Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

My child attended Bilhartz the last four years. things suddenly went down hill this past year with the change in campus administration. Seems their focus has shifted away from the wellbeing of the kids, to sole focus on state standardized test scores. Plus, they seem to frown upon parent involvement.

Develops character: Disagree

Been my experience that some of the school campus administration is not receptive to children with learning disabilities.

The school building itself is beautiful but the administration, teachers and other personnel are awful. My child attended PPCD and Kinder at Bilhartz and it was the worst two years of my life. The school does not want input from the parents. The kinder teacher would call me at home to complain about my daughter weekly and how she wasn't grasping what was taught. But when we would meet with the principal try to get extra help, she would clam up and deny she said those things. Nothing was ever put in writing so that we could follow up on it. When we went to a new school we were told that our child should have never received passing marks in kinder but should have repeated the year to get a better grasp on basic skills. Do not send your child to this school if you can keep from it.

My kids have been going to Bilhartz since it opened. We love the school and the teachers and staff are great people. They make you feel like you have been there for ever. My kids really love the school.

Its a great school. For any body to go to. I suggest that parents should really check it out. My daughter started this year kinda late but its a great school. Even for kids with disabilities. The teachers and staff are really on point with everything.

I am a parent of 2 children at Bilhartz...I have found that my children's teachers are very open to my participation in their education. The administration is a little rigid, but the teachers work hard to make each day productive and special for each child.

Last modified James R Bilhartz Jr Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.