Dayton, TX
Students enrolled: 1,406

Posted June 10, 2009
Great school district two years ahead of DODDS systems in South Korea. Military schools (DODDS) stink! The teachers in Dayton, ISD really care about the students education. Dayton, is a Christian community and I like it that way. God Bless all of the Dayton, ISD teachers and the community. We really miss you all. Ingrid Smith (military depd. South Korea)

Posted July 09, 2008

Dayton High School 1

Posted November 30, 2007

Posted November 21, 2007
I am currently a student at Dayton High School. I think Dayton High School is great. Here at Dayton they give you so many chances to graduate. They always put students first. If you attended this High School and did not receive a diploma it simply means that you did not try. The staff members do their best trying to help us students graduate so we can proceed with our lives. You should give them a chance, learn what they're about. Don't judge our school by what you've heard. If you have attended this school, you know exactly how much everyone tries. We're not about the money. The money goes to the school and its needs.

Dayton High School 3

Posted August 23, 2006
This school is great all together. But the one thing that really gets me is all the money they ask for. $5.00 for a parking pass, $100.00 a class for summer school, $50.00 for prom tickets. It is just crazy that we have to come up with the money for all this stuff. $5.00 for a parking pass ok. As for summer school and prom. We went to summer school for free and why does it have to be $100.00 a class what about people who can't afford that. What is the money used for. As for prom we had fun raisers to pay for the place to have the prom and for decoratinos. Yes the kids get a good education, but it seems to me all the school is interestred in is makeing as much money as the can get their grubby little hands on.

Posted July 13, 2006
- a former student
I am a former student of Dayton High School and I am in the Marines now. Dayton High school gave me the tools I needed to be a good person and choose my own path. Parent involvement is important but also is the Childs freedom. Give the childern a chance to make mistakes and learn for them. I agree that more extracurricular activities should be made but I belive we should not just focus on them. Students need to understand that their school work comes first. To end this I will say as a father, I would love for my son to go to this school. I loved it when I went there and so would he. Timothy McFarland (T.J.)

Posted April 12, 2006

Dayton High School 4

Posted March 29, 2006

Dayton High School 4

Posted August 05, 2005
- a former student
Dayton high school is full of very knowledgeable teachers, who are always willing to go that extra distanc to help their students. i highly recommend this school district for any students.

Dayton High School 2

Posted February 09, 2005
The district, in its entirety, seems to harshly restrain individual thinking and full potential. Instead of encouraging students to think for themselves and prepare for the world ahead, they are shamefully constrained and told what to think, say and feel. This supremely disappoints me, and arouses great concern for the students at Dayton High School. What are they to do in the years to come when all they've been taught is to follow, not pursue their own course? I commend the district for continuously striving to include more extra-curricular activity and encouraging student involvement, and this alone is one of the few reasons that I provide the rating I have given. However, if the school keeps passing these kids through as followers, we are discouraging individuality and promoting dependency. Do we want or need that? No.

Dayton High School
P O Box 248, Dayton, TX  77535
Last modified Dayton High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Dayton High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top