Bad
Good

Golden Rule Charter School in Dallas is terrible, they try to fail most of the student's, needless to say the teachers are not qualify to teach, some of them are incompetent and could barely even speak English. I don't see how they can teach something they're not good at.

The golden rule school is bad! Don’t take your kids there. No respect for children or their parents. They hire people have not graduated.

This school caters to family members and the pastors that work for the superintendent. Everyone is related either by blood or church related. The person in charge of the school finances is the superintendents son in law. His daughters are in charge of student count. He has 2 sons working there, one as a coach and the other is the executive director of the daycare. His brother's company is contracted by the school to do the maintenance. And worst of all, there aren't enough resources for teachers or students. They are doing illegal practices with the bilingual program, too. It's all corrupted from the top down. They all cover each other because they are all family! All the principals quit from all 5 schools last school year. I wonder why?

I had the opportunity to be interviewed for this school and even after reading all the reviews and going in there with much skepticism.. I still went in for my interview. The superintendent and entire interview staff had me waiting 30 minutes past my interview time. I almost walked out. Really unprofessional. First impression was a bad one. Then after the interview, I was told that I would get a call regardless if I got the job or not. It's been months. No call. I am most definitely not bitter about not getting the job because I am now employed at another charter school in Dallas . But to say one thing and do another is unacceptable to me as well. I truly believed that I could make a difference at this school. I just hope the administration and staff can be more professional and support their team more.

The teachers are given out of date curriculum. There is no pacing guide for the subject areas.Very few teachers have over 5 years of experience. Teachers stay for a few years and move on. The school board gave the teachers a raise this year in hopes to keep teachers. The school has been open nearly 10 years and you would expect the school to be further along. The teachers are expected to be at the school by 7:30 and stay until 4:15. The SPED department has had multiple administrators and doesn't have all the paper work in order. Dr. Vicente Delgado has large amount of family/ church employees working for the school. The church family employees are in HR, daycare, kidzone, custodians, cafeteria, security, and cafeteria meals. There is a lacking amount of resource given to the teacher. The students are tested 3 weeks test, 6 weeks test, and benchmarks. This year the teachers were not notified properly of the number of ELL's in the classroom until May.The students were not given differentiation needs or expectations that the state requires for children who are ELL. Teachers must submit a print request and could wait from 24 hours-36hours.

I used to work for this district and I agree that they are limited on materials and technology. Students are very sweet but the administration lacks organization. It's a good district were they have loving teachers but the students deserve a bigger school district with more opportunities to grow. Public schools offer more opportunities than charter schools.

My child attended GRS since PK and is now headed for High School. And was accepted to a recognized magnet school! Sad to see that former employees bash on the school but when they were in need for money/job they accepted the position, shows where their hearts really were! Shame on you! IF you didn;t like the job you should've quit sooner! I didn't agree with all the strict rules BUT now I see that this helped in their formation because where my child was accepted they are expected to go above and beyond. Thank you GRS Administration & Teachers for the impact you had on my child! Quite a few 8th graders were accepted to various Magnet/Early College High Schools this should say something about GRS!!!! Way to go!!!!

Great school! Es bueno saber que esta escuela esta en el area donde es mas necesitada por la comunidad Hispana!

You will always have unhappy teachers when things don't go their way. I work at a large ISD and I see it all the time. The teachers at GRS do care for the children and the environment is better than other schools. I would not move my kids from GRS district. You will always find something negative anywhere you go but thats life live with it or move. Charter Schools are a school of choice. And those teachers commenting negative more than likely got fired and now they are bad mouthing the schools. My husband and I have never experienced anything extreme at GRS. We are so excited for the new school year! Go EAGLES!!!

As a former teacher, please take your child to a different district where they will be exposed to many forms of technology and resources. This school district is horrible!!! The HR head is two faced and they are always firing teachers. Please take your child to a district where they will receive a better education. I am happy to be gone from that district and to a bigger and supportive district.

Last modified Golden Rule Charter School is a Charter school that serves grades PK-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.