Bad
Good

Posted October 13, 2008
We are happy to be a part of DPE. The teachers are excellent and truly care about each child.

Posted September 20, 2008
My daughter loves her class and the one on one time her teacher gives

Posted May 29, 2007
My children love the school and most the teachers although I am very un happy with the principal there at DPE. I feel as a parent I have to advocate for my children because no one else will.

Posted May 22, 2006
My youngest son has attended this school over the past two years. Since enrolling, they have tested him for dyslexia. The dyslexia program in this school has increased his reading skills, and helped him to overcome. He is excelling in reading because of the teacher envolvement. The are many incentives for reading, which encourage the children to want to read more. We have had an excellent experience with the principal and all the teachers. I would highly recommend this school. We will truly miss all the teachers and faculty, since we will be moving from the area thi year.

Posted December 28, 2005
My child is in the first grade at Deer Park Elementary. She enjoys this school very much. The school puts a lot of emphasis on Taks testing, as many other Texas Schools. My daughter's teacher is great and she informs me quite often about my daughter's progress. There are not many programs available to children of this age, however I understand that higher grade levels have many extra programs.

Posted April 19, 2005
This is an AMAZING school! We moved from Arizona 3 years ago and will be moving again soon. I wish I could take the school with me. The teachers are all wonderful, caring and well educated! The Principal, asst. principal and staff are helpful and attentive. The education my children are getting is better than I could have ever hoped. My youngest daughter is in K and is READING! My oldest is in 4th grade and is in the Gifted and Talented program, Choir, Student Council and takes guitar lessons AT the school, after school. They offer after school tutorials for children that need a little extra help. They not only get the students involved, they get the parents involved too! I will TRUELY miss this school and everyone there!

Posted May 11, 2004
We have had much success at DPE this year. This was my son's first year (KG) and he absolutely loved it! The parent/teacher involvement is incredible. I do feel that they spend to much time overcorrecting for minor problems though. I also experienced quite a few bad situations this year when it came to room mothers in Kindergarten. I feel that the principle spends to much time trying to make everyone the same and that the school does not do enough to encourage ones individuality. Overall we have been much satisfied with my son's teacher and will certainly miss her when he moves to first grade.

Deer Park Elementary School 3

Posted March 26, 2004
DPE has excellent commitment to academics. I do have concerns, however, that the commitment to excellency in academics is hindering other equally important facets of elementary education, such as the development of work habits, instilling the passion for learning, and simply having fun. So much of the 7 hours a day is spent on making sure everyone passes the TAKS. Recently an eight-year-old child at the school who is extremely bright was sent away to the alternative school for 2 days for taking books from the library to his desk to read. I also do not care for the implementation of TVs playing cartoons in the cafeteria through the lunch periods to keep the kids quiet. As a whole I believe DPE is a great school. I would just love to see a more holistic approach to elementary education.

Posted March 25, 2004
I have mixed reviews. The school is awesome education wise, a little strict on requirements, but my children know more because the teachers work together with each child. I enjoy the fact that the principal does meet the children and has lunch with them. Honestly, I wish school was as simple these days as it was in my days. All together, the school is really great because of the staff.

Posted September 09, 2003
Awesome school. Caring teachers. Involved parents. Wonderful principal. When I was in elementary school, the only time a student saw the principal was when they did something wrong. I don't remember ever meeting my principal. My daughter's principal 1) Has encouraging words for the students 2) Calls students to her office to congratulate them on job well done 3) Eats lunch with each student no less than once during the school year. My daughter loves this school!

Deer Park Elementary School
2920 Luella Avenue, Deer Park, TX  77536
Last modified Deer Park Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Deer Park Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top