Dallas, TX

James R Bilhartz Jr Elementary School 2

Posted March 24, 2015
The school building itself is beautiful but the administration, teachers and other personnel are awful. My child attended PPCD and Kinder at Bilhartz and it was the worst two years of my life. The school does not want input from the parents. The kinder teacher would call me at home to complain about my daughter weekly and how she wasn't grasping what was taught. But when we would meet with the principal try to get extra help, she would clam up and deny she said those things. Nothing was ever put in writing so that we could follow up on it. When we went to a new school we were told that our child should have never received passing marks in kinder but should have repeated the year to get a better grasp on basic skills. Do not send your child to this school if you can keep from it.

James R Bilhartz Jr Elementary School 5

Posted June 01, 2007
My kids have been going to Bilhartz since it opened. We love the school and the teachers and staff are great people. They make you feel like you have been there for ever. My kids really love the school.

James R Bilhartz Jr Elementary School 5

Posted December 19, 2006
Its a great school. For any body to go to. I suggest that parents should really check it out. My daughter started this year kinda late but its a great school. Even for kids with disabilities. The teachers and staff are really on point with everything.

James R Bilhartz Jr Elementary School 4

Posted December 12, 2006
I am a parent of 2 children at Bilhartz...I have found that my children's teachers are very open to my participation in their education. The administration is a little rigid, but the teachers work hard to make each day productive and special for each child.

James R Bilhartz Jr Elementary School 3

Posted September 24, 2005
This is a fairly new school that has had alot of staff turnover. There is not alot of parent involvement. You generally see a few parents that do all of the work. There is only choir as an extracurricular activity. The school could have better test scores if they could keep the same staff from year to year. Each year it's like starting over.

James R Bilhartz Jr Elementary School 3

Posted April 25, 2004
I am a parent of a student at Bilhartz. The school it self is a state of the art facility. However I wish that the School District Administration would have put as much care and concern in selecting the adminstrators at this school. The teachers in my experience are not approachable, they do not want alot of involvement in the class and when approached they are very guarded in what they answer resulting in more questions.

James R Bilhartz Jr Elementary School
6700 Wandt Drive, Dallas, TX  75236
Last modified James R Bilhartz Jr Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-4. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
James R Bilhartz Jr Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top