anti PTO, and is full of himself. He comes across like he cares but he only cares about the monetary bottom line. I have just pulled the last of my 2 children out, and am sad about it, the staff is outstanding, but as long as they continue under the district leadership in place now Pinnacle will never be a school that is worth anything.

Pinnacle Academy 2

Posted April 27, 2012
I seriously wonder about the value of these websites when I see responses like this. Yes, if you are lucky your child will get one of the teachers at this school who is adequately trained and actually cares about your child. Unfortunately, there are people working at this school who don't have the credentials to adequately function as lunch monitors let alone be entrusted with a full year of academic guidance. Having had 2 children attend this school over a 3 year period I can say one was lucky enough to have quality teachers all three years while the other only experienced the same luck one year. The consistent quality of fine arts delivered by the ballet program does hold true regardless of the classroom teacher. While I do not want to give the wonderful teachers who earnestly work to nurture and educate their students using best practice methodology an unfair label, receiving a quality educational experience is up to he luck of the draw rather than the rule of accepted practice. This fact may be missed by those who are not familiar with sound educational practice.

Posted June 10, 2011
I don't quite understand the parents comment qouted "ive yet to know anything other than they are keeping me from being involved in my childs education Submitted by a parent" Pinnacle uses SNAPgrades which sends you email updates listing their assignments, grades, absences, report cards, and missing assignments.. I have never had any obstruction to talking to my son's teachers or the principal.. This is a small school with personal attention.. our experience here has been awesome!! I would reccomend this school to everyone except that would make it not so small :)

Pinnacle Academy 4

Posted March 23, 2011
Needs more structure and communication. I really don't like the fact that I have to go clean my child's desk out just to get work that is not completed. Not sure if more time needs to be given for work to be completed in class or what. If the child is not concentrating the teacher needs to re-direct. Hoping some things will change with the new leadership that has been put in place, but the teachers really do care for the kids and I love that. These are all things that can be worked through and all in all this is a great school.

Pinnacle Academy 4

Posted February 01, 2011
I am a student. I have gone to Pinnacle since 1st grade. Honestly I have up and down feelings about this school put truthfully I can't see myself leaving this school.I think anyone would love to go here and i am excited to see more people join the Family.

Posted January 18, 2011

Posted December 15, 2010
This is a fantastic school. The teachers really go the extra mile to help your student achieve. The small school enviroment and student to teacher ratio is awesome. My child has flourished at this school. I can't say enough good things about it and I am so glad it is here.

Pinnacle Academy
5006 James Drive, Dallas, TX  75227
Last modified Pinnacle Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pinnacle Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 59 reviews. Top