Posted June 30, 2014
So I've been attending A+ for 3 years already and on my first year which was freshman year I loved it the first day! The school is way better then public schools.No fights or much drama. The teachers really help alot and well its like one big happy family in a class.Since it's a small school we all know each other. Its perfect and my knowledge has well improved .But they could improve by bringing in more kids waiting on the list and bigger space

A+ Academy 3

Posted September 15, 2013
The band teacher, ms gomez, is the worst! She is very up tight and gives students detentions for anything. She has no patience with kids and loves to say,"you are wasting my time." Parents think twice before enrolling your kids into band or be prepared to wake up early to send your kids off to detention for the dumbest little things. I was a former student at A+Academy. Yeah A+ was a good school before my graduation, but now it is slowly turning into another Spruse. The school was a better charter school for all high school students when Mr. Thompson was still the principal.

Posted May 23, 2013
this is a great school they are big enough to be able to access the special programs that are sometimes needed. i love that they have grades pk-12 this leads to the teenagers acting in very approiate ways (unlike the public highschoolers).

Posted October 02, 2012
A+ Academy is a great school for all the children because of their PK-12 teachers that are very dedicated to all the children and they work with them step by step to help them achieve GREATNESS. Mr.B is one of the teachers that are here in A+ Academy and he is very awesome!!!!!!:D

Posted September 23, 2012
My children has been going to this school for the past six years and they still going there we havn't had any problems accept my son couldn't keep his mouth shut and he didn't won't to listen to the teachers so he got kicked out this school but it was my son fault this school has great teachers and they are there to teach the kids the past two years they have done alot of up-grades to the school and staff meaning there is alot of new staff and there still doing alot of up-grades to the school and system this year they have 100% better and safer system then before the only complaint I have is there isn't enough restrooms for the students with is making them late to class because they have to wait so long for the other students go so I think there should be restrooms at each end of the hallways

Posted May 18, 2012
A great school... according to US News and World Reports in the top 10 percent of schools in the United States!!!! Need I say more??? The gym has been remodeled, new windows throughout the school. The school no longer being managed by TEA and has a new superindent that believes in the students who has experience. There is NO school in this area with higher scores and the teacher retention rate is so high, now, I have heard of only one teacher leaving this year and that is because of a move. I love this school and so do my kids!

Posted May 18, 2011
I love A+Academy, i'm a freshman and I really love starting high school at a+! they're fixing the school up and although when I was in 3rd grade, i hated it and thought it was a cheap school, I have now noticed what the teachers and staff do for us. The teachers are amazing and I love them because they will stay after school to help you and a lot of teachers will find ways to help you get your grades up! i've been going since 3rd grade and I love a+:) i'm glad to be able to go to a+ because it's not like other high schools where there are different groups of people... in a+, everyone sticks together as a family! i love A+Academy, the teachers, and my fellow students!:)

Posted January 06, 2011
my daughter has changed so much no longerin trouble all the time she loves going to this school and hse actually learning ..Which she wasnt doing anything at all in regular disd schools

Posted August 28, 2010
ive been going to this school since i was in Pre-k, now i am in the 10th grade. ive been thru thick and thin with this school. yes, they have had a couple of problems before... but they do thier best to fix them... they resently installed new windows EVERYWHERE... and they have AMAZING teachers and i am now trying to get a sponser to help buy a new airconditioner in the gym... these teachers inspire me to do anything and they believe in me... they dont give up on any one... like our saying goes... "No Student Left Behind"

Posted August 09, 2009
I have been with A+ Academy for over 5 years. Yes, there are problems at the school yet many of the problems, as another teacher has already stated, is that the city has taken a long time to grant us the necessary permits for electricity. The school has worked hard for the last couple of years to address many of the concerns listed here. We do not have the funds that public schools do, yet we are making remarkable headway in improvements. This school has only been around for a little over 10 years and we were very close to making Recognized this year. What about the school districts like Dallas ISD that have been in existence for over a hundred years? If they still don't have everything perfect with all of the money given to their schools, how do you expect a newcomer to be perfect?

A+ Academy
10327 Rylie Road, Dallas, TX  75217
Last modified A+ Academy is a Charter school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
A+ Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 44 reviews. Top