Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Somewhat effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted November 17, 2015
I want to say thanks to Mrs. Andrea Smith who was always their for my oldest daughter.

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted November 17, 2015
Kids at this school do not respect each other for the bad attitudes they give to other kids who didn't deserve it in the beginning.

Develops empathy: Strongly disagree

Posted November 17, 2015
If they care they wouldn't bully my daughters and hurting their feeling to where they can't take it anymore.

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted November 17, 2015
By stopping kids from bulling each other and the Principal to do what she said she would.

Mcwhorter Elementary School 1

Posted November 17, 2015
They are really bad when it comes to kids being bullied. My two daughters were being bullied every since 2013-2015. My husband and I decided to go personally to the Principal and tell her my two daughters are being bullied since last school year of 2014-2015, til this day still they have not done nothing about it. We've decided to relocate them to another school. Just seeing them two crying can really hurt your feelings.

Mcwhorter Elementary School 5

Posted January 23, 2015
As the parent below mentioned, "parents had the children" and parents are the child's first and most important teacher in their lives. Teachers are there to help YOU help your child succeed. In order for students to succeed parents must first do their parts at home. It seems that you are trying but instead of blaming 100% on teachers try to find resources outside of school(Google Texas TEKS or go to library) Teachers are not there to hurt children's education, they are simply trying to help parents. They prepare 6 lessons a day plus copies plus intervention and tutoring lessons and meetings. Have you volunteered to help her/him?... They will see your child for a year but after that your child is still your responsibility and yours alone. Hope this helps. :)

Mcwhorter Elementary School 2

Posted January 14, 2015
We recently relocated to Texas after finishing active duty service overseas. I had read other reviews of McWhorter and at first, felt very confident in sending my son here. However, after attending since this academic year started (2014-2015), I am severely disappointed. As another reviewer said, there is ZERO information being sent home concerning days off, policy changes, staff changes, etc. Parents do need to be in the know despite what others thing. The only information that I hear on a consistent basis is concerning parking and drop-offs for the morning. Homework is inconsistent and when asked about that fact, I was told that "it changes from week to week and depends on what we get through". I have asked for extra work because my son is weak in math and never comes home with any homework--I was referred to a website that doesn't even present problems in the same format at state testing. How can I expect him to get better if the work taught at school is not reinforced at home? I understand that this can be a teacher, not a school issue. However, when I hear about the same problems with different grades, classes, etc., then at that time it becomes a SCHOOL issue.

Mcwhorter Elementary School 4

Posted April 20, 2014
I had my child transferred into this school going into kindergarten and I have loved the support that I have gotten from his teacher and the staff. From what I have seen is it there is an issue with a child all teachers will try to get involved to assist. Now with that said... it is up to us parents to be just as involved. I work in child care myself and I know that it is not easy but as a PARENT I am involved. You have yo be involved some kind of way. We had our kids not the school, staff, or the teachers!!!

Mcwhorter Elementary School 4

Posted December 10, 2013
I really like the teachers' involvement level, their compromise with the students are very seriously; however the learning process of every child does not depend only on their teachers, the parents involvement is also important in their learning.

Mcwhorter Elementary School 2

Posted September 12, 2011
no info being sent to parents.... and no info about policys..... i keep geting told that the only ppl that need to know any thing going on or changeing is the students not the parents...

3678 Timberglen Road, Dallas, TX  75287
Last modified Mcwhorter Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mcwhorter Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top