Wilson J High School 2

Posted May 04, 2010
Teachers need to focus more on education and behavior, and less on uniform. For behavior, they yell at students all day, and never get far. However, there are a few very good teachers. The health standards are less than desirable, but what can you expect a student with allergies to say? About 25% of the students are the least bit polite or attentive.

Wilson J High School 3

Posted January 20, 2009
I think the dress code is rediculous because children should be able to wear what ever they want. And I think that the school could have more activities for the children to enroll in.

Wilson J High School 5

Posted January 12, 2009
When my daughter began the seventh grade here, in Dayton, it was the eighth school district she has been enrolled in. I grew up here in Dayton and am very proud of this town. The move home for me has proven to be the best choice as far as my daughters education is concerned. She is absolutely thrilled at the thought of going to school everyday now. The dress code doesn't bother either of us at all. As for the parents who have commented on the staff of this campus, I have a question. If you believe YOU could make a difference in the representation of this campus or this school district, what are you waiting for? By all means, please apply for a position within the school disrict !! But until then ...

Posted January 29, 2008
I don't think they do enough for the students when it comes to them having trouble they don't even contact the parents to let them know..and when you try to contact them they don't have time to discuss it..the office staff is rude..I feel like they spend to much time worrying on what they wear then the education

Wilson J High School 3

Posted January 07, 2007
- a former student
There isn't enough art and writing activities at that school.

Wilson J High School 4

Posted May 08, 2006
Academic programs good as far as I can see! Staff friendly most of the time ,

Posted May 11, 2005

Posted August 15, 2004
Two things I realized about this school when I went to visit it last year was the wardrobe change! Children can't show there true self if they're wearing a uniform like a prison. Also, there staff is really rude to grown-ups just as well as kids. -Philip

Posted April 15, 2004
When visiting school, found Office Staff and Teachers to be very disrespectful and unfriendly. Not only to parents but also to children. Almost like a prison, not a School. I believe children need positive enviroment to learn. The lunch program and the quality of food was really bad. I feel my chidren are safe living in Dayton. The crime rate is low. But very worried about their Education and Self Esteem.

Wilson J High School 5

Posted September 09, 2003
I love this school it has the best teachers and the principal there is great. If you would like a good back home school where your children learn and not how good the Jones looks this is the one. Thank you for a job well done Dayton!

Wilson J High School
P O Box 248, Dayton, TX  77535
Last modified Wilson J High School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wilson J High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews. Top