Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

My child has attended this school for one year and I am currently looking for a different school right now. She has even asked to not return to this school next year which is odd because she LOVES school. Her teacher for prek4 was great, but I am afraid that the next teacher won't be so wonderful since they change staff regularly and the teachers ALWAYS seem so unhappy. They are rude, disorganized, and never very helpful. They look ready to quit at any moment. I have heard my daughter say she's witnessed other students get hit with shoes and punished in closets within the classrooms. She says that she has never been physically punished because she's a good student, but it should happen by the principal and not teachers. I have personally witnessed a teacher slightly shove a heavier kindergarten student. The lunch is horrible and they rush students to each within 15 mins. Once, they served spaghetti with bbq sauce instead of tomato sauce. The teacher was so disgusted that she fed the students grapes in her classroom. Don't enroll here for your childen's sake!!!

I love this school it is amazing. I have heard this school is wonderful. It is in good condition the teachers are perfect.The lunches ate wonderful!!!!!!!

My school is Gateway Charter Academy.. To me the curriculum is excellent and the teachers so far are fantastic. I will continue to let my children attend as long as it stay like this.

i hate it and my child will not be back hate it hate it hate it

My son attends Gateway and he's in Pre-K. Overall, I don't like this school one bit. I knew on the first day of school that this was a huge mistake. My husband and I pulled into a parking spot and noticed that they have secretary misspelled on the assigned parking spots for the church. The staff sends home flyers, homework...etc. with grammar and typos regularly. My son was without homework for 2 weeks one time and it was all because the copy machine was broken. That is totally unacceptable to me. I can't wait until this school year is over because we're withdrawing him. I feel that the kids are at a disadvantage there. They are not being taught properly and I'm not standing for it. The straw that broke the camels back was when I attended the first PTO meeting and the PTO staff were asking for a flat screen.

My son has attended Gateway for a year and he loves his teacher. I think it is a good school overall and seems to be making progress to become even better & I love the staff especially the office staff.

My daughter has been attending GCA since 2nd grade (now in 6th). I believe the school needs to put a little more focus on who they hire, but overall my daughter has done great. She is an A/B student and has had excellent instruction in order to be successful with TAKS.

i really wouldn't recommend letting your kids go to gateway because the students and staff are very disorganized and the classrooms are very small and there is no a/c. i would rather go to a public school.

Please do not put your children in this school. They are not concerned with academics. The staff including the principal is very unprofessional and should not be allowed to educate.

I think that Gateway Charter Academy is an excellent school academically, sports wise, and staff is very supportive.

Last modified Gateway Charter Academy -El is a Charter school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.