Cj & Anne Hyman Elementary School 1

Posted May 28, 2014
The principal is a first year principal with little experience and poor skills in dealing with children. The office staff overlook issues until they become a big problem and then pawn them off elsewhere so they don't have to deal with them. The counselor has more skills in directing traffic than counseling kids and helping them cope with their problems. He does not follow through with any promises he makes to help children who need it; therefore, the issues get worse and the child is forced out of the school. When a parent has to file complaint after complaint to the district in order for the school faculty to take action in assisting a child succeed this speaks poorly of them. I would think twice before enrolling any child here. Unless of course they are well behaved, exemplary students who don't need any assistance or counseling.

Cj & Anne Hyman Elementary School 1

Posted June 18, 2013
Trying real hard here to avoid slander. Needless to say, not impressed with this school. The facility is fine. Everything else? Not so much. Had to remove my child in order to avoid damaging spirit and love for learning. That's an unprecedented move after years in various educational settings.

Cj & Anne Hyman Elementary School 3

Posted June 13, 2011
I found Hyman to be an average school. Some of the teachers are good and some are not. The principal is not very receptive to parents concerns and the curriculum is not challenging for bright students.

Posted March 17, 2011
Our son is in Kindergarten and we are very impressed with the base of knowledge they are expecting. Also, the discipline is strong. They are doing a great job of helping young children learn how to act in school and what it takes to learn and be a great student. The PTA could be more open to new parents being involved. They don't appear to reach out to encourage other parents to join and be active.

Posted April 13, 2009
Mrs. Olsen in first grade has worked Miracles with our daughter. Her dedication and devotion to the education of her pupils is more than we could ever have asked for...

Posted January 14, 2009
My daughter has been attending Hyman for four years, and we both love it. The staff is very friendly. The ratio from student to teacher is great and it show in all their scores. Very nice school.

Posted April 05, 2006
I really like Hyman Elementary School. My daughter attended 1st-3rd grade and the teaching quality was excellent. They were rated exemplary for TAKS and preparation was very positive. I didn't feel the PTA was very engaging towards other parents but all of my daughter's teachers were very open and communicated well with me.

Posted October 02, 2005

Posted July 27, 2005
I was more than pleased with the teachers and leadership at C J Hyman, not only do the teachers push the students to apply themselves but they provide quality leadership and we were more than pleased with our daughter's results in her stay at hyman. I highly recommend this school, on the 1 complaint I have it was the guidence counsler and the gate program...my daughter whom never received a grade or test score under 95% to not qualify for the program should have raised a red flag.I would have thought with such a gifted student some type of research as to why she did not test well enough to be accepted would have been done! Thank - you.

Posted March 25, 2005
This is a new school in the Duncanville Independent School District - opened in fall of 2003. We have enjoyed it very much. I am very involved in being a classroom aid and enjoy interacting with my children's teachers.

Cj & Anne Hyman Elementary School
8441 Fox Creek Trail, Dallas, TX  75249
Last modified Cj & Anne Hyman Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cj & Anne Hyman Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews. Top