Posted August 12, 2011
I just graduated from this school and i have to say I loved it. No sport was more important than the other. I played softball and the coaches really cared about school before the sport. This school district is much better than the surrounding school districts. Decatur ISD parents are super involved in everything their children do. Nothing was ever done without parents being asked to participate. If you want a horrible school district, Bridgeport is just 15 minutes away! Decatur is the best school district I have Ever attended. All of the teachers care a lot about how well the students are learning and are available at all times if the students need more help. Also the SRO is hard hitting and will crack down on any bullying issue that is addressed.

Decatur High School 1

Posted May 05, 2011
If you are from out of town, don't put your kids through this mess. Administration is blind to the horrible problem with bullies. Girls and guys will make life misurable for you and your kids. The schools do not want parent involvement at all and are not about to address any problems. You feel like you're bothering them if you go into the school for anything. You might be ok if your child is a star athlete but if not, then the school has no use for your child. 80% of the teachers are coaches which is their main priority. We have moved around a lot and this is the worse school district yet. We were fooled by asking locals and reading positive reviews and I'd hate to see another family go through what we are. We have a couple years left and are exploring other options to this High School.

Posted September 20, 2008

Decatur High School 4

Posted May 21, 2008
My experience has been a postive one. Since I live several thousand miles away I feel fortunate to be able to communicate with the teachers and other administrators regarding my kids social and acedemic progress. I am greatful for the sense of caring and acceptance of my children from this high school and the postive atmosphere that is around them.

Posted January 04, 2008

Posted November 19, 2007

Posted November 18, 2007
The principal, the teaching staff and the coaching staff are top notch. The principal has turned this school from a low performing school into a nationally recognized school. She was a finalist for National Administrator of the Year and also finalist for State Administrator of the Year....sounds like the other reviews are from disgruntled parents. I have been around here for the last 12 years and seen the high school go from bad to a class act. Principal and Athletic Director are the reasons why this has occurred.

Posted November 07, 2005

Decatur High School 4

Posted July 07, 2005
Its a really great school. You get the right learning you need there. The teachers are so nice. They will stay with you after school if you need help with something. I think alot of kids should go here.

Decatur High School 1

Posted February 14, 2005
We moved here hoping a smaller school would provide more opportunities for our well rounded children. This school has a very bad cliche problem. If they don't start here in K you're not IN! The principle here is the most unprofessional person I have ever met and talk about a BLACK LIST if you have a complaint! A few of the teachers here are great but the budget is all blown on the football program (ever seen 'varsity blues'?) My advice is if your looking for 'paradise' it's south of here!

Decatur High School
750 East Eagle Summit Drive, Decatur, TX  76234
Last modified Decatur High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Decatur High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top