Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)

Handles bullying effectively: Strongly disagree

This school bullying report is a joke. I filled out so many of these for two years and did nothing to help. I took me going to the school and making scene to get them to listen to me. They will talk to my child, who is a people pleaser and listen to them, when the parent would know more about how it is effecting the child.

Supports LD students: Disagree

I felt they tested my child out of services they used to get in their other school. No matter what I try to explain to them, they wouldn't listen. I feel my child is missing out of stuff they need extra help in.

Effective school leaders: Neutral

I can't say yes or no, I do know that some teachers are good and some are bad. I don't have high confidence with the Principle of the school.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

These kids don't respect each other. If any is being tout, it's at home by the parent.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly disagree

All I hear about is the teachers yelling at the kids. My child is no angel but if they are trying to explain a situation, instead of being out right blamed, the child should have the chance to be listen to. If they did wrong then punish them, if not they should be able to defend themselves. One teacher wouldn't even listen to my child, when they were being bullied and went to complain the teacher wouldn't listen to a "tattle tail".

Amount of homework: Strongly disagree

They get homework once a week, and its 2 worksheets 1 for two different subjects. No other study materials comes home with it. The composition note books that we send in with the kids, we never see, any notes these kids have the subject we never see. When we ask the teacher about homework they say it depends on where the kids are in subject that is being tout. There math competition that my child is in, no study materials being sent home for further studying. Sorry if you have a distract competition I think studying more than one a week is needed. When asked for more materials so we can help at home, nothing is given. This school is a joke.

This School is horrible, I relocated down here almost 3 years ago. My daughter never had a bullying problem in her last school. Here she gets bullied every year, and when I report it nothing happens. Something was said to the other kids parents and that parent tried to confront my daughter. I told the school I will get the police involved if this happens again. There is no information being sent home, you don't when school is off, there homework is a joke. Some of the homework me and my husband question all the time due to some mistakes we see in them, it's crazy. When we ask for extra study material, everything is websites for them. News flash I don't let my kid be on the computer everyday, heck she barely plays on her Xbox because I don't want her to rely on it for fun. I have to go on Amazon and buy study material for her. The teachers are rude and not helpful at all, some are nice I will give them that but most aren't. Quick to dismiss you when you are trying to figure out a situation refusing to listen to the parents when they say what happen when something wasn't signed. If I had the means to take my daughter to another school, I would. This school just gets worse every year she is there. I worry about how middle school will be like.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

By stopping kids from bulling each other and the Principal to do what she said she would.

They are really bad when it comes to kids being bullied. My two daughters were being bullied every since 2013-2015. My husband and I decided to go personally to the Principal and tell her my two daughters are being bullied since last school year of 2014-2015, til this day still they have not done nothing about it. We've decided to relocate them to another school. Just seeing them two crying can really hurt your feelings.

As the parent below mentioned, "parents had the children" and parents are the child's first and most important teacher in their lives. Teachers are there to help YOU help your child succeed. In order for students to succeed parents must first do their parts at home. It seems that you are trying but instead of blaming 100% on teachers try to find resources outside of school(Google Texas TEKS or go to library) Teachers are not there to hurt children's education, they are simply trying to help parents. They prepare 6 lessons a day plus copies plus intervention and tutoring lessons and meetings. Have you volunteered to help her/him?... They will see your child for a year but after that your child is still your responsibility and yours alone. Hope this helps. :)

Last modified Mcwhorter Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.